Experts: EA SmartAssTrade. - page 7

3rjf4:
jbruneau:

Hello,

i am testing on demo account and so far it looks good !

An imporvement, if I may suggest would be to add a,symbol on the graph when an order is open and another when closed.. this helps in analysisng the order results.

In further version, we might benefit some money management in terms of % invested and % of equity max invested so we remain under confortable grounds despite the EA being applied to several pairs.

Of course these are only suggestions with my limited coding experience.

Thanks for sharing this EA.

Hello jbruneau,

I think your advice was very good. ^_^
Would you explain in more detail about your suggestion?
So I can thinking out how to implement on this EA.

Regards.

Certainly. ( before I go in further, it looks that if the EA gets live during a steady trend, then the results are good ( got one super 24 hours gains), however, shoud the market goes the other way after opening a trade, it does not recognize the "reversal" in the trend and keeps loosing until the stop loss occurs. Perhaps the preset amounts were too high and I did not understood properly the settings, a defenite possibility, I agree)

Lots-Money management

An improvement might be to set lots as a % of equity with a max % of equity invested instead of using fixed lots. Thus when using on several pairs, any lots would be maxed to say 5% of equity for example and the total invested would keep at the fixed max % of the equity ( for example 50% in order to make sure one keeps some equity in the account.

Graphical elements- I meant showing on the graph the actual Buy or Sell opening candle used by the EA up to closing candle ( and possibly a dotted line between the open-close). At the moment the open/close transaction candles used in the EA are difficult to locate.

Hope this helps in improving this already looking good EA.

Jacques

3rjf4:
jbruneau:

Hello,

An imporvement, if I may suggest would be to add a,symbol on the graph when an order is open and another when closed.. this helps in analysisng the order results.

In further version, we might benefit some money management in terms of % invested and % of equity max invested so we remain under confortable grounds despite the EA being applied to several pairs.

Hello jbruneau,

Regards.

Certainly. ( before I go in further, it looks that if the EA gets live during a steady trend, then the results are good ( got one super 24 hours gains), however, shoud the market goes the other way after opening a trade, it does not recognize the "reversal" in the trend and keeps loosing until the stop loss occurs. Perhaps the preset amounts were too high and I did not understood properly the settings, a defenite possibility, I agree)

Lots-Money management

An improvement might be to set lots as a % of equity with a max % of equity invested instead of using fixed lots. Thus when using on several pairs, any lots would be maxed to say 5% of equity for example and the total invested would keep at the fixed max % of the equity ( for example 50% in order to make sure one keeps some equity in the account.

Graphical elements- I meant showing on the graph the actual Buy or Sell opening candle used by the EA up to closing candle ( and possibly a dotted line between the open-close). At the moment the open/close transaction candles used in the EA are difficult to locate.

Jacques

Im new to using EAs so I thought I try this out first, but nothing seems to be working. When I engage the EA, a sad face shows up on the top right of the platform indicating the EA is not working properly. When I compile, i get the following lines 'stderror.mqh' 'stdlib.mqh' and 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s). I really wanna make this work cause it looks promising, but I have no clue where to look to resolve this issue. Please help and thank you!

Im new to using EAs so I thought I try this out first, but nothing seems to be working. When I engage the EA, a sad face shows up on the top right of the platform indicating the EA is not working properly. When I compile, i get the following lines 'stderror.mqh' 'stdlib.mqh' and 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s). I really wanna make this work cause it looks promising, but I have no clue where to look to resolve this issue. Please help and thank you!

jbruneau:
3rjf4:
jbruneau:

Hello,

Hello jbruneau,

Regards.

Lots-Money management

Jacques

Hi Jacques,

Thank you for your excellent suggestion, I will think of it for implement to the EA.

Your analysis is correct, that EA is very depends on the trend, probably because I use Osma and MA function on calculation order.
When the price reversal, EA will be missed, resulting in floating loss and very long to be able to take profit.

I still not satisfied with the performance EA SmarAssTrade, although I have never lost use of the EA.
Right now I'm making a new EA and I'll implement your suggestions, I hope the new EA is better than SmartAssTrade.

Regards.

jbruneau:
3rjf4:
jbruneau:

Hello,

Hello jbruneau,

Regards.

Lots-Money management

Jacques

Hi Jacques,

Thank you for your excellent suggestion, I will think of it for implement to the EA.

Your analysis is correct, that EA is very depends on the trend, probably because I use Osma and MA function on calculation order.
When the price reversal, EA will be missed, resulting in floating loss and very long to be able to take profit.

I still not satisfied with the performance EA SmarAssTrade, although I have never lost use of the EA.
Right now I'm making a new EA and I'll implement your suggestions, I hope the new EA is better than SmartAssTrade.

Regards.

stormtrader:
my friend it doesn't work unfortunately....

Hi stormtrader.

why it does'nt work? what's the problem?

stormtrader:
my friend it doesn't work unfortunately....

Hi stormtrader.

why it does'nt work? what's the problem?

kyuzuryu:

Hi kyuzuryu,

It might be better if you download it again (SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4).
Left click on the file SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4 on Code Base (above), and on the Windows download panel:
click the radio button Open with: MetaEditor (default), then the file SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4 will be opened directly on MetaEditor, and compile it.

Open Folder MT4/MQL4/Experts and Rename SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4 be SmartAssTrade.mq4 and ex4.
and copy 2 files (SmartAssTrade.mq4 and SmartAssTrade.ex4) to the main folder MT4/experts.

Make sure, on the MT4 Menu Tool/Expert Advisor
already check the box Allow live trading.

OR

Remove 2 line scripts: (top script)

//---
#include <stderror.mqh>
#include <stdlib.mqh>
//--- User Input

and find all of cripts like this:

{
Print("Failed to Open New SELL ORDER ",symbol,"! Error code = ",
GetLastError(), ", ",ErrorDescription(error));
ResetLastError();
return(0);
}

and change it with this:

if (error>0)
{
Print("Failed to Open New SELL ORDER ",symbol,"! Error code = ",GetLastError());
ResetLastError();
return(0);
}

and compile it again.

Maybe the problem can be solved.

Regards.

kyuzuryu:

Hi kyuzuryu,

It might be better if you download it again (SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4).
Left click on the file SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4 on Code Base (above), and on the Windows download panel:
click the radio button Open with: MetaEditor (default), then the file SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4 will be opened directly on MetaEditor, and compile it.

Open Folder MT4/MQL4/Experts and Rename SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4 be SmartAssTrade.mq4 and ex4.
and copy 2 files (SmartAssTrade.mq4 and SmartAssTrade.ex4) to the main folder MT4/experts.

Make sure, on the MT4 Menu Tool/Expert Advisor
already check the box Allow live trading.

OR

Remove 2 line scripts: (top script)

//---
#include <stderror.mqh>
#include <stdlib.mqh>
//--- User Input

and find all of cripts like this:

{
Print("Failed to Open New SELL ORDER ",symbol,"! Error code = ",
GetLastError(), ", ",ErrorDescription(error));
ResetLastError();
return(0);
}

and change it with this:

if (error>0)
{
Print("Failed to Open New SELL ORDER ",symbol,"! Error code = ",GetLastError());
ResetLastError();
return(0);
}

and compile it again.

Maybe the problem can be solved.

Regards.

Reason: