Suggestion for reviews and star ratings.

HI Guys,

I suggest that when a review or star rating is given we can then see what other products and ratings have been done by the reviewers. So if you get a good review you can see if the other reviews the person has given are real and what experience they have had. If you get a bad review again you can see if it is the spirit of the person or the product by their other reviews.

It is my opinion that for various reasons people stock up on free products and only look at them when they see other ratings and if they are in competition they can then make a negative rating from a fake profile just in time to keep the good product down. IF we could see for example where https://www.mql5.com/en/users/thorstenkock had made other reviews we could tell if he just goes around making negative ratings or does he really review them and say if there is a good product. This would also make someone an authority . Currently we cannot judge if a review is legit good or bad.

Perhaps this message will be seen by someone who can make a change and expose these reviews for genuine or not .

i have had 1660 downloads of a free EA and only 1 review but at least 50ppl in the chat group. As a developer i take great pride in my work and star ratings mean a lot to me. It seems to me however that once the product starts to become noticed that there is a tendency for negative reviews. Besides that this lowers the chance that people will look at the product , if they do still, the reviews are often well crafted to put people off looking further. Reviews like "works well in backtest but then fails in live environment" will cause no one to want your product even if it is a lie. If you later change from a free product to a paid product the star ratings do not carry over although they still show if you click on the product.

So for me personally i have removed my free products so that i can keep a positive star rating as an author. Also since it started out as a free product im just waiting for the free guys to come an post a bad review. Depending on how i feel i will either deal with it at the time or i will remove the product and start fresh and make sure that if someone wants to bring it down they will have to pay for that right.

What do you think guys is this a good idea to see the other reviews of a person who has posted a review?

You can already see ALL reviews by a user. Simply go to their profile and then click on "All Messages" on the menu on the left.

There you will find all messages by the user, forum posts, product reviews, etc.

For the example you gave, that user has been posting many reviews, almost all of them with a negative comment and rating.

PS! The user you mentioned is currently banned.

Fernando Carreiro #:

You can already see ALL reviews by a user. Simply go to their profile and then click on "All Messages" on the menu on the left.

There you will find all messages by the user, forum posts, product reviews, etc.

For the example you gave, that user has been posting many reviews, almost all of them with a negative comment and rating.

PS! The user you mentioned is currently banned.

Thank You so much Fernando!

Aldo Marco Ronchese #: Thank You so much Fernando!
You are welcome|
Reason: