Any great idea about HEDGING positions welcome here - page 29

Seyedmajid Masharian:
Ok please link me to those Eas and send that video.

The video is here #83

About EAs - please find them by yourself (or I will find ... but it will need half an hour to find all of them ... so it is better for you to find by yourself sorry).

About EAs - look at those threads (especially on "The key thread for now") - there are some good free EAs were promoted (from CodeBase), some of them with the settings and trading results.

============

Something interesting

The beginning

1. Something interesting, old thread
  2. Something interesting please post here II - the thread

After

1. The key thread for now is this one.

I did some calculations yesterday... if the pace stays the same then by January this thread will consist of 3283 posts... how cool!

discussing hedging is good but don't forget that in the retail FX world any hedging will not safe you in cases of rare but extremely dangerous events: flash crashes... 

October 7, 2016. Around midnight in Europe. GBPAUD: open at ~1.6650. Went up a bit to ~1.6665 (notice the three 6s). Then it flash crashed to  ~1.5750. Yes. 900 pips. Then the pair promptly went back to ~1.6350. All of that took around 10 mins.... Ugly. If you were long and thought that your robot would quickly open a short GBPAUD (full hedge for some of you) then you'd be wrong... nothing worked that moment... and the spread went up! yes, 900 eye watering pip spread.... Thousand retail accounts without SLs were wiped out. Those with SLs also lost a lot due to that huge slippage... (those who were short didn't profit much in the end - due to the huge spread). Ugly.

Some retailer brokers were good and compensated their traders, but most - didn't, with even no apology ... They blamed that low liquidity and some trader(s) with "fat fingers"... never caught them  ... and they WILL strike again... :(

James Newman:

I did some calculations yesterday... if the pace stays the same then by January this thread will consist of 3283 pages... how cool!

discussing hedging is good but don't forget that in the retail FX world any hedging will not safe you in cases of rare but extremely dangerous events: flash crashes... 

October 7, 2016. Around midnight in Europe. GBPAUD: open at ~1.6650. Went up a bit to ~1.6665 (notice three 6s). Then it flash crashed to  ~1.5750. Yes. 900 pips. Then the pair promptly went back to ~1.6350. All of that took around 10 mins.... Ugly. If you were long and thought that your robot would quickly open a short GBPAUD (full hedge for some of you) then you'd be wrong... nothing worked that moment... and the spread went up! yes, 900 eye watering pip spread.... Thousand retail accounts without SLs were wiped out. Those with SLs also lost a lot due to huge slippage... (those who were short didn't profit much in the end - due to the huge spread). Ugly.

Some retailer brokers were good and compensated their traders, but most - didn't, with even no apology ... They blamed that low liquidity and some trader(s) with "fat fingers"... never caught them  ... and they WILL strike again... :(

I considered flash crashes gaps and fast market movement in my own strategy. For flash crash ea will stop placing trades if price movement will be more than x pips within 1 minute. And so on...

Sergey Golubev:

The video is here #83

About EAs - please find them by yourself (or I will find ... but it will need half an hour to find all of them ... so it is better for you to find by yourself sorry).

I did search for eas that using martingale + reverse martingale at the same time but nothing found unfortunately.

Seyedmajid Masharian:
I did search for eas that using martingale + reverse martingale at the same time but nothing found unfortunately.

I was talking about martingale only.
I did not see any EA with martingale+anti-martingale in the same time.

You should elaborate that such EA (martingale+anti-martingale in the same time) will be good for the members of the forum ... (as you started this thread so you are the main poster here and main ideas' creator).
If you need it for you personally so it is for Freelance sorry.

no no i want all interested people come here and think maybe we can make an strategy together.

Seyedmajid Masharian:

no no i want all interested people come here and think maybe we can make an strategy together.

That's fine.
So, make waves
:)

Seyedmajid Masharian:

hello dear mql5 members

as you know markets are approximately 30% of the times in trend and 70% of the times in sideways condition.

and also as you know martingale strategy works best in choppy market and fail in trending market because it add to losing trades.

vise versa for anti martingale strategy.

so i think if we can combine these 2 strategies in 1 strategy it will be a complete strategy for all market conditions.

any opinion welcome here.

Let's assume you found out that the market goes long 70% of time and short 30% of time. Now, you say you want to find a strategy that uses both Buy and Sell orders, in order to take advantage of both situations.

DA!!! 

You present a seemingly (An illusion in my opinion) statistical advantage, and then want to dismiss it. The correct questions were how should I treat the 70% of the time trend markets, what does it mean that most of the time the market trending - can it be that a trend exist for 3 years and then side market for 5 years and still it falls into this statisitics? Sure. Can I do something that can resist a wrong direction for 3 years? Probably not, and not worth it. This is because the phrase "70% of time" is too wide to use, as time is ever expanding, ever lasting. If you don't have time frames, well - you end up wanting to use both directions. both go long and short. 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

martingale + anti martingale combination strategy

Seyedmajid Masharian, 2018.09.28 22:11

hello dear mql5 members

as you know markets are approximately 30% of the times in trend and 70% of the times in sideways condition.

and also as you know martingale strategy works best in choppy market and fail in trending market because it add to losing trades.

vise versa for anti martingale strategy.

so i think if we can combine these 2 strategies in 1 strategy it will be a complete strategy for all market conditions.

any opinion welcome here.

Discussion's about martingale + anti martingale combination strategy will be added to this topic.

Reason: