Fake reviews in the market MQL5

I noticed a lot of EA products in the market which are listed in the front page , all have exactly the same thing in common : Fake reviews

After investigation , those developers are telling people that in exchange for a positive review they will get a free EA or free indicator. So suddenly a product that is actually bad or mediocre has a large amount of positive fake reviews. Another scenario group of people working together just leave positive reviews on the product.

Fake reviews are a HUGE problem for this platform , Consumers tend to trust the voice of the masses. That’s why some people overlook a few bad reviews (even recent ones) when the majority are overwhelmingly positive, and vice versa and it has a huge impact on purchase decisions.

Why does mql5 not employ a stronger kind of mechanism for catching these fake reviews? More than 50% of the product sold on this site contains several fake reviews. How about a clean up?

That's a good question. It was reported to Metaquotes, several times. Still waiting an answer.

Don Calito:

I noticed a lot of EA products in the market which are listed in the front page , all have exactly the same thing in common : Fake reviews

After investigation , those developers are telling people that in exchange for a positive review they will get a free EA or free indicator. So suddenly a product that is actually bad or mediocre has a large amount of positive fake reviews. Another scenario group of people working together just leave positive reviews on the product.

Fake reviews are a HUGE problem for this platform , Consumers tend to trust the voice of the masses. That’s why some people overlook a few bad reviews (even recent ones) when the majority are overwhelmingly positive, and vice versa and it has a huge impact on purchase decisions.

Why does mql5 not employ a stronger kind of mechanism for catching these fake reviews? More than 50% of the product sold on this site contains several fake reviews. How about a clean up?

How do we know which ones are fake?

Paul Anscombe:
How do we know which ones are fake?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Market sales and asking for reviews.

Alain Verleyen, 2020.03.21 19:10

Unfortunately it's a very common practice (and there is even worst I will come back to it). A great part of some of the top sellers reviews are purchased.

To my knowledge there is nothing about that in the rules. But I think it's in the best interested of all honest sellers AND Metaquotes to do something about that.Not sure what, but we could think together and make some proposals.

A user reported me yesterday even worst practice than just giving something in exchange of a review : In summary, he bought a product on mql5.com Market, he was not happy with it, so he asked the seller if he can get a refund. The answer was : "Yes you can get a refund if you provide a 5-stars review to our product". I have the evidence to prove it.

Don Calito:

I totally agree with you.

Lots of fake ea's are selling with this trick.

To avoid from this, i always look for a live track record (live signal) if seller provides.

Fakes has no live signal to show off cource. :)

Sellers starts good amonth of sells with fake reviews, then 1-2 months later removes the ea from market. This is another trick.

I think mql5 should not allow sellers to remove their ea's from market.

Ibrahim Ogretmen:

I totally agree with you.

Lots of fake ea's are selling with this trick.

To avoid from this, i always look for a live track record (live signal) if seller provides.

Fakes has no live signal to show off cource. :)

Sellers starts good amonth of sells with fake reviews, then 1-2 months later removes the ea from market. This is another trick.

I think mql5 should not allow sellers to remove their ea's from market.

Why not? I just think user should see all products a seller put on market( showing how many are active and how removed which date)

Marco Montemari:

Why not? I just think user should see all products a seller put on market( showing how many are active and how removed which date)

That's a good idea. A product which was sold at least once should remain in the Market, if the seller doesn't want to sell it any more, just mark it as not for sale but still visible.

Alain Verleyen:
That's a good idea. A product which was sold at least once should remain in the Market, if the seller doesn't want to sell it any more, just mark it as not for sale but still visible.

And thats a great idea. By this way buyers have a good idea if the seller is trustworthy or not.

I came across some sellers, whom realizes ea's with great backtests supported with fake reviews.

1-2 months later buyers discover ea doesnt work, seller silently removes the ea from market.

By that time these guys makes thousands of dollars from these fakes.

And these guys made this selling type a routine. Every 1-2 month sells, removes, waits 1-2 months, then realizes another one...

If mql5 doesnt allow sellers to remove the eas from market at least buyers could be able to see his past fake performances.

Also fake reviews mostly comes right after the product realizes. Mql5 should allow reviews to be seen 1-2 month later, not right away.

Testing trading strategies on real ticks
Testing trading strategies on real ticks
  • www.mql5.com
The article provides the results of testing a simple trading strategy in three modes: "1 minute OHLC" using only Open, High, Low and Close prices of minute bars; detailed modeling in "Every tick" mode, as well as the most accurate "Every tick based on real ticks" mode applying actual historical data. Comparing the results allows us to assess...

1 transaction = 1 review. about 24% taxed by mq for each transaction. I seriously doubt man! 

Ibrahim Ogretmen:

And thats a great idea. By this way buyers have a good idea if the seller is trustworthy or not.

I came across some sellers, whom realizes ea's with great backtests supported with fake reviews.

1-2 months later buyers discover ea doesnt work, seller silently removes the ea from market.

By that time these guys makes thousands of dollars from these fakes.

And these guys made this selling type a routine. Every 1-2 month sells, removes, waits 1-2 months, then realizes another one...

If mql5 doesnt allow sellers to remove the eas from market at least buyers could be able to see his past fake performances.

Also fake reviews mostly comes right after the product realizes. Mql5 should allow reviews to be seen 1-2 month later, not right away.

I agree that extending the time to 1-3 months from the time of purchase or the first rent, after which buyer can write a review could reduce the amount of false reviews...

Reviews are currently worth nothing. Something must be changed.  

There are two general problems with this: false reviews and trolls.

I suggested some changes in this comment:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/329526#comment_14828494

Are there Market Review Trolls Among Us?
Are there Market Review Trolls Among Us?
  • www.mql5.com
I think a rule needs to be established requiring people who leave reviews on products of less than 3 stars to give a valid reason why they think it...

There is 0 doubt.

We are talking about technically correct review, posted by real buyers BUT which :

1. Are either forced to post a 5 stars review in exchange of a refund. This is a terrible strategy as more they get reviews, more they have sales, and as the product is not good they have more refund requests, which leads to ... more reviews !
2. Or are forced to post a 5 stars review in exchange of an other software.

The proofs are publicly available, you just have to read the reviews posted by some user which didn't accept the racket system. Proportionally there are not much. I can't post the link here as I suppose it will not be accepted. I can send the links to anyone still doubting.

Reason: