Errors, bugs, questions - page 13

In general, the limit of 64 parameters is ubiquitous, bear in mind. For example, functions:

Всякая задача может быть разбита на подзадачи, каждую из которых можно либо непосредственно представить в виде кода, либо разбить на еще более мелкие подзадачи. Данный метод называется пошаговым уточнением. Функции служат для записи программного кода этих непосредственно решаемых подзадач. Код, описывающий, что делает функция, называется определением функции:

function_header
{
instructions
}

Everything in front of the first curly bracket makes up the function definitionheader, and what is between the curly brackets is the body of the function definition. The function header includes a description of the return value type, name (identifier) and formal parameters.The number of parameters passed to the function is limited and cannot exceed 64.

The question was about external input parameters, I have a large number of them in my EA, necessary for more flexible EA configuration, but as soon as I choose my EA from the general list in the tester, the terminal crashes immediately.

sergey1294:
The question was about external input parameters, I have a large number of them in my EA, which are necessary for a more flexible EA configuration, but as soon as I select my EA from the general list in the tester, the terminal crashes immediately.

It is common practice to use a configuration file for settings, especially if there are many settings. But the name of the configuration file can be passed as a parameter.

sergey1294:
The question was about external input parameters, I have in my EA a large number of them, needed for a more flexible EA configuration, but as soon as I select my EA from the general list in the tester, the terminal crashes immediately.

In my opinion the optimal solution for such situations is to output up to 64 parameters directly into the dialog and take all the rest from INI-file, say, and load them into variables.

In optimisation mode, if you want, some parameters (variables) can be recalculated by a neural network and again saved to Ini or somewhere else...

PS

From this point of view it is easier to put in a dialog the main parameters which basically have to be set by a user (especially RM and MM).

All the rest is in a file, the name of that file is also specified in parameters of the EA (say, for each currency or TF its own file).

stringo:

It is common practice to use a configuration file for settings, especially if there are many settings. However, the name of the configuration file can be passed as a parameter.

I've already recommended this option in private. A broader approach is suggested above...

stringo:

It is common practice to use a configuration file for settings, especially if there are many settings. However, the name of the configuration file can be passed as a parameter.

Thanks, I will take note, but still in MT4 there was no such problem with external parameters, why in MT5 this problem occurred.

Speaking of birds, how about Bool optimisation and other "subtleties" of optimisation? Application #16947...

In optimisation mode, several configuration files can be prepared and renumbered. You can put them in a shared folder of client terminals, then local agents can read them without problems.

If remote agents are used, then all possible file names have to be described in property tester_file

Interesting:
Speaking of birds, how about Bool optimisation and other "subtleties" of optimisation? Application #16947...

Bool optimisation corrected

stringo:

In optimisation mode, several configuration files can be prepared and renumbered. You can put them in a shared folder of client terminals, then local agents can read them without problems.

If remote agents are used, then all possible file names have to be described in property tester_file

For remote agents only one file can be described, just remember to change or update it later.
Reason: