MQL code authorship protection in MT5. - page 14

Scriptong:
What if the DLL module is signed by one of the well-known companies (certification centres)? In this case, will you consider putting a product with a DLL on the shop?

No.

By the way, the shop is already breathing. We'll open it in beta mode in a little while.

Renat:

By the way, the shop is already breathing. We'll open it in beta mode in a little while.

Looking forward to it :)

papaklass:

In my opinion, it would be useful if when placing EAs for sale, this MetaQuotes EA would be run on a demo account. And at the end of each week (while the EA is still for sale) we would give brief information about EA trading. For example, the Expert Advisor made 8 trades during a week (5 profitable 3 losing trades) and earned 135 points (in 4-digit quotes). The accumulation of such information and customer feedback will affect the number of sales. Meta Quotes in this situation will guarantee that the Expert Advisor works independently, without the intervention of the author. I think it's not a bad idea.

A tester test (under certain conditions, of course) is quite sufficient.

papaklass:

In my opinion, it would be useful if when placing EAs for sale, this MetaQuotes EA would be run on a demo account. And at the end of each week (while the EA is still for sale) we would give brief information about EA trading. For example, the Expert Advisor made 8 trades during a week (5 profitable 3 losing trades) and earned 135 points (in 4-digit quotes). The accumulation of such information and customer feedback will affect the number of sales. Meta Quotes in this situation will guarantee that the Expert Advisor works independently, without the intervention of the author. I think it's not a bad idea.

The idea is not just not bad, it's brilliant. They should also optimize them, put them on the real market and give guarantees. Although no. Let them put a sign that says "Buy this one, we give a tooth".

papaklass:
Not really. Look at ChampionShio2010 totals or other championships totals. Provided that only profitable EAs are allowed to participate in the Championship, most of them are in deficit during testing period . So I think that running EAs on demo is not unnecessary.
No need to confuse EAs which are written for the championships and all that will be for the shop (especially since goods can be used in real accounts).
Mischek:
This idea is not only good, it is a great one. They should also optimize them, put them on the real market and give guarantees. But no. Let them put a badge "Buy this one, we give a tooth".
:)
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете - Документация по MQL5

papaklass:

In my opinion, it would not be out of place...

1. I agree that for many potential buyers (and maybe most), live trading results will be preferable to tester results.

2. The implementation of the proposed idea will be limited by the symbols (tools) available from MQ and the purpose of the EA itself. Semi-automatic EAs, as well as Expert Advisors that do not trade on their own, will be left out of the equation.

3. The question will arise as to whether the vendor rents the MQ's facilities: reimbursable or non-reimbursable?

4. In my opinion, there is an alternative way to achieve the same goal, not involving MQ capacity. The vendor can enter lines in their EA code that print the editor build and platform number at each initialization, and then run their program wherever they like. When selling the program, the emphasis would be on the invariability of the editor's build number, which would indicate that no changes were made to the program's code. It will also be possible to accentuate the buyers on the absence of changes in the input parameters, which is also easily verified by printouts. Mandatory recompilations do not count, as they are common knowledge and acceptable.

...And if it is possible to print the date of the last compilation, that would be wonderful.

5. I don't quite understand the reason of posting this idea in the branch devoted to code authorship protection. At first glance, the idea looks like a suggestion - a suggestion for shop functionality. Or am I missing some detail?

papaklass:

Yes, exactly, my post refers to the operation of the shop. Renat said in this thread that the shop is breathing, so I made a suggestion. There shouldn't be any rent, as the MetaQuotes take 10% off the sale.

Understood, question removed.

About the 10% on sales - that's the amount they charge for the 'shop' service itself. Whether the price of the "shop" service will include the price of the "demo account" service is the question (just a side note, not for argument's sake).

Yedelkin:

1. I agree that for many potential buyers (and maybe most), live trading results will be preferable to tester results.

2. The implementation of the proposed idea will be limited by the symbols (tools) available from the MQ and the purpose of the EA itself. Semi-automatic experts, as well as "hinting" experts who do not trade on their own, will be left out.

:)

1. Concerning testing on real quotes

Do not confuse the check for compliance with certain rules and the search for the CRAAL (the developers have nothing better to do than to issue statements "This is the CRAAL!)

Let's imagine a simple situation. You send an Expert Advisor that trades on EURUSD according to certain rules, while the current market situation is most favourable to the Expert Advisor.

Who will guarantee that the Expert Advisor, which has traded on the Demo (MQ server), will not fail the first week on the Alpari server? Who will guarantee that the expert excellently performed on the demo server will not lose his deposit in a week?

I am also a total load of crap (excuse me to papaklass), I will explain why:

1. to use the strategy (expert) will be in accounts of different brokers. Probably even on demo accounts. That clearly does not guarantee the same work of the Expert Advisor;

2. The size of the deposit is likely to be very different, and perhaps lavage will also be different;

3. The level of risk and MM for traders will be different;

4. TF (working period) may be different;

5. The set of symbols may be different (especially for experts trading on one symbol);

6. Nobody prohibits to optimize the strategy on weekends. Therefore, trading at different parameters is possible.

How can we talk about independent operation of the Expert Advisor?

I have also not seen restrictions on cooperation between EAs and traders (for example, a simple situation where the trader opens a position, and the Expert Advisor accompanies it). Maybe someone has seen something else?

7. In addition to Expert Advisors, the following scripts, indicators, libraries and other independent resources are likely to be sold. What shall we do with them?

2) We need different types of experts, and different products are important.

I didn't expect that from you :(.

Does this mean that indicators, scripts and libraries are taken away too? All together are looking for the holy grail and have fun earning a billion bucks each... :)

Also not clear why these expert advisers/experts "hints " can not (by your definition) haggle in a shop? or there is no demand for them nowadays?

PS

Maybe I'm blind, but I personally have not seen so far a tick that allows the trader to work as an Expert Advisor (I mean the confirmation of trade operations).

About server rent in general (no words in short)...

I don't believe in grails. And I don't think any of the forum visitors who have been on the topic for at least a year believe in them.

Any EA has to be adjusted and optimized. And if it is so, then the most part of developments, which will be presented in the shop (imho) will be libraries, indicators, scripts, informative EAs, as well as semi-automatic EAs.

All this wealth is created to either help traders to find their strategies, or automate some fairly simple and straightforward operations.

For those traders who do not want to earn on their miracle of intellectual thought (Expert Advisor - semi-automatic), but decided to sell it for pennies, no one prohibits to lay out the investment password from their demo, which has this grail (after all, advertising is the engine of trade, and since the lion's share of advertising costs is borne by MQ, then it would be a good idea to do it yourself).

Anticipating the question how come you know that the prices will be a penny: confidence from the knowledge that all that is given free of charge is not valued. As long as sellers are required to write or buy a website (for successful sales) to maintain it, spend money on advertising, no one will not be evaluated cheap. But as soon as there is a site where all this is already done for him (there is a team to maintain the site, the name of MQ attracts buyers to this site, etc.) from the seller only requires something to write and put up for sale, then under all of the above conditions, the seller thinks differently.

Seller thinks something like this: I spent 2 weeks and wrote a cool code, if I put it for $ 1, then after 1000 downloads I will have $ 1000. Isn't it good? But there will be only the same number of really successful developers as 5% of successful traders. All the rest will only form the general price background.

Therefore, gentlemen grail-writers, do not even hope that you will be able to raise the degex, the shop will also have customer feedback (and at the first bad review your grail automatically flies away).

Urain:

Anticipating the question as to how you can be sure that prices will be penny: certainty comes from the knowledge that everything that is given for free is not valued.

The seller thinks like this: I spent 2 weeks and wrote a cool code, if I sell it for $1, I will earn $1,000 after 1000 downloads. Isn't it good? But the only problem is that there will be the same number of really successful developers as 5% of successful traders. All the rest will only form the general price background.

So gentlemen grail-writers, do not even hope that you will be able to raise the degex, the shop will also have customer feedback (and at the first bad review your grail automatically flies away).

In my opinion, in terms of prices, the situation is roughly as follows:

1. For good enough solutions (if we're talking about experts) prices will be on average equal to what we see in the service "work" (say $30-100);

2. For unique solutions in expert class the prices will range from 100 to 500 Baht (possibly 1000$, but it will be a rare exception);

3. For indicators, libraries, scripts and other "components", everything really will depend on the popularity of the solution and financial appetites of developers.

Definitely determine the price in this group of products will not take, but I'm sure that the spread will be quite large.

PS

Also, an important role will be played by professionalism / rating of programmers who put their work in the shop.

Reason: