MQL code authorship protection in MT5. - page 12

hrenfx:

As someone who has practiced trading on Currenex (> 20 LPs (liquidity providers). Not MT or Viking, of course), I know what I'm talking about.

Then why are you glossing over the critical conditions that make the above strategy completely impossible? But at the same time unreasonably claiming that the tester is lying and a reputational threat?

I don't think you have actually tested this strategy in either Currenex or MetaTrader. Forex arbitrage is like a sex topic for schoolchildren, everyone talks about it, dreams about it, but few (or no one) has tried it.

I am aware of the peculiarities of High-Frequency Trading. I was talking about the mechanism of executing requests in the market.

These "peculiarities" do not give a single chance to work out the said strategy in the plus. Don't pretend that this is a minor problem and that "being in the know" is enough to solve it.

If an attempt is made to simultaneously execute 2-3 or 4 pending orders for different symbols in a tumbler, the execution mechanism in the tumbler will show such a fairy tale time gap that the trader will really have a heart attack. One order is executed, another is cancelled or partially filled, and the third order has not even reached the execution stage yet. It would be enough to run into execution failure once in a batch of linked orders to forget about such an arbitrage trading strategy forever.

The history of deals is available (but not for the current day. There are also independent visualizers of performed deals). There is no need to imply that the exchange falsifies such results for the purpose of self-popularization.

Yes, it turns out that the previous days show very peculiar kind of reports. But that is not at all excellent.
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров - Документация по MQL5

Renat:

There is no need to provide the source code, the programs in the shop are provided in compiled EX5 form.

You don't need the source code for stress tests.

I don't want to be known as the world's first virus writer for MT, but if you can't see the source code, how can you guarantee

...no fraudulent activity.

hrenfx:

Let's break it down. If I present an arbitrage advisor as a grail in the tester, who gets what benefit?

Let's reason like businessmen, not garden boys.

You will benefit (in real, monetary terms) as a counter-example to your work will be presented. And you will think about how to improve the tester. As the adequacy of the tester is your reputation and money.

What do I get? Of course, the garden boy will get a satisfied ego, some will even praise. But I haven't needed that for a long time, and neither have you.

You will get the main thing - a public confirmation of your words.

In the meantime, I pointed out that the implementation of the above expert will drain on the existing version of the tester.

We can make a deal, I present you with a counter-example and you pay me $5000 (and needless to say, that's a lot, as I represent Metaquotes turnover...). This is a mutually beneficial offer, as both you and I will benefit from it. If I don't present a counter-example, no one loses anything.

And don't get the idea that I'm taking "the easy way out". It would be disrespectful to my family to work for free.

It would be great if on future occasions you would write down "I cannot provide proof so as not to offend my Family" when you make strong claims.

ps: with me more than a dozen times technical showdown ended with exactly one option - the opponent did not want to prove anything.

IgorM:

I don't want to sound like the world's first virus writer for MT, but if you can't see the source code, how can you guarantee

Guarantee:

1. the acceptance of EX5 programs (fully managed code) without the possibility of using a DLL - no viruses will be written
  2. publishing the results of a series of stress tests - specially written versions of the tester to look for tampering with the results
  3. public buyer ratings for each programme

Renat:

Safeguards:

1. accepting EX5 programmes (fully managed code) without the possibility of using DLLs - no viruses will be written
  2. publishing the results of a number of stress tests - specially written versions of the tester to look for falsified results
  3. public buyer scores for each program

1. about the dll - definitely yes, but you can store a small fragment of loader in EX5 data (the format of mql5 types is well described and it is not hard to dump a couple of kilobytes to disk in hex-format), and to prohibit call of the dll could only be a user, and you do not know what the user has with the default settings, and organize the launch of the loader spy - this can be done with a dll from windows

3. I agree - this is basic.

SZZ: the only thing you can guarantee in such a scheme - is measures to punish sellers who have a log entry on the error of connecting the dll - if I'm not mistaken, the precompiler directive #import cannot be hidden from the log

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о запущенной MQL5-программе
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о запущенной MQL5-программе
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о запущенной MQL5-программе - Документация по MQL5

Renat:

Then why are you glossing over the critical conditions that make the strategy you mentioned above absolutely impossible? But at the same time unreasonably claiming that the tester is lying and threatening your reputation?

I don't think you have actually tested this strategy in either Currenex or MetaTrader. Forex arbitrage is like a sex topic for schoolchildren, everyone talks about it, dreams about it, but few (or no one) have tried it.

Do you have some kind of problem? I told you that arbitrage Expert Advisors are nothing. But on your tester they will be, like grails.

The mechanism of execution in the DOM when you try to simultaneously execute 2-3-4 pending orders on different symbols, the execution time gap will be so fantastic that a trader will really have a heart attack. One order is executed, another is cancelled or partially filled, and the third order has not even reached the execution stage yet. It would be enough to encounter execution gaps in a linked batch of orders once to forget about such an arbitrage trading strategy forever.

Once again, arbitrage strategy in FOREX within a single platform is unrealistic. It is very difficult to arbitrage between several ECN venues during news releases. And this applies to the best implementations of High-Frequency Trading.

Yes, it turned out that the previous days show very peculiar reports. But that is not at all a great thing.

I, like you, do not care about their reports. And such excellent results of leaders are due to statistical arbitrage. That's what I was talking about. Not the competition.

And let's not confuse pure arbitrage (real money in the contest, graals in the tester) and statistical arbitrage (which brings in real money).

Renat:

You will get the main thing - a public affirmation of your words.

Maybe in your mind, a public affirmation of your words is the main thing. I have different values. I will not give you a free tester's grail, the receipt of which is beneficial to you.

It will be wonderful if in the future, when you put strong statements you will make a postscript "I can not provide evidence, so as not to offend my family".

So you refuse my absolutely mutually beneficial offer: I give you a tester's grail, you give me $5000?

You can put a bid in JOB for such an EA. I think there will be plenty of people willing to write a grail for $1000 for a tester. All the more, everything has already been said to make it.

IgorM:

1. about the dll - definitely yes, but you can store a small fragment of loader in EX5 data (the format of mql5 types is extensively described and it should not be hard to dump a couple of kilobytes to disk in hex-format), and to prohibit call of dll is possible only for user, and you do not know what the default settings of the user, but to start boot loader for spy - it can be done with the help of dll from windows

You can not write any malicious code loader in EX5 because the language is specially designed to be protected. The only way to make a good mess is if the user enabled the DLL.

But we won't accept any files in the shop that contain DLL calls - this is very easy to check.

hrenfx:

Maybe in your mind, a public affirmation of your words is the most important thing. I have other values. I will not give you a free tester grail, the receipt of which is beneficial to you.

On the third page of this discussion, I no longer expect you to want to prove your words.

And if I hadn't come forward and defended the tester's defensiveness, you would still be walking around repeating your delusions to the rest of us.

Renat:

On the third page of this discussion, I no longer expect you to want to prove your point.

And if I hadn't come forward and defended the tester's defensiveness, you would still be going around repeating your delusions to the rest of us.

Renat, aren't you confusing something? I have nothing to prove to you. You do not need to prove anything to me either. Who you are to me is nobody. Who I am to you is also nobody.

I'm not going to play a kindergarten game to please my ego. I warned you as a human being. If you don't believe me, it's your right.

And it is not the right age to muzzle your mouth to prove that I am right. I made you a mutually beneficial offer. If you don't like it, be my guest.

You can mock me here, saying what an idiot I am, and what a great tester you have that excludes tester grails. But that won't change anything.

My offer still stands. You accept the terms - I'll show you the tester grail within a week. No, you don't. You have nothing to fear, you're 100% right. And you can bet on it.

Reason: