Discussion of article "How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting" - page 3

Thanks for the link, now after a few days the server stops. I rent it for 3 month and I cant start them. The synchronise was accepted but the sever is stopped.

Where can I get the service for problems?

vivatrader:

Thanks for the link, now after a few days the server stops. I rent it for 3 month and I cant start them. The synchronise was accepted but the sever is stopped.

Where can I get the service for problems?

Write to ServiceDesk.

Greetings

since i am subscribed to two signals, i need to open two MT4 instances. can i run multiple instances of MT4 on the same virtual terminal/host? or will i need to pay for two subscriptions?

thank you

systems:

since i am subscribed to two signals, i need to open two MT4 instances. can i run multiple instances of MT4 on the same virtual terminal/host? or will i need to pay for two subscriptions?

Virtual server support only terminal. So you need as many hostings as many signals you want to copy.

Dr.Trader:

Looks amazing, can't wait same thing for MT5. 10$/month is great deal.

Just don't quite get about EA parameter change - I cannot change them directly on virtual host, and must again launch my terminal on local pc, update parameters, and synchronize?

Yes, you need to update your active environment on your client terminal (inputs for EAs and indicators, open charts and symbols in Market Watch, parameters of signal copying, terminal settings, etc) and then to synchronize it with virtual one.

Sounds enticing, but I don't like the latency... (my current VPS provider: "2014.11.08 07:11:03.754 '313166': ping to current access point Main is 0.57 ms")

Also, virtual hosting seems too intangible - almost "non-existent" or imaginary! "Somewhere out there in cyberspace..."

latency 

SO, for each terminal with different EA we have to purchase different Virtual Terminal? It appears to be very expensive solution. 

In the case of VPS service one can get VPS for less than $15 per month and can host more at least 3 terminals.

I think MetaQuote should consider optimizing cost of this virtual terminal and provide service which will be affordable to all users.

It doesn't seem to put publishing the results to myfxboo.com. It keeps saying invalid account (it can't authenticate to myfxbook.com) 

Am I missing something or is my assumption correct that it doesn't allow you to publish your trades via ftp.

Thanks 

Trying it out now. I paid for 2 accounts. Normally my ea do open trades and create buy stop or sell stop other. What I have notice is it doesn't create it. I am not sure that autotrade enabled is ok. Please correct me if I'm wrong. After setting up the virtual server,  I shut down my system and watch my phone every 20 mins to see if auto trading will work. Waiting for reply. Thanks in advance

Hello!

I just synchronized my account, and for my surprise, the Metatrader 4 VPS is picking the wrong access point! It should pick the London access point from my broker, just like my terminal did, which has less than 2ms ping.

But instead it is picking Europe access point, which is 63ms ping! It is stated in the Metatrader 4 VPS journal.

I stopped, synchronized again, cancelled the VPS, subscribed again, restarted, but it is still picking the worst access point, as written in its journal.

I double checked during the subscription process, and there it points only 2ms from my terminal current access point, but after initializing the VPS, it decides to pick another access point somehow...

How can I make this Metatrader 4 VPS pick the correct and lowest ping access point, just like my terminal?

Reason: