Trading on tick charts with MT4 ! - page 9

desander:
I attached two snap shots EUR/USD. One on M5 price bars One on 15 tick bars See on the last downward how smooth the tick bars forms the price action in comparison to the M5 bars... Gilbert.

Nice setups, thanks for sharing !

I'm new to this forum but find this a great subject, I'v read all the posts saved some of the *.mq4 files and am now ready to start implementing them, looking forward to seeing it in action.

Thanks to all who have posted your thoughts and fixes for the problems other members have had, I'm sure they will be a great help to me also.

I will let you know how I get on with it

Patrick

Oh my, Have I scared you all off ?

I doubt it but it could be this thread has run it's course, I would not be surprised, However I do know for sure there is a LOT more on offer in this thread even if you can't see it right now. Why not pull out all the stops and get some work done rather than waiting for others to give all the answers you require, Think of it as work required on your trading platform

I know you will be glad you took the initiative. “Help others and you will get help YOURSEL

I'm just waffling on right now, anyway I will be giving my update later on today, in a few hours, after I have eaten, YUM YUM, so catch yall later.

Patrick

Haha, doubt you've scared them off, mate, forum just tends to be a bit slower, but that's okay with me, generally has a better stream of posts anyhow.

how exactly do I change the tick count after dragging the "post tick data" indicator to the price-window?

akashadiver:
Hi! Thank you very much - it`s a nice trick to get a tick chart into mt4. Did anyone find a solution to auto-refresh the tick-chart? It shows what it should, but since it`s an offline-chart, I have to refresh it continuously manually. I`m sure, there must be an easy solution for that issue. ;-) Markus

try the refresh from the right click on chart first . if that doesn't work, shutdown the program and reopen. It will start working immediately after the first tick. It happens to me all the time.

rebelwitacauz:
how exactly do I change the tick count after dragging the "post tick data" indicator to the price-window?

after dragging?

once you drag and drop onto chart, you get a popup window ( parameters) then adjust the default (5) to whatever you like, , try 30 =) resembles close to M1 TF.

@RJO, thanks for the recent update on the suffix within posttickdata. I ran into the issue today when testing a broker with a long suffix .xxx after Symbol() and your latest update saved me again, as your first update !T- saved me the first time. I run several EA on these charts and I couldn't go back to TF. =)

Wow I can trade from the offline chart now, manually. Awesome work ROj

PostTickData.mq4 is giving error in loading to the platform

Reason: