Custom Time Frame For MT4

Does anybody know of  Script for mt4 that would allow for the creation of custom chart / time frames.

Let`s say i want to creat a 2-hour bar on a chart/pair, instead of the default time frames.

I`m using mt4 build 950.

fx9:

Does anybody know of  Script for mt4 that would allow for the creation of custom chart / time frames.

Let`s say i want to creat a 2-hour bar on a chart/pair, instead of the default time frames.

I`m using mt4 build 950.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7673
Period Converter Optimized
Period Converter Optimized
  • votes: 14
  • wfy05
  • www.mql5.com
Improved period converter support real-time refreshing, low CPU cost and other features.

Will this work with mt4 build 950?

Has anybody tried on the newest mt4..mt4 build 950?

Do i need any other files to use this period converter?

fx9:

Will this work with mt4 build 950?

Has anybody tried on the newest mt4..mt4 build 950?

Do i need any other files to use this period converter?

I am not sure if it works or not, because I have not test it, however these scripts that I am using works with MT4 build 950

For example you open a EURUSD chart with TF= 1 Minute, then attach the script to the chart, and say put 10 into the input multiplier, open offline chart EURUSD 10 minutes.

Files:
Scripts.zip  14 kb

Iwan Iskandar:

I am not sure if it works or not, because I have not test it, however these scripts that I am using works with MT4 build 950

For example you open a EURUSD chart with TF= 1 Minute, then attach the script to the chart, and say put 10 into the input multiplier, open offline chart EURUSD 10 minutes.

Thanks, ill give it a try.

Is there any known issue with the use of ea`s?

Will i need to start over if i close mt4?

fx9:

Thanks, ill give it a try.

Is there any known issue with the use of ea`s?

Will i need to start over if i close mt4?

So far I have no issue.  The first one I posted is not a script but an indicator.  I tested this one too seems to work fine.  For example your EURUSD 1 Minute Chart is still open with the Period Converter Optimized attached, and also your EURUSD 10 Minute OffLine Chart is still open, then if you close MT4, and reopen your MT4 again, you don't need to start all over again.

With the script I don't know yet, you have to test it yourself. 

Iwan Iskandar:

So far I have no issue.  The first one I posted is not a script but an indicator.  I tested this one too seems to work fine.  For example your EURUSD 1 Minute Chart is still open with the Period Converter Optimized attached, and also your EURUSD 10 Minute OffLine Chart is still open, then if you close MT4, and reopen your MT4 again, you don't need to start all over again.

With the script I don't know yet, you have to test it yourself. 

Thanks, i guess if it works for you it should work for me.

Do i attach the ea to 1-min chart or to the custom period chart?

fx9:

Thanks, i guess if it works for you it should work for me.

Do i attach the ea to 1-min chart or to the custom period chart?

Attach it to your 1 minute chart.  For example open EUR USD 1 minute chart.  Attach the script to it.  On the input section enter the multiplier number.  If you want a 10 minute Chart enter 10, if you want a 7 minute chart enter 7.

Step 2 Open the Offline Chart say EURUSD 10 Minute 

Iwan Iskandar:

Attach it to your 1 minute chart.  For example open EUR USD 1 minute chart.  Attach the script to it.  On the input section enter the multiplier number.  If you want a 10 minute Chart enter 10, if you want a 7 minute chart enter 7.

Step 2 Open the Offline Chart say EURUSD 10 Minute 

Thanks for the help.
Reason: