Trading on tick charts with MT4 ! - page 12

Hi

If you want to create an EA based on ticks, there are 2 simple ways

- the first one, is using LogTickData , perform calculation on Excell shits, for fetching a result (like in a NN)

- the second one, is to fill up an array w/ tick, calculate the cycle period and apply algorithm for figuring out which kind of trades to open or close.

Here is another indicator, which draws tick-based candlestick chart in the indicator window: check this thread

rainwood:
Here is another indicator, which draws tick-based candlestick chart in the indicator window: check this thread

Hi rainwood

thank you very much. As administrator of the website "http://beathespread.com" which is the following of the famous thread "Optimizing Trend Trading" opened by Codebreaker on FF, I just created a blog about your proposal, here :

beathespread: Rainwoods Tick Chart Indicator and free trial

I hope you could register and talk further about your own work, the objectives, goals and any thing related to this indicator

All the best

jagaur1637

jaguar1637:
Hi rainwood thank you very much. As administrator of the website "http://beathespread.com" ...jagaur1637

Thank you Jaguar1637, good luck with your website, will check it.

A few questions (we are going to test it)

I put this questions on the thread on beathespread

- Is it possible to get value from this indicator from a iCustom function ?

- How to set up a logic w/ this kind of indicator ?

- Is it possible to apply the Hodrick Prescott function on the ticks line and draw it ?

If I may interject...

Why not attach a plain old HP indi to a plain old offline tick chart?

Beyond that, I don't know exactly what your doing (I visited your site via the link you posted, but I didn't see anything regarding HP). Maybe it's my browser, but the page header/site title seemed to be overlapping the top links--a bit tough on the eyes.

jaguar1637:
A few questions (we are going to test it) I put this questions on the thread on beathespread - Is it possible to get value from this indicator from a iCustom function ? - How to set up a logic w/ this kind of indicator ? - Is it possible to apply the Hodrick Prescott function on the ticks line and draw it ?

You can get high-low values only, but never tried it.

What do you mean by 'logic'?

No. The main problem is, that the tick chart (tick-based) moves different from the main chart (time-based) and if you attach other time-based indicators, they won't work correctly.

RJo:
If I may interject... Why not attach a plain old HP indi to a plain old offline tick chart? Beyond that, I don't know exactly what your doing (I visited your site via the link you posted, but I didn't see anything regarding HP). .

ok, register RJO, And I will show you all my works on HP, there are a lot's of new indicators never seen somewhere else (that 's why this website is successfull)

rainwood:
You can get high-low values only, but never tried it. No. The main problem is, that the tick chart (tick-based) moves different from the main chart (time-based) and if you attach other time-based indicators, they won't work correctly.

You can get high-low values only, but never tried it. => so, it could be very interesting to dig in this direction

No. The main problem is, that the tick chart (tick-based) moves different from the main chart (time-based) and if you attach other time-based indicators, they won't work correctly => so, , as you put the MA indicator, could you put also the HP filter - ?? it would be great

jaguar1637:
... so, , as you put the MA indicator, could you put also the HP filter - ?? it would be great

According to my plans one of the next versions of the tick chart indicator will support offline charts as well, then you can put HP filter on the chart.

In the near future I don't plan to add any more built-in indicators next to the built-in MA, maybe in the long term future. The case is the same with supporting iCustom function.

Reason: