Errors, bugs, questions - page 242

Yedelkin:
As I understand from the discussions, brokers don't spend their time improving (updating, uploading the "right") history. For example, spreads appeared in the history, but the broker did not download the updated database.
Shouldn't the checking (updating, downloading of the "correct") history take place automatically? For example, MT5 is updated automatically.

Jager:
Shouldn't checking, (updating, uploading the "right") history be automatic? For example, MT5 is updated automatically.

Forex is a decentralised interbank foreign exchange market. There is no single stream of quotes.

That's why there are often short-term arbitrage situations between brokerage companies

Jager:
Shouldn't checking, (updating, uploading the "correct") history be automatic? For example, MT5 is updated automatically.
What kind of update are we talking about? The automaticupdate of the client terminal from the server of the broker/dealer? Or the automatic update of the broker/dealer server from the MQ server? Are you sure that the broker/dealer server databases update automatically, similar to the statement "e.g. MT5 updates automatically"?

Yedelkin:
What kind of update are we talking about? The automatic update of the client terminal from the broker/dealer server? Or the automatic update of the broker/dealer server from the MQ server? Are you sure that the broker/dealer server databases update automatically, similar to the statement "e.g. MT5 updates automatically"?

It was about this:

Yedelkin2010.12.22 18:33

As I understand from the discussions, brokers don't spend their time on improving(updating, downloading the "right") history. For example, spreads appeared in the history, but the broker didn't download the updated database.

It seems to be clear that brokers do not have the same history.

Jager:

Sort of figured out by now that brokers don't have the same history.

My message was about brokers not taking the time to update the history. Let me make it clear: brokers don't waste their time updating the history from the MQ server, often even when it turns out that the broker's history is "broken", "wrong", etc. The automatic update of the MT5 client terminal has nothing to do with it. That was my answer to questions about why brokers have "wrong history", namely:

Jager:

Why do brokers get the wrong history?

Or do brokers take their time to warp it?

I hope the question is exhausted. A keyword search will take you to the relevant topics if you wish.

However, in my opinion, or for me, it is still not clear how the story is generated.

The fact that the history is different in demo mode is not a fundamental issue, and there may be a number of reasons why this is the case. But what will happen when MT5 will be transferred to the real mode. What history will be relevant, or maybe all the histories that are on different servers are valid and valid for those servers/brokers. That is, we need to know how the formation, aggregation and provision of information flows to the MT5 client. And my question is why this is the way it is and not the other way around, and what will happen in real time. Since the history provided is different, and if EAs analyse the history and make conclusions and decisions on this basis, the question of what is the history is very important, and the difference is really significant.

So please explain in detail the mechanism of how the story is generated and provided.

Thank you.

Almirian:

Please therefore elaborate on the mechanism for generating and providing history.

What I can advise: if no competent answers follow, then use the forum search. The topic of "broken history" has been discussed many times. I hope that you have already looked at the user manual of the terminal (on the mechanism of creating and sharing the history).

Yedelkin:

My message was about brokers not taking the time to update the history. Let me make it clear: brokers don't waste their time updating the history from the MQ server, often even when it turns out that the broker's history is "broken", "wrong", etc. The automatic update of the MT5 client terminal has nothing to do with it. That was my answer to questions about why brokers have "wrong history", namely:

I hope the question is settled. A keyword search will take you to the relevant topics if you wish.

Why would a broker waste time updating when it can be made automatic? You know the broker takes the history from somewhere and it has to be correct, otherwise you know what you can do.

If you do not know what to do with it, you may do something wrong. You may ask your broker what to update, the software, the history or something else.

If all the brokers have different history, it does not mean that it is broken, crooked. The history providers can be different.

Jager:

Why would a broker waste time updating when it can be done automatically? After all, the broker takes the history from somewhere and it has to be correct, otherwise you know what you can do.

If you do not know what to do with it, you may do something wrong. You may ask your broker what to update, the software, the history or something else.

If all the brokers have different history, it does not mean that it is broken, crooked. The history providers can be different.

Got it. The question is not exhausted :) Judging by the new questions, you are not sure if the broker/dealer server bases are automatically updated, but you think such an option is reasonable. Therefore I can advise you two ways: either to contact the developers directly for clarification of the situation with the automatic update (improvement, downloading of the "correct" - you can offer your own term) history from the broker / dealer, or to read the previous discussions on similar topics (brief summary of which I have indicated earlier, namely: the source of the differences between the historical data was called the shortcomings (pokivilism) of individual brokers in relation to historical data).

It's not about a broken story, or that one bar is different from the other. Both stories are "normal" and harmonious. The matter is that they have their own "features", they are different and that in practice leads to the situation when some experts using the situational approach based on the past history show 200+ on one history and 10+ on the other, of course using the same trading tools. That is why the question is not out of pure curiosity - "why is it so ???". :). I think the question is relevant and practical.

Before asking this question I certainly tried to find an answer, but could not.

If a competent explanation is given - thank you very much, because without knowing the subtleties how to achieve success?

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о запущенной MQL5-программе
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о запущенной MQL5-программе
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о запущенной MQL5-программе - Документация по MQL5
Reason: