Off-topic posts - page 60

Discussion about brokers is not allowed in the forum.

Eleni Anna Branou #:
Discussion about brokers is not allowed in the forum.
Okay please delete all comments then 

Hello,

An agent called me to tell me about the merits of the application. $100.00 paid into the account and nothing. No new phone message, no email or SMS. I have a hundred bucks lying around in MQL5 and I can't do anything with it. Why phone people who want to start trading if it's to leave them to their fate. A whole service. I will never give your name as a reference.

Write in English in this part of the forum please.

Corbeiled #:
Hello,

An agent called me to tell me about the merits of the application. $100.00 paid into the account and nothing. No new phone message, no email or SMS. I have a hundred bucks lying around in MQL5 and I can't do anything with it. Why phone people who want to start trading if it's to leave them to their fate. A whole service. I will never give your name as a reference.
Metatrader is different from your broker, Why would an agent convince you to pay in money? Research your broker. Brokers normally never contact you first.

// A short example

double Price =  ChartGetDouble(0, CHART_PRICE_MAX, 0); 

Print (Price); // 0.86760000000000004 (Using EurGbp)

Price = NormalizeDouble(Price, _Digits);

// Or even using an "int" 5

// NormalizeDouble (Price, 5);

Print (Price);  // 0.86760000000000004 (the value remains unchanged

The NormalizeDouble() function is not working, don't know if the current build or not. I have used it in a lot of programs, so am not new to it. I tested it in both MQL4 and MQL5 both returning the same number. A previous compiled .ex4 and .ex5 are working well, but compiling with the current MetaEditors I facing the above.

Thanks

Thank-god Avwerosuoghene Odukudu #:

The NormalizeDouble() function is not working, don't know if the current build or not. I have used it in a lot of programs, so am not new to it. I tested it in both MQL4 and MQL5 both returning the same number. A previous compiled .ex4 and .ex5 are working well, but compiling with the current MetaEditors I facing the above.

Thanks

Sorry, but your expectation of NormalizeDoulbe is wrong.
It changes a number only to the exponential value closest to the target value (x = a*e^b), but not exactly to the target value if it cannot be represented by the mentioned formula.
To achieve this visually you have to use DoubleToString(), because this turns the internal representation a*e^b into a string of digits and a decimal point - but then you can't calculate with it any more.

sorry! how do I set up my Heiken Ashi on app?

Carl Schreiber #:
Sorry, but your expectation of NormalizeDoulbe is wrong.
It changes a number only to the exponential value closest to the target value (x = a*e^b), but not exactly to the target value if it cannot be represented by the mentioned formula.
To achieve this visually you have to use DoubleToString(), because this turns the internal representation a*e^b into a string of digits and a decimal point - but then you can't calculate with it any more.
I checked the reference again just to be sure, from what is written there, it is for rounding a number after the decimal point, and that was my expectation.
Thanks, saw the note section under.

Please I need help ,I made a deposit  $10 in  mql5 account I need to someone who can reverse it back to MT5 account,,,?
Reason: