Errors, bugs, questions - page 243

Almirian:

However, in my opinion, or for me, it is still not clear how the story is generated.

That the history is different in demo mode is not a fundamental issue, and there may be a number of reasons why this is the case. But what will happen when MT5 is moved to real mode. What history will be relevant, or maybe all the histories that are on different servers are valid and valid for these servers/brokers. That is, we need to know how the formation, aggregation and provision of information flows to the MT5 client. And my question is why this is the way it is and not the other way around, and what will happen in real time. Since the history provided is different, and if EAs analyse the history and make conclusions and decisions on this basis, the question of what is the history is very important, and the difference is really significant.

So please elaborate on the mechanism by which the story is generated and made available.

Thank you.

1. A broker who decided to switch to MT5 can synchronize the history with the MQ server for free. Also there is a possibility to synchronize the history with other servers for free or for money (depending on conditions).

It's possible to synchronise with their servers or any other history source (I suspect there's a way to adjust the history to suit their needs).

But some brokerage companies do not synchronize their history with MQ server (on which the history is periodically updated). For what reasons they do not synchronize the history is not for me to judge.

Perhaps they synced it in the beginning and now don't do updates (in order to get up-to-date history from the MQ server).

2. Of course, for each particular broker / CC its own history will be relevant (but that does not mean that it cannot have problematic places).

The easiest, most reliable and relatively cheap way would be to synchronize the history with the MQ server (if you don't have your own date). But there is one thing (which at least now plays a significant role) - not all tools are represented on the MQ server.

3. Consequently, when you switch to the real account, the broker should form the history on the basis of free data (say, downloading the history from the MQ server or his server), then if desired and necessary, use paid sources.

Jager:

Why would the broker waste time on updating if it can be made automatic? After all, the broker takes the history from somewhere and it has to be correct, otherwise you know what you can do.

If you do not know what to do with it, you may do something wrong. You may ask your broker what to update, the software, the history or something else.

If all the brokers have different history, it does not mean that it is broken, crooked. The history providers can be different.

There is a little inconsistency here. The software belonging to the client terminal is updated automatically (I think that with the servers something similar happens), but the history and the selection of symbols is the responsibility of broker / brokerage company.

In this case MQ cannot do anything (may be only a suggestion).

In my opinion, the decision to allow the free synchronization with your server was the most reasonable in this situation, but even with this solution there are many bottlenecks.

For example:

1. Not all of the instruments that a broker / CC will want to trade on the MQ server;

2. Even on the MQ server, the history is loaded to certain (reasonable) limits;

3) History of the MQ server may be different from the one that suits the broker / MCC, in this case it needs to be corrected accordingly.

Although this point is of course not required, if it is acceptable that the history in MT5 is different from the history in MT4.

PS

Subload or not to load the history and how to do it is the whole task and responsibility of the broker, MQ can not make decisions here...

For large brokers who have enough depth of their own history, the easiest way is to synchronise with their own servers.

Almirian:

It's not about the broken story...

Jager and I got a little sidetracked :)

On the subject. I also wondered many times over the summer why I got great results on Alpari and almost nothing on MQ. As I have already implemented this technique, I've already managed to trade with some Expert Advisors and I've learned that the algorithm is correct. In other words, it turned out that I was suffering from three months of bullshit, getting unreliable results in the tester. And Interesting said that the "trading environment" of a particular broker might be to blame. I don't fully understand what the "trading environment" is, but recently there was a discussion about zero margin at Alpari and that they (Alpari) are going to fix it. I have not understood it yet, but recently there was a discussion about how they (Alpari) are going to fix it (they (Alpari) are going to fix it).

I see :). Thanks for the answers.

Sometimes the bars are not drawn for some reason ( the attached video will explain how this happens). Then it works fine for a while, then it fails to draw again. I have not been able to understand the reason. I have not changed anything, i.e. I have not added or removed any indicators, expert advisors or scripts. It appears and disappears by itself. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

MQL5.community - Памятка пользователя
MQL5.community - Памятка пользователя
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Вы недавно зарегистрировались и у вас возникли вопросы: Как вставить картинку в сообщение на форуме, как красиво оформить исходный код MQL5, где находятся ваши Личные сообщения? В этой статье мы подготовили для вас несколько практических советов, которые помогут быстрее освоиться на сайте MQL5.community и позволят в полной мере воспользоваться доступными функциональными возможностями.

DenisR:

Sometimes the bars are not drawn for some reason ( the attached video will explain how this happens). Then it works fine for a while, then it fails to draw again. I have not been able to understand the reason. I have not changed anything, i.e. I have not added or removed any indicators, expert advisors or scripts. It appears and disappears by itself. Does anybody have any idea why it happens?

Who is your broker? I have been telling about the same problem for the 5th time... Yes and they are also talking about it: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/1111/page239/#comment_38908

But it's all just on the level of talk....

The response from servicedesk is amazing: "let Alpari know they have a problem with the quotes". What does the broker have to do with it if the terminal does not display the quotes it receives!!!??

It's clearly a floating bug, but where exactly only the developers can figure it out, but they won't do it

AlexSTAL:

Who is the broker? This is the 5th time I've spoken about a similar problem... Yes and they are also talking about it: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/1111/page239/#comment_38908

But it's all just on the level of talk....

The response from servicedesk is amazing: "let Alpari know they have a problem with the quotes". What does the broker have to do with it if the terminal does not display the quotes it receives!!!??

This is clearly a floating bug, but where it is only the developers can figure it out, but they don't want to do it

I downloaded MT5 from the metaquotes site, so it's not related to any particular broker. It was working fine for 10-15 minutes before, now it's glitches on the bars again ....

DenisR:

I downloaded MT5 from metaquotes site, so it's not related to any particular broker. Before that it worked fine for 10-15 minutes, now it's glitches on the bars again ...

Then it's better to servicedesk, with more info.

Interesting:
Then it's better to servicedesk, with more info.

I've written before...

zero result.

Although from all logic it is clear that the problem is not with the quote provider (DC), but with the client terminal... it should handle any situation correctly.

AlexSTAL:

the problem is not with the quote provider (DC) but with the client terminal...

I absolutely agree, especially since both videos show that the quotes are coming but the bars are not drawn. By the way, if we pull the chart with the mouse, the missed bar appears immediately.
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Стили рисования
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Стили рисования
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Стили рисования - Документация по MQL5

DenisR:
Absolutely agree, especially since from both videos you can see that the quotes are coming, but the bars are not drawn. By the way, if you pull the chart with the mouse, the missed bar appears immediately.

In your case it appears... and in mine nothing helps....

I hope the developers will listen to us and help us catch this floating bug ....

Reason: