Experts: EA SmartAssTrade. - page 18

Hi,

1. Which pairs are most profitable when using this SmartAssTrade-Update2 ?

2. I noticed you have made SAT3. So, is SAT3 the newest update of SmartAassTrade-Update2 EA? If yes, then, which pairs are most profitable pairs if using SAT3 EA?

3.  If using this SmartAssTrade-Update2 or SAT3 ea on Multi-pairs at the same time on same account, how about Money Management rules or calculation made by the ea? Is it still safe as trading on 1 pair alone?

4. Which time-frame is correct when using SAT3 ? I saw on your website, you said SAT3 must be used on 1h timeframe ONLY.

But when attaching SAT3 on 1h time-frame, I saw a warning saying that SAT3 must be used ONLY on M30 timeframe, and if using on other timeframes, there may be Substantial Loss? SO, I REALLY WONDER WHICH TIMEFRAME IS THE CORRECT TIMEFRAME for SAT3: M30 OR 1H ? Please kindly CONFIRM.

Thanks a lot for sharing this great potential ea.

James Phuc 

Dear 3rjfx,

I would like to know the folllowings, and hope you can explain me:

1. You said that you found it is good, and you often use SAT_UPDATE2 on M15 Timeframe, but I see you always posted your good backtesting results based on H4 Timeframe only. So, what is the reason for this? How about your backtesting results based on M15 timeframe?

2. Can you add "Money Management = %" instead of "Lotsoptimization = true/false" ?

The good reason why MM = % Risk based on real remaining equity is much better and more secure than Lotsoptimization, because in case we use this EA to trade many pairs at the same time, on same account, and in worst cases when there are huge floating losses with many open trades, if the ea wants to open new order for a new pair, it will CALCULATE remaining equity before placing a new trade. So, the % risk based on equity will help the EA to place reason lot size based on remaining amount of money in the EQUITY. This will help protect our live account from being blown out or margin call.

3. Can you try to think out of 1 or 2 more Trend filter to help this EA to STOP PLACING A NEW TRADE during RANGE-BOUND Market conditions? This will make the ea become PERFECT WINNER, I believe.

4. Why does SAT3 have fewer functions than SAT2? According to your practical experience and backtesting results, which version is more RELIABLE, and more POWERFUL, more PROFITABLE ? SAT_UPDATE2 or SAT3 ? Could you please kindly share some backtesting results of SAT3 for us to see about the Profitability, Max drawdown, Relative Drawdown, Winning trade %, Profit factor, etc ? Thanks so much.

4. Are you trying to create a more POWERFUL EA than SAT2 and SAT3 as you said earlier? Please kindly share.

Thanks a lot

James Phuc 

jamesphuc8888:

Dear 3rjfx,

I would like to know the folllowings, and hope you can explain me:

1. You said that you found it is good, and you often use SAT_UPDATE2 on M15 Timeframe, but I see you always posted your good backtesting results based on H4 Timeframe only. So, what is the reason for this? How about your backtesting results based on M15 timeframe?

2. Can you add "Money Management = %" instead of "Lotsoptimization = true/false" ?

The good reason why MM = % Risk based on real remaining equity is much better and more secure than Lotsoptimization, because in case we use this EA to trade many pairs at the same time, on same account, and in worst cases when there are huge floating losses with many open trades, if the ea wants to open new order for a new pair, it will CALCULATE remaining equity before placing a new trade. So, the % risk based on equity will help the EA to place reason lot size based on remaining amount of money in the EQUITY. This will help protect our live account from being blown out or margin call.

3. Can you try to think out of 1 or 2 more Trend filter to help this EA to STOP PLACING A NEW TRADE during RANGE-BOUND Market conditions? This will make the ea become PERFECT WINNER, I believe.

4. Why does SAT3 have fewer functions than SAT2? According to your practical experience and backtesting results, which version is more RELIABLE, and more POWERFUL, more PROFITABLE ? SAT_UPDATE2 or SAT3 ? Could you please kindly share some backtesting results of SAT3 for us to see about the Profitability, Max drawdown, Relative Drawdown, Winning trade %, Profit factor, etc ? Thanks so much.

4. Are you trying to create a more POWERFUL EA than SAT2 and SAT3 as you said earlier? Please kindly share.

Thanks a lot

James Phuc 

Hi James,

SAT2 and SAT3 is my old EA, it may be irrelevant to discuss the old EA.
I've made SmartAssTrade-V2 Forex Expert Advisor - Expert for MetaTrader 4.
You can see it on this link:

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/12007

Regards.

The SmartAssTrade-V2 Forex Expert Advisor
The SmartAssTrade-V2 Forex Expert Advisor
  • votes: 3
  • 3rjfx
  • www.mql5.com
The SmartAssTrade-V2 Forex Expert Advisor is a new update for SmartAssTrade EA Version 1.

MetaQuotes:

EA SmartAssTrade.:

Author: 3rjfx

Dear 3rjfx, thank you for  SmartAss() - function

viktoret:
Dear 3rjfx, thank you for  SmartAss() - function
You're welcome viktoret ^_^ may be useful to you.

Hello, Thanks for sharing the strategy, I'm trying to backtest it in different pairs and time frames but it seems to enter a loop after 22 trades and it stays there allways. With the default parameters. it just never closes the 23rd trade.

psychobear:
Hello, Thanks for sharing the strategy, I'm trying to backtest it in different pairs and time frames but it seems to enter a loop after 22 trades and it stays there allways. With the default parameters. it just never closes the 23rd trade.
Sorry, I don't understand the meaning of your statement.

Hi 3rjfx,

Many thanks for sharing such a great EA here. So far it works fine on EURUSD H1 backtesting data. I will test more soon.

Me too, trying to MAKE(not exactly coding, i just use the web based EA builder) my own EA to automate FX trading, although result is not bad but max winning % is about 70%, with profit factor = 1.40. I am still working hard on understanding the coding....

Please may I ask  you a question?
After I have tested both "SmartAssTrade_update" and "SmartAssTrade_update2", I checked on the RESULTS and noticed the very last trade is always end up in huge negative with TYPE "CLOSE AT STOP". Does that mean it was forced closed due to end of TESTING? Sorry, I really dont get it...

Did I set something wrongly? The only thing I changed was the LOT SIZE = 0.1, everything else as default. 

Update: Sorry, my fault, i just realized there is no SL on all entry and that is why. I am going to try it again with SL, and try to figure out why only SELL is taking place.

Cheers!! 

which link can I download this expert advisor please.

thanks 

George Catalin Tudorie:
Thank you for this EA.
I am using settings tp25 and sl 150.
Tested the 350 sl and found it better to take 2 losses of 150 .
If we hold one pair stuck in one trade for long period we lose more cash by not trading it while one trade is in negative.
Waiting to see version 3 and i do have more sell than buy.
running on 10-12 pairs at the same time and 95% sell

Hi George,

Please may I ask a help from you on the SL setting? I have been trying to set the AutomaticStopLoss = True and Value = 200 PIP but no luck.

Some trades stuck there for long time and caused huge loss and at the same time, not placing a new trade.

Many thanks!

Reason: