Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 11

Hello Renat. Will the styler be in the editor?

sandex:
Hello Renat. Will the styler be in the editor?
Yes. This is the same MetaEditor 5.

Renat:
Yes, it is the same MetaEditor 5.

So, I don't understand about the debugger, will there be one or not?

That is, if there is no debugger, then how can MT5 be without it, and if there is, what and how will it "debug"?

Renat:
We'll see while working on the objects.

I understand, thank you.

As far as I understand, the implementation has not caused any troubles, as it can be managed from the parameters of the terminal.

Interesting:

So, I don't understand about the debugger, will there be one or not?

I.e. if there is no debugger, then how can MT5 be without it, and if there is, what and how will it "debug"?

What does MT5 have to do with it when we are talking about MT4?

Debugging depends on the operation of the host system - the terminal. And if the terminal does not contain debugging support, there will be no debugging.

Maybe we will enable debugging in MT4, but not in the nearest future.

papaklass:

Algo trade needs speed, not graphical objects and other rubbish.

Well, who prevents you from doing that? Do not use "other rubbish" in your EA - and voila - the chart does not take resources. I personally do not even use standard indicators, I prefer self-written classes, which work and take resources only when I need them.

Will new bars in MT4 now start at 59 seconds too? https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/11243

Personally, I miss the merging of files into a Project, so that within that Project the functions in the specified files (global_funcs.mqh) are considered as shared.

And I miss the integration of Doxygen (JavaDoc, PHPDoc ...) with autocomplete, which you refused to do.

And maybe for professional developers you will make Eclipse Plugin (at first you can do it without debugger), which will solve the problem of perpetual underdevelopment of MetaEditor?

papaklass:
 В 4-ке пока нет классов! Вы выступили для кого и для чего?

Replace the words "classes" with "functions" - the meaning remains the same. You said "trade needs speed, not graphics", I replied "don't use graphics and they won't get in the way". Do you think I'm wrong ?

And the classes appear to be coming quite soon in the four.

Laryx:

I replied - "don't use graphic elements and they won't get in the way". Do you think I'm wrong ?

He was probably referring to the chart, and all the other graphical elements. like you need a plain black console window with the command to turn the EA on or off.

he thinks that mt server and the channel to the provider will immediately become mega fast with millisecond execution of all orders // naive

It was announced in the announcement that new objects would be added. Will the 'timetable' object be added?

How many times can the testing/optimisation speed on MT4 increase with the new MQL4?
Reason: