MQL code authorship protection in MT5. - page 8

Renat:

Everything has already been thought out. If you want to know how it will work, use an iPhone/iPad, buying software for it from the AppStore.

this is what's so scary - as usual everything is already thought outfor us. i'm sorry, but every chance i get, i will kick your ass about your "convenient" way of formatting the styler. by the way - i have not found its promised settings yet ;)

Did I suggest that you scrap your E-shop mechanism? No, I suggested that we discuss what has not been discussed yet - the mechanism of providing a trial period!!! Is the ability to encrypt the data files for the EAs contrary to your strategy for creating a shop? the proposal came out of nowhere - I do exactly what you make me happy. this is my PRACTICAL experience selling developments for your platform, but you see only "iPads shining in their eyes" :)))

given the right to up to 3 re-activations when you change hardware - that's reasonable enough and fair enough.

Did you know that WebMoney purse is also tied to the hardware? and as soon as i connect an external usb drive and run keeper - starts the "work on inactivated hardware" bullshit. there are different sensibilities, and it depends on who and how makes sense ;)
Вот это стиль! :) - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Вот это стиль! :) - MQL4 форум

ForexTools:

did i suggest to throw out your e-shop mechanism? no, i suggested to discuss what hasn't been discussed yet the mechanism of providing a trial period!!! what, the possibility of encrypting data files for EAs contradicts your strategy of creating a shop? the suggestion came up not out of nothing - i do exactly what you make me happy. this is my PRACTICAL experience selling developments for your platform, but you see only "iPads shining in your eyes" :)))

I do not know why so much debate with the developers, we were offered to create a shop - well, good, both the buyer and the seller does not need a third-party site

If you want to sell trial or demo version through the shop because you think that the protection is weak, then sell the trial (demo) and a separate contract with the buyer, give him a fully functional version, source code, etc.

A lot of noise from the programmers - for a complete set of missing those on the other side of the barricades - the buyers, it would be more fun to discuss ;)

Might as well, the buyers can start making noise - like, why have I bought the program for money, but I can not share this program with my relatives, etc.

SZS: I would like to have links in the shop to discuss the program, but not as banal as a simple forum with free communication, and with IP registration and partial display of IP of the reviewer, and mail would not hurt, so that no one could write all sorts of nonsense

Renat:

If we are talking about key protection, the whole internet will be flooded with these very keys. In other words, instead of protection, it will be a sham, and with a complex implementation that forces the buyer to manage the keys.

It's up to you how you implement it...

The best way is to look at how Apple's AppStore/iTunes sales scheme works. The customer just clicks in and purchases the software, without the hassle of having to transfer anything or use the keys. The buyer simply needs to have an account at MQL5.com, where the purchase history is saved and you can reactivate previously purchased programs.

We are talking a little differently here, not from the side of imaginary "convenience" of the buyer.

Source code of programs, I understand you do not need to send. it will be enough to unlock eh5 and prohibit, as I understand it, under the guise of protection from "malicious" code, from DLL. What is not clear is how the binding to the hardware will be done in one go? Or will all the spy information already be extracted by the terminal and through it the work with the shop is visible?

When you purchase a program, you get a specially compiled/protected copy, which is much better than the keys for the merchant. The whole process of personal protection will take place automatically during the purchase.

This is what is proposed - it is the recompiled/reprotected copy that is generated from the data in the vendor's and buyer's certificates. The buyer's certificate is linked to the account. And that makes sense.

Our goal is to simplify the buying/selling process as much as possible.

10% is also money.

;)

IgorM:

i don't know why there are so many arguments with the developers

read carefully what I suggested - the possibility of having data encryption so that the encryption key is the account number. this is a solution to some problems that their shop does NOT solve ;)

once again, i propose an ADDITION to the functionality of the platform, but it somehow seems to be a criticism or argument with the developer.

ForexTools:

read carefully what I suggested - the possibility of having data encryption so that the encryption key is the account number. this is a solution to some of the problems that their shop does NOT solve ;)

once again, i suggest that the platform's functionality should be improved, but for some reason i see it as a criticism of the developers.

This binding to the account is what was suggested from the very beginning. Just the disappearance of certificates (as always for convenience) - has deprived many of the opportunity to understand WHY it is NECESSARILY tied to the broker and the account. I.e. you are selling the software to an identified individual, not to Inet as now...

ForexTools:

read carefully what I suggested - the possibility of having data encryption so that the encryption key is the account number. this is a solution to some problems that their shop does NOT solve ;)

Once again, I propose to ADD functionality to the platform, but for some reason I see it as a criticism or argument with the developer.

i read this thread carefully, i have an interest in security software

You see, the protection of software products - it's a sore point for many years, you, for example, insist on encryption and binding to the account number, I would use self-written packer (packer) and it would change the links to the program structure - i.e. I need in this thread to bang on the table and demand the format .ex5 to implement a fully functional protection

I am writing this to the fact that rarely software developers together with the protection of their software - usually others do it, if the metaquotes do not restrict the use of .dll, the implementation of complex security algorithms will be available to any programmer - if you consider it necessary to make a trial - please, sell the trial through the shop and then protect your library, in mql5 there is no problem with porting most of the code in a dll - minimum effort and it is perfectly imported into ex5

the more open the platform is, the easier it is to use for hackers

What are we arguing about?! Would it be bad for developers (for them and for us) if the platform could encrypt data, ideally with two different implementations

1) encryption by account number of the Expert Advisor

2) encryption by arbitrary paraphrase.

?!

HOW should it be used (to protect code, data or anything else) is a matter of ten.

are these functions useful? implementable? does it make sense to add this to the platform? the questions are mostly rhetorical, because the answer is quite obvious - the four yes's

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете - Документация по MQL5

Interesting:

Unfortunately it doesn't make life any harder for some freeloaders (people in the know). Binding to an account is not the solution to all problems either, any competently made "deal copyer" will transfer all data to any other account (especially if the data is copied from MT5 to MT5).

In my opinion not only experts but also scripts, indicators, libraries and other code should be protected. In my opinion, this is a more interesting and important theme.

Why is it more important?

As we know, all tools that can be implemented using MQL are divided into: automated systems, semi-automated systems, and tools for manual trading.

There is also a division in systems: "black boxes", "gray boxes" and "white" systems (systems with open source and explicitly described logic).

So, almost all MTS presented in the commercial sector will be black or grey boxes. Their specific weight will not be so large (I think it will not exceed 30-40%). At the same time such solutions will be rather inflexible (because they implement essentially only one strategy).

Separate scripts, libraries and indicators are another matter. These software solutions will be available in all areas of manual and mechanical trading. At the same time, they will be able to be used as basic constructor elements.

PS

Here in my opinion it is necessary to maximize the protection, and so as not to infringe on the rights of developers and users. The only optimal way of protection in this case, as I understand it, there is only one - Binding to the hardware.

Copycat? Well, that won't save you at all.

For example, the client buys the software!

just give the password and the work on the account is copied to another machine without any problems...

You will not be saved even if the protection is super-duper!

( if the account owner wants the account copied, it will be copied )

--

so this is not an argument for tying it to the hardware.

Binding to hardware is a good way to go if you want to sell one copy!

the trader will have to buy 5 copies if he wants to work in 5 places.

at home - work - mobile - relatives - somewhere else

This is not humane. Secondly, no one in their right mind and mind would buy 5 copies.

--

But if you link it to an account number or a family name - he has no such problems!

Your product will be gladly accepted rather than bound to the hardware

ForexTools:

What are we arguing about?! Would it be bad for developers (for them and for us) if the platform could encrypt data, ideally with two different implementations

1) encryption by account number of the Expert Advisor

2) encryption by arbitrary paraphrase.

?!

HOW should it be used (to protect code, data or anything else) is a matter of ten.

Are these functions useful? Are they implemented? Does it make sense to add them to the platform? These questions are mostly rhetorical, because the answer is quite obvious - the answer is four "YES".

well, if you just need a symmetric encryption function in mql5 - that's one thing, but access to confidential data from mql5 is another thing, because the problems with accounts are handled by DTs, not meta-quotes, if there is a loophole in the side of stealing logins and passwords in MT5 - that will kill MT5 at the root

Mischek:
And who will do the linkage at the time of sale to the account ?

Does it really raise a question? The one who sells, of course, will bind

it takes me from 1 to 5 minutes ...

after receiving data automatically do the generation of the release,

everything is solved up to and including automatic distribution of release changes

or maybe you are thinking further, you sleep and the software is bought from an automated system on the web ? :-)

well, with a little oversight, you can do that too! right on the www.

1-Binding to the same WM payment services

after the payment n 2 3 4

2 - The customer enters his personal data for personalisation, in special fields

3-generation release

4-mailing the release

this also can be solved all ! I do not see any problems

Reason: