Experts: EA SmartAssTrade. - page 13

This is a great EA!

And the opttp part of your code is genius! In my testing I manged to increase the gains I was getting by 143%, compared to not using Opttp.

(I was using update2)

Thanks heaps!

This is a great EA!

And the opttp part of your code is genius! In my testing I manged to increase the gains I was getting by 143%, compared to not using Opttp.

(I was using update2)

Thanks heaps!

I recently tried your EA and had a few questions, one sometimes it does the s/l and t/p others it does not.  It also buys multiples of the same pair.  Yesterday I had 4 euro/gbp going at the same time.  Is this normal??

3rjfx:

Hi AlbertoFX,

Thank you for your question.

For EA SmartAssTrade, I trade simultaneously 11 Pairs (GBPUSD, GBPJPY, GBPCHF, EURUSD, EURJPY, EURAUD, USDJPY, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDCHF, USDCAD),

but only 2 times a week I switch to trading.

This EA can trade simultaneously, as the power of your computer's memory.
I 've done tests and use this EA on 42 pairs at once.

I do backtest on TF M15, M30, H1 and H4, and the best results is backtest on TF H4 and M15 .
For EA SmartAssTrade, I do not use the criteria for calculation of signal or trend on the new open bar, but uses minutes.

In the automatic setting profit, EA will calculate the difference between the upper bands and lower bands (Bollinger Bands).
To manually take profit, usually I set take profit of at least 15 points and a maximum of 30 points. (result On ECN is 15 x points x 10 or 30 x points x 10).

In the picture above EA's performance, I use manually take profit and set take profit of at least 15 and a maximum of 30, and trade on TF M15.
In my backtest, better results are automatic take profit settings.

Stoploss is 350 x points, but it is the extern input variable, so it can be ajust by the user.
But on the automatic settings I use Stoploss value of 180 x points +- Highest Price or the Lowest Price of the day.
I use a value of 180, because I saw the average price movement of GBPJPY pairs are between 150 to 200 pips per day.

Thank you for your attention.

Hi 3rjFx

Nice EA and coding ...How come there is no magic numbers and is this a problem  running  many pairs in the one MT4?

BTW has there been there been any updates from the latest  Smartass_ update2?

kinD regards

and many thanks..

Rod

In my editor there are two warnings:

return value of 'OrderModify' should be checked SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4 803 30

return value of 'OrderModify' should be checked SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4 812 30

When I started testing I realized that i didn't have a sl or tp. How can we fix this?

Hallo 3rjfx,

Good work.

I have been running on a demo account with an equity of 14K Euro. These two days my profit 3234.21 eu and unresolved 1705.84 Euro. As profit increasing unresolved amount also increasing. (1) When all will be closed in profit, or should I force to close all unresolved (be happy with the profit)? How do you close all trades? Some trades unresolved, that is in loss?
(2) I am trading fourteen pairs, all sell, those I kept on 'hedge' are buy and sell both. Any explanation from you, please?
(3) Some pairs it opened wrong, when price crossing rsi50+, (also up trend in OsMA and %R) it opened sell. For better result should I help the EA, that is, keep 'Ask manual confirmation' on? Some times it misses 2/3 pips  to close the trade in profit, should I manually close?

Thanks and regards,

Mizan Sharif 

Hallo 3rjfx,

What is the cause that you run only twice a week?

(See my previous comments above).
Following are my observations: 

On third day my loss is nearly equal to profit, may be tomorrow it will go over the profit. Here is my present loss and profit ratio: Loss=2977.84, Profit=3554.75. It opens 4 trades (out of 10) in the wrong direction, on second, third or consecutive days these number increases. Finally your account will be blown out. So it is good to run twice a week and accept the loss (after 24 hours loss and profit ratio is 1:2).

I have few suggestions:

1. With the OsMA use %R/RSI for trade opening.
2. Delete 'hedge' chapter. Then you will be able to accommodate the program in 350 lines.
3. Just keep "Trade open" "SL" "TP", when "TP" is below/above strong support and resistance do not open that trade or shorten the 'TP' or move the "SL" at breakeven or use profit lock system. 

Those change will give you more memory to open more pairs, less opportunity but more accuracy and there will be no more unresolved trades.

Can you give me a copy of this EA with comment?

Thanks and regards,

Mizan Sharif

Hallo Everybody,

No response from the author of this EA. (sorry not good to make such a comment within 2/3 days). Can anybody here find why it can't open any 'buy' trade and fix it? Then it could be the best EA I ever seen. 

Thanks,

Mizan Sharif 

hi

This EA looks only Sell, and there is no stop-loss mechanism.

Reason: