Trading on PIP Range Bars !! - page 13

This for me is a stable and easy to follow setup, based on RENKO bars.

For these Renko bars to print, install the LiveRenkoChart EA in your Expert folder. Open a M1 chart, install this EA on that chart, set boxsize 20 for EUR/JPY and boxsize 2 for EUR/USD (2 pips) and open a new offline M2 chart.

Then load the template on that offline chart.

You need the attached indicators in your Indicator folder first.

Nice trading.

Gilbert.

2 PIP setting = for scalping

Set on higher PIP size for more smoothed trading...

Files:
Renko_vs_M1.png  103 kb
Gann_HiLo.png  81 kb
Renko_2_pip.png  60 kb
M1.png  56 kb

Gilbert,

I am an avid Renko trader myself and would love to share some ideas with you. What are the settings you are using on the Gann HiLo?

Shawn

desander:
This for me is a stable and easy to follow setup, based on RENKO bars.For these Renko bars to print, install the LiveRenkoChart EA in your Expert folder. Open a M1 chart, install this EA on that chart, set boxsize 20 for EUR/JPY and boxsize 2 for EUR/USD (2 pips) and open a new offline M2 chart.Then load the template on that offline chart.You need the attached indicators in your Indicator folder first.Nice trading.Gilbert.2 PIP setting = for scalpingSet on higher PIP size for more smoothed trading...

Hi Desander. You seem to be an active researcher: a new setup almost every day

Can you please clarify on the CCI? How would you use it to confirm an entry? Waiting for the 6 bar to paint to confirm the trend, as per woodies rules, seems to be too late for an entry on such quick bars. Opposite, the simple zero line crossing seems to give too many fake entries...

shawnc78:
Gilbert, I am an avid Renko trader myself and would love to share some ideas with you. What are the settings you are using on the Gann HiLo? Shawn

Hey Shawn,

Would love to share some of your Renko ideas.

I use a lookback of 5 for the Gann HiLo.

You can plot a HULL-MA on the Renko bars.

The one i use is attached, settings are 8,3,3

Waiting your response...

Gilbert.

Files:

alright:
Hi Desander. You seem to be an active researcher: a new setup almost every day Can you please clarify on the CCI? How would you use it to confirm an entry? Waiting for the 6 bar to paint to confirm the trend, as per woodies rules, seems to be too late for an entry on such quick bars. Opposite, the simple zero line crossing seems to give too many fake entries...

You can find a lot of theories for using CCI, but i would refer you to the original Woodies-club

to read more about it.

I personally use the ZLR's...

As for the different approaches on how to (try) to read PA, i think that a lot of people like

to have a more broader vision.

Therefore i publish these different ways on how to look at PA (price action)

Woodies Club

Gilbert.

desander:
You can find a lot of theories for using CCI, but i would refer you to the original Woodies-club to read more about it.I personally use the ZLR's...As for the different approaches on how to (try) to read PA, i think that a lot of people like to have a more broader vision.Therefore i publish these different ways on how to look at PA (price action)Woodies ClubGilbert.

Thanks for your reply, Gilbert.

I do know about Woodies. I used it quite a lot in the past. I was wondering if you were just meaning to trade the CCI trend on its own or the patterns. I agree about the ZLR.

So you would take a trade if the Gann HiLo is agreeing, the trend is established after 6 bars and a ZLR is forming?

Hi Desander, that's a great little system.

my question is when using it is it better to trade 2 pip charts versus a 5 or 8 pip chart?

thanks

pcguy007:
Hi Desander, that's a great little system.my question is when using it is it better to trade 2 pip charts versus a 5 or 8 pip chart?thanks

2 pips = very nervous (scalpers)

3 pips = easier reading

5 pips = for more decent traders

8 pips = long(er) term traders

Try them all to see what suites you most.

Gilbert.

hi

I am in search of pip price bar candle like 10 pips, 20 pips etc.

Is there any indicator which will give such a price bar?

pl send me the the link or file to download it. Also tell me the way

to install the indicator on MT4.

thanks

prasp19:
hiI am in search of pip price bar candle like 10 pips, 20 pips etc.Is there any indicator which will give such a price bar?pl send me the the link or file to download it. Also tell me the wayto install the indicator on MT4. thanks

See earlier posts (#111 and #122) in this thread for the RenkoLiveChart EA and how to install it. Set Boxsize @ 10 for 10 pip bars or @ 20 for 20 pip bars.

Gilbert.

Reason: