Tester lists two copies of the same indicator

Hello

I know that in order to have my template work with the strategy tester, I need to save a template with the same name as my EA.  Fine.

So when I start a backtest I see my template applied in the tester window. Trouble with that is, in order to satisfy forward testing, I have put my MACD indicator in my template.

As my EA calls iMACD, the tester shows the MACD from my template and also a copy presumably as I've called it from within my EA.

Is there any way to have the tester use the template and not ping up the indicators I've called in my EA? 

Documentation on MQL5: Technical Indicators / iMACD
Documentation on MQL5: Technical Indicators / iMACD
  • www.mql5.com
Technical Indicators / iMACD - Documentation on MQL5

strontiumDog:

Hello

I know that in order to have my template work with the strategy tester, I need to save a template with the same name as my EA.  Fine.

So when I start a backtest I see my template applied in the tester window. Trouble with that is, in order to satisfy forward testing, I have put my MACD indicator in my template.

As my EA calls iMACD, the tester shows the MACD from my template and also a copy presumably as I've called it from within my EA.

Is there any way to have the tester use the template and not ping up the indicators I've called in my EA? 

Don't name your template as your EA, so it won't be applied automatically.

Thanks for the suggestion.

If I change it to something else than <EA name>, you're right, it will not be applied, the dist default green on black OHLC template is applied instead so I don't get my colours.  How can I control the colour settings of the backtester explicitly?

strontiumDog:

Thanks for the suggestion.

If I change it to something else than <EA name>, you're right, it will not be applied, the dist default green on black OHLC template is applied instead so I don't get my colours.  How can I control the colour settings of the backtester explicitly?

I think you can save a template with your EA name, but don't put the indicator inside.
Reason: