Unable to download free MT4 EA's

Greetings,

Will someone please help me with this.  When I go to the Market page and look under Free MT4 EA's, none of them will download for me.  It asks "Do you have MT4/Open MT4?" and I do have MT4 installed already, so I click on that and nothing happens.  I've tried reinstalling the program, restarting computer, making sure MT4 is updated and still no luck.  The EA file also doesn't exist anywhere on my PC after trying the download.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you,
The_Dude

The_Dude:

Greetings,

Will someone please help me with this.  When I go to the Market page and look under Free MT4 EA's, none of them will download for me.  It asks "Do you have MT4/Open MT4?" and I do have MT4 installed already, so I click on that and nothing happens.  I've tried reinstalling the program, restarting computer, making sure MT4 is updated and still no luck.  The EA file also doesn't exist anywhere on my PC after trying the download.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you,
The_Dude

Have you tried downloading the EA using the Market tab within metatrader?

I figured out what the problem was.  When I clicked to download MT4, it just downloaded a different version of MT5 that I never used... but it didn't say anywhere that the program was MT5 (and it looked different) so I thought I was running MT4...  I think there's a problem with the download link for the MT4 program.  I ended up downloading the MT4 Oanda version instead and that's working.

The_Dude:

Greetings,

Thank you,
The_Dude

You can download directly from Metatrader - it is for the signals but I think it works for the Market product as well:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Way to find signal in MT4 platform?

Sergey Golubev, 2017.02.23 12:49

You can use search on the top right corner of any page of the forum for example.

-------------------

As to finding the signal (any signal) by name in the Metatrader so you can use Metatrader's search feature as well, for example:

MT4 - 

MT5 - 

-------------------

Besides, I just collected some information (from MetaQuotes) which may help in some situation for example:

Hi all,

I am unable to download Mt4 programs to my mt4 platform.

Can someone help me out please.

This is what i sent to the help desk

1. After what action did the limitation appear?

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/16342

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/1873

2. Do you have other accounts on MQL5.com website? If yes, specify them.

Hi folks,

Could someone please help me out, it's about the two programs above, one is a free download, the other has been paid for, and still has about three activations left to be used,

When i go to download these, nothing happens, they are not received by my MT4 trading platform, 

I am logged in as well thanks folks.I have all of my segurty turned of so there should not be any problems from this end.

Could I please ask to have this looked into by someone at your end please.

Hers thanking you in advance.

Kind Regards

Brian Moody

Brian DingoMan:

Hi all,

I am unable to download Mt4 programs to my mt4 platform.

Can someone help me out please.

This is what i sent to the help desk

1. After what action did the limitation appear?

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/16342

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/1873

2. Do you have other accounts on MQL5.com website? If yes, specify them.

Hi folks,

Could someone please help me out, it's about the two programs above, one is a free download, the other has been paid for, and still has about three activations left to be used,

When i go to download these, nothing happens, they are not received by my MT4 trading platform, 

I am logged in as well thanks folks.I have all of my segurty turned of so there should not be any problems from this end.

Could I please ask to have this looked into by someone at your end please.

Hers thanking you in advance.

Kind Regards

Brian Moody

Try to restart your MT4/5 terminal and your computer, logout and re-login into your MQL5 community account in MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Community account and check again.

Also make sure you have the latest version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, installed in your computer.

All good thank you,

done all of that many times,

Even uninstalled and reinstalled the mt4 platform as well.

and i use google chrome as my explorer, 

have been for years with no issue until just recently

Brian DingoMan:

All good thank you,

done all of that many times,

Even uninstalled and reinstalled the mt4 platform as well.

and i use google chrome as my explorer, 

have been for years with no issue until just recently

There is one thread where all possible errors/issues with fixing possibilities are described:
product is purchased but not downloaded yet

'all possible found errors/issues with fixing possibilities' are the following:

• Internet Explorer was not installed as the latest version (version 11 for example),
  • old build of Metatrader 4,
  • and more.

read this thread - product is purchased but not downloaded yet where all possible cases were collected with fixing.

• www.mql5.com
the indicator shows in the terminal /market /purchased but next to the install button it says "product is purchased but not downloaded yet...

yes sir that is correct and that is the problem that i need help with please

Brian DingoMan:

yes sir that is correct and that is the problem that i need help with please

Look at my post above.

Because we do not know all technical particularities with your Windows version, Metatrader build, Internet Explorer version, and more.
So, it is better/easy that you check the thread (especially post #9 ) so you will be able to find the reason and the decision by yourself (because no one can go to your computer to check sorry).
  • www.mql5.com
the indicator shows in the terminal /market /purchased but next to the install button it says "product is purchased but not downloaded yet...

Google chrome reinstalled, clean this two three time a week,

still no luck, tried to download as well

MT4 Platform downloaded from Pepperston today.

the above is exactly what my problem is folks.

Does the password to mq5 have to be the same as the mt4 platform ??

• www.mql5.com
Reason: