Errors, bugs, questions - page 250

The build 373 of 27.12.2010 incorrectly determines the start time of a bar when switching to another chart period. For example, if my Expert Advisor was thrown to chart in M1, then when switching to M5 or any other period, the bar start time is still returned for M1. This was not the case in previous version...

void OnTick()
  {
if(CopyTime(Symbol(), NULL, 0, 3, Time)<0) {Print("Не удалось скопировать Time!"); return;};
ArraySetAsSeries(Time,true);
Print("Time[0] = ",Time[0], "   Time[1] = ",Time[1] ) ;  
  }

Yedelkin:

Has anyone worked with the second version of the ChartGetInteger function :

? It seems that the value of the property is not passed to the receiving variable. At least this behaviour is noticed when using the construct

The function returns true, but the input variable windows contains the value obtained during initialization of this variable. In this case the first version of the function outputs a correct value. (And one small thing: if the receiving variable is declared with the long type, the compiler will generate a warning).

You are not handling the function correctly. Let's read the help:

1. Directly returns the value of the property.

longChartGetInteger(
longchart_id,// chart identifier
intprop_id,// property ident ifier
intsub_window=0// number of the subwindow, if necessary
);

2. Returns true or false depending on success of the function. If successful, the value of the property is placed in the target variable, passed by reference as the last parameter.

boolChartGetInteger(
longchart_id,// chart identifier
intprop_id,// property ident ifier
intsub_window,// number of subwindow
long&long_var//take value of the property
);

The function will return a boolean and assign a value to the variable only if the function has 4 arguments, without any options

MIK:

In the build 373 dated 27.12.2010, the start time of the bar is incorrectly defined when switching to another chart period. For example, if the EA was launched on М1, then when switching to М5 or any other timeframe, the start time of the bar is still returned for М1. This was not the case in previous versions...

void OnTick()
  {
if(CopyTime(Symbol(), NULL, 0, 3, Time)<0) {Print("Не удалось скопировать Time!"); return;};
ArraySetAsSeries(Time,true);
Print("Time[0] = ",Time[0], "   Time[1] = ",Time[1] ) ;  
  }

You are right, there is an error.

When the timeframe is changed, the Expert Advisor is not re-initialised correctly... We will look into it.

The latest build 373 (mt5) has me stunned. There's no way the update of the quotes will achieve the gap between

1 and 12 month and that's it. I deleted currency quotes (2010.hcc and in cache)

but it only records the incoming ones. Maybe I did something wrong.

I downloaded today from a link from your forum with the ticket 373 (the choice of another server

does not affect)

alexluek:

The latest build 373 (mt5) has me stunned. There's no way the update of the quotes will achieve the gap between

1 and 12 month and that's it. I deleted currency quotes (2010.hcc and in cache)

but it only records the incoming ones. Maybe I did something wrong.

Downloaded today via a link from your forum with the ticket 373 (the choice of another server.

does not affect)

And yet tell me more precisely.

What server, what symbol?

Yes, in the picture, and you can choose any server (from the standard ones).

I left the terminal for 3 hours M5, I came back and there was only price jumping without

I left the terminal at 3 o'clock on M5 and I came back and there was only the price jumping but no bars. I restarted the terminal and there are only bars for these 3 hours.

I have installed the terminal today with the ticket 373 mt5 (from forum).

https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/mt5setup.exe

And another thing - maybe it's me glitching, but when you select a new chart,

there is no update and the bars appear after restarting the terminal. Fig. 3

And so the price line runs like this until you restart it. The only bars that appear are the ones

that have appeared since the terminal was launched. Maybe I'm doing something wrong,

but I reinstalled 3 times and tried deleting files with quotes

It still won't update.

In settings "fine time scale" and 100000 bars of history - I chose

Files:
1.JPG  65 kb
2.JPG  98 kb
3.JPG  146 kb

alexluek:

Yes, in the picture, and you can choose any server (from the standard ones).

I left the terminal for 3 hours M5, I came back and there was only the price jumping without

I left the terminal at 3 o'clock on M5 and I came back and there was only the price jumping but no bars. I restarted the terminal and there are only bars for these 3 hours.

I installed the terminal today with mt5 ticket 373 (from the forum - "How to update quotes")...

https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/mt5setup.exe

And another thing - maybe it's me glitching, but when you select a new chart,

there is no update and the bars appear after restarting the terminal. Fig. 3

And so the price line runs like this until you restart it. The only bars that appear are the ones

that have appeared since the terminal was launched. Maybe I'm doing something wrong,

but I reinstalled 3 times and tried deleting files with quotes

It still doesn't update.

I've got "exact time scale" and 100000 bars of history in my settings...

I wrote about this floating problem 8 times already... it keeps repeating...

no one wants to solve it... at least no open comments

AlexSTAL:

I've written about this floating problem eight times already... it keeps repeating...

no one wants to solve it... at least there is no public comment

I don't get frustrated, but the programmers must get bored

to read about bugs that they didn't consider or check.

Anyway, when the guys figure it out, they will let us know. Good luck...

Guys, let's live together! I downloaded the

I downloaded the mt5 installer and everything updates perfectly!

I guess it's the server.

Here's the installer from alpari:

Files:
mt5setup.rar  265 kb

Valmars,Interesting,AlexSTAL

Surprised by your remarks. In my post of 2010.12.28 03:06 I described in much detail the logic of my previous work with the second version of the function, the logic of how an erroneous version occurred to me, I figured out the reason for this erroneous version and suggested to developers how to fix the cause of its occurrence. In other words, the problem was actually solved and explained to them, including for me.

In point 4, I stated a very specific conclusion and asked a very specific question: "Right?". However, none of you directly answered that question. At the same time I did not ask questions such as "why did this happen?" (because I myself, with the help of an example from uncleVic, have found answers to them).

I can assume that from a professional point of view the problem is not worth a bollocks. But do not forget that the language is being started and will be used by newbies, who are far from professional programming, and who are not familiar with the subtleties of default values, functions overloading, compiler problems, the mandatory indication of the four parameters in certain cases, etc. Newbies (myself included) work with the help text, which is available, and try not to speculate what they do not know. For example, if all your lines were reflected in the Reference, neitherLizar nor I would have had a problem in the first place.

If you felt the need to comment on an issue that's already been resolved, it's not clear to me whether you support or oppose my suggestion in paragraph 5. That was basically the bottom line of my message. I only agreed with the inaccurate wording.

Thank you for broadening the mind.

Reason: