Errors, bugs, questions - page 469

The following situation arises. I get this situation a lot. I change testing parameters in the tester. At the same time, I get a message that I need to change slightly and recompile the Expert Advisor. After that, those changes of parameters in the tester that I have just made are discarded. Is it a buy design? Why? Or SD?

marketeer:
The following situation arises. I get this situation a lot. I change testing parameters in the tester. At the same time, I get a message that I need to change slightly and recompile the Expert Advisor. After that, those changes of parameters in the tester that I have just made are discarded. Is it a buy design? Why? Or SD?

Does the name of the EA change slightly as well?

Another question to top it off. I'm using a custom parameter for optimisation. Someone decided that 2 decimal places are enough to display it. Or tell me where this is configured. I would be most satisfied with Custom min optimization algorithm, but there is no such thing, there is only Custom max, so I return 1/value from OnTester - in this particular run we get values around decimal, it would be logical to display them in tester.

MetaDriver:
Does the name of the councillor change slightly too?
Nope, you're witty.

marketeer:
Another question to top it off. I'm using a custom parameter for optimisation. Someone decided that 2 decimal places are enough to display it. Or tell me where this is configured. I'd be most happy with Custom min optimization algorithm, but I don't have it, there's only Custom max, so I'm returning 1/value from OnTester - in this particular case we get values around 10 000, it would be reasonable to display them in the tester. But now I have to invent a way to scale them to see the significant digits instead of 0.00.

I'm afraid of sounding too witty, but I'd still advise you to use return(-value );

marketeer:
The following situation arises. I get this situation a lot. I change testing parameters in the tester. At the same time, I get a message that I need to change slightly and recompile the Expert Advisor. After that, those changes of parameters in the tester that I have just made are discarded. Is it a buy design? Why? Or is it an SD?
I noticed once upon a time that if you change test parameters in the tester, you need to make at least one pass to save/memorize them in the tester. That's probably how it works now. If, however, you want to be guaranteed to save the new test parameters without looking back at anything - this is easily done via the context menu on the "Input parameters" tab.

Yedelkin:
I noticed a long time ago that if you change the test parameters in the tester, you have to make at least one pass to save/memorise them in the tester. This is probably still the case. If you want to guarantee saving new testing parameters without looking at anything - this is easily done via context menu on "Input parameters" tab.
When loading a new EA (or recompiling), the parameter values are taken from the set-file, if there is one, or substituted from the default parameters, if there is no set-file. The set-file is automatically updated during runs of the EA (it is created during the first run). Or it can be saved/loaded manually, as correctly noted.

MetaDriver:
I'm afraid of sounding too witty, but my advice is: use return(-value );
I do, but I don't like it because it contradicts the physical meaning of the value.

marketeer:
I do, but I don't like it because it contradicts the physical meaning of value.
It's horrible.

MetaDriver:
That's terrible.
I agree with you ;-).
Reason: