Trading on tick charts with MT4 ! - page 2

I can not get the tick chart to work in metatrader 4 i add both indicators to a 1M chart but it just keeps a count of ticks, it does not create a tick bar chart. please help i need tick charts to make my trading plan work.

So anyway, for those who wiches to trade, based on tick charts,

i attached the two indicators needed.

After installing in your Indicators-list, do the following :

Open a simple M1 chart (EUR/USD if you want to trade this one)

Put the LogTickData-indicator on this "naked" M1 chart (enable DLL)

Drag (what do you mean by "drag") the PostTickData-indicator into the same chart on the Price-window (enable DLL)

and choose your own preferred ticks per bar on the inputs-tab, (15 if you wish a 15-tick bar chart)

but 33 - 133 - 233 are more random tick charts and the 133 is the one i use most.

Then you open the offline-chart(What do you mean by offline chart?) !TickEURUSD, M5 (leave the time as is)

This chart will start to collect tick data and you will see bars starts to form.

Wait until sufficient bars has formed, and then add your favorit indicators.

PS. Always leave the leading M1-chart open, don't close it !!

There is one big disadvantage on this system - once you close MT,

you must wait again building new data to produce a new actual tick

chart.

kx2250:
I can not get the tick chart to work in metatrader 4 i add both indicators to a 1M chart but it just keeps a count of ticks, it does not create a tick bar chart. please help i need tick charts to make my trading plan work. So anyway, for those who wiches to trade, based on tick charts,i attached the two indicators needed. After installing in your Indicators-list, do the following : Open a simple M1 chart (EUR/USD if you want to trade this one)Put the LogTickData-indicator on this "naked" M1 chart (enable DLL)Drag (what do you mean by "drag") the PostTickData-indicator into the same chart on the Price-window (enable DLL)and choose your own preferred ticks per bar on the inputs-tab, (15 if you wish a 15-tick bar chart)but 33 - 133 - 233 are more random tick charts and the 133 is the one i use most. Then you open the offline-chart(What do you mean by offline chart?) !TickEURUSD, M5 (leave the time as is)This chart will start to collect tick data and you will see bars starts to form.Wait until sufficient bars has formed, and then add your favorit indicators. PS. Always leave the leading M1-chart open, don't close it !!There is one big disadvantage on this system - once you close MT, you must wait again building new data to produce a new actual tick chart.

Hi kx2250, i have the same problem as you have.I can't get the !tick chart 'cause I don't know how to "open offline chart". If anybody knows how to do that, pls let us know.

Thanks

Sniper78:
Hi kx2250, i have the same problem as you have.I can't get the !tick chart 'cause I don't know how to "open offline chart". If anybody knows how to do that, pls let us know. Thanks

OK I GET IT NOW.

Offline chart will be ionserted by menu FILE/INSERT OFFLINE ...then choose the desired tick chart and press INSERT.

master4x:
I am not sure what is the difference between tick bars and regular bars. I looked at the images attached. Shouldn't tick bars be the same length for every single bar? For example, if you set the bars to 15 pips then every 15 pips up or down a new bar would form regardless of the time. Please someone explain this more.

Regular Market works with ticks as they arrive into your MT4 and form candles in the way you wish to see them.

In regular chart, when we select any time frame, the ticks keep moving in that time period in the candle and as the time frame time ends, that candle become a history and a new candle form.

In this tick chart, we will manage the ticks to form candles with their selected number. If you have selected 15, and as 15 ticks arrive, the candle ends and become history and a new candle starts.

This is my concept. Correct if i am wrong and hope it would help.

I'm a newcomer, rightnow I can't contribute important things. But I think

that will change in the future.

Thanks, the tick chart is amazing!!!!

However, is there a way to make EA run on offline tick chart?

Or how to use the information from the tick chart

ex. high, low, open or close price of the candle stick of the 5 tick chart?

ex. when close price of the offline 5 tick chart crosses moving average on the 5 tick chart?

Hey guys, interested in tick charts, range bars, I dont want to hi-jack this thread, but I would like to pay it forward...for the people that helped me...We have a 85 page thread started on Kreslik.com forum....the name of the thread is Ninja trader...check it out...this is not an ad, that is just where I post my charts....

dojirock

Gilbert, thanks a lot for sharing and open my mind to better things, actually I am working with your Range Bars systems and think that tics will improve it.

I just wanna to say thanks so much, your tick chart bring me a lot of green pips..scalping technic using tick data setting 15 at EurJpy

The best trading metod for scaping

Reason: