Trading on tick charts with MT4 ! - page 10

How to tick on m15 charts, i can only use tm5 chart only, please help

Apologies for being away from this thread for so long. My reasons are two-fold: (a) I do not intend to hijack this thread from desander, and (b) I am not receiving instant email notifications of new posts as requested from this site (???)--so I only visit periodically.

Anyone having problems with desander's PostTickData and LogTickData indicators can visit this post. There you will find the indi's I edited for suffixed symbols i.e., EURUSDm.

Anyone having problems with the Russian (I think) TickSave and EqualVolumeBars EA's can visit this post. There you will find the EA I edited suffixed symbols as well (v2).

Both desander's indi's and the Russian EA's generate tick charts in MT4 in the same way. Both should be updating in realtime. If yours are not, try this:

If you are using desander's indi's:

1. Attach LogTickData,

2. Allow several minutes for LogTickData to actually log a complete price bar.This will be longer for higher tick values. A 15 tick bar will be logged faster than say a 500 tick bar.

3. Then go to File, Open Offline, and open the chart symbol you created.

4. If still not updating in realtime, close your offline chart (chart#3), remove your PostTickData from chart #2, and restart MT4. Then reattach PostTickData to chart #2, and reopen your offline chart.

If you are using the Russian EA:

1. Attach TickSave,

2. Allow several minutes...

3. Open offline chart...

4. If still not updating in realtime, close your offline chart (chart #3), remove your EqualVolumeBars(v2 for suffixes) from chart #2, and restart MT4. Then reattach EqualVolumeBars(v2 for suffixes), and reopen your offline chart.

I will check back periodically for new posts. Good trading to all.

One more thing. Whether you are running desander's indicators or the Russian EA's, you should open chart #1 and chart #2 on the M1 (one minute) time frame.

I have changed my email notification of new posts to "Daily," so hopefully I will get notified now.

Hi desander, thankyou for the tick chart indicators.

Which ticks per bar is best used in conjuntion with a M1 chart?

Hi All

Quite new on this thread. Ok for this tick system, which timeframe do you use ? 1Mn or 5 MN? and for which reasons?.

Also, this kind of strategy works only when the market is trending, not ranging. so , from 8 AM GMT to 21: PM GMT.

Of course, I saw the tick logging data. I am wandering if it's better to create a static tick array, and filled up w/ Bid price. And after, apply one simple strategy to guess the price/Trend direction

what do you think about ?

PS I put an indicator , I created. It's a Tick laguerre-Fast

Files:

dishar:
Hi desander, thankyou for the tick chart indicators. Which ticks per bar is best used in conjuntion with a M1 chart?

Looking back in this thread, it seems desander has been absent since 2009. I'll try to help as best as I can.

Whether I'm using the LogTickData and PostTickData indi's, or the TickSave and EqualVolumeBars EA's; I've noticed that Fibonacci numbers have become somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophecy--basically, if enough traders use them they become powerful.

The main Fibo #'s I've read about in various places are: 144, 233, 512, and 610. 233 and 610 were made famous by some commodities trading author. I'm guessing 133 is frequently mistaken for 144 due to 233. A quick search for Fibo numbers will reveal 512 and all the rest.

Another thing I've noticed is... if you count average seconds per tick for a given time period, you can kinda rebuild standard MT4 time frames without the usual "flat" areas of inactivity. For example, let's says you find that your broker's 5 digit EUR/USD price moves an average of 1 tick every 12.5 seconds. Then on a 144 tick chart, you could say there is an average of 12.5 seconds per tick; or 12.5 seconds * 144= 1800 seconds. Convert to minutes by dividing by 60 and you get 30 minutes. So you might say that a 144 tick chart is loosely comparable to an M30 chart.

Note that the ratio above is purely hypothetical--you must use actual figures. Also note that I mention 5 digit pricing. There is much discussion about how widespread 5 digit pricing is among big money traders. In the past, it was all 4 digits. The least price could move was a full pip. 5 digits allow for price to move as little as 1/10 of a pip. Naturally 144 4 digit ticks are not the same as 144 5 digit ticks.

Just for kicks, I recently collected GBP/CAD 5 digit ticks and found that a 1597 tick chart is loosely comparable to my H1 chart. Although I used a Fibo number because I was too lazy to think of my own number, I imagine you could use any number that works.

jaguar1637:
Hi AllQuite new on this thread. Ok for this tick system, which timeframe do you use ? 1Mn or 5 MN? and for which reasons?.Also, this kind of strategy works only when the market is trending, not ranging. so , from 8 AM GMT to 21: PM GMT.

The indi's and the EA's in this thread collect and print tick data from your broker's price feed, so you should be able to attach them to a live chart of any time frame. I like to attach them to an M1 chart because it's easy to see if my broker's data feed stalls for over a minute.

I read that the Woodies system on page 1 was designed for the currency futures market, which is quite different in degree of price movement and commission structure. I did test it in the retail/spot market and, after encountering similar problems, abandoned it.

jaguar1637:
Of course, I saw the tick logging data. I am wandering if it's better to create a static tick array, and filled up w/ Bid price. And after, apply one simple strategy to guess the price/Trend direction what do you think about ?

I'm not much of a coder, so I don't know exactly what you mean. Maybe the attached 4XTRAFFIC does something like this? To use it, buy when there are 4 green bars and sell when there are 4 red bars. TF of your current chart doesn't matter. I think the lines are Fibo exits but check the code to be sure. It calls TrendManager, so I include that as well. I used an adverse color bar appearance as my stop so I never really profited.

jaguar1637:
PS I put an indicator , I created. It's a Tick laguerre-Fast

Thanks for posting your work product. I lost interest in a regular Laguerre a few years back because I was getting similar results from a tweeked MACD.

I'm looking into divergence indi's lately--MACDD, OsMAD, and RSID... I guess you might say. Larger tick #'s like 1597 seem to be smoother on my broker's 5 digit pricing. I'll post back if I come up with anything profitable. I'm definitely on board with devising a new system.

Files:

Tick charts don't work when you want to scalp.

FreddyFX:
Tick charts don't work when you want to scalp.

I've yet to find ANYTHING that works when you want to scalp.

Here we have a tick volume counter that displays only the current bar's tick volume in text format right next to the current candle. Why? Because all previous candles have the same volume on tick charts--no need to show those. Basically, I modified the CandleTime THV indi to show tick volume in lieu of time. Why? Because minutes and seconds are irrelevant on tick charts.

So now if you want to go have a smoke, feed the chickens, or do whatever it is that you do; you can do it between candle closes without having a meaningless volume histogram, etc. cluttering up your tick chart.

Files:
tickcount.gif  16 kb
Reason: