Errors, bugs, questions - page 475

mql5:
Should work, double-check paths. Otherwise, yes, in CD with code/files attached.
Figured out what the problem is. It's up to you to decide if it's a bug or not. That EA I was trying to debug was selected in the tester (not tested, just selected in the list). Until I removed it from there by selecting another one, debugging didn't work. IMHO, that shouldn't be the case. And even if the debugger is so unfriendly with the tester, they should inform about it, i.e. when trying to debug code which was "captured" by tester, one should get message "Debugging is impossible - remove current script from tester". Now it runs as if in debugger, but it does not debug anything, and in case of errors it just crashes.

It is best, of course, that the tester and the debugger can work simultaneously.

Came across this feature. I edited the position and specified SL and TP in pips. Found that they were set relative to the opening price, not to the market, as it was in 4. Is it supposed to be like that?
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы - Документация по MQL5

marketeer:
I have come across such a feature. I have edited the position and specified SL and TP in pips. I found out that they are set relatively the open price and not the market price as it was in the fourth one. Is it supposed to be like that?

The User Manual states:

• Use Stop Levels - using this option you can specify how Stop Loss and Take Profit levels will be set when placing orders or modifying positions. If you select the option "in points" stop levels will be specified in the number of points from the order placing price. If you select the option "in prices", the stop levels will require a specific price level for their setting.
  •  
    Yedelkin:

The User Guide states:

• Use Stop Levels - using this option you can specify how Stop Loss and Take Profit levels will be set when placing orders or modifying positions. If you select the option "in points" stop levels will be specified in the number of points from the order placing price. If you choose the option "in prices", stop levels will require specifying a price level for setting them.
  • From four: To change the value of Stop Loss and Take Profit, you need to write the new values in the appropriate fields. To set orders in pips from the current price, set the required value in the "Level" field and press the "Copy" button.

So we see that the continuity is unconditionally broken in some way, instead of making an option and leaving the previous behaviour as default. Among other things, in the excerpt above we omitted the fact that a position in a five can be made up of several orders and we probably mean the price of the last order, though it would be more logical to suppose that we would take points away from the weighted average price of the position. What do you think?

marketeer:

...it seems to imply that we are talking about the price of the last order, although it would be more logical to assume that the points are set back from the weighted average price of the position. What do you think?

I am not interested in manual trading so I cannot add anything of importance. The current logic may be explained by the developers themselves.

As an alternative, you can submit your question as a request-desire for service-desk.

Do you know if it's possible to scroll to the right date at once?

I have to scroll with the Page_Up button from the current moment (29,07,2011)

all the way up to 01,01,2005 and sit 2-3 min. holding this button. Thanks !

Where is the promised new release?
    Reason: