Trading on tick charts with MT4 ! - page 5

Thanks for sharing this information to us. Have any one tried this successfully? Hope we can see more reviews of successful traders who used this.

jrr0405:
Hi, Thanks for the files, exactly what I have been looking for! Just want to make sure I have it installed correctly. I just have the following question, any reply would be much appreciated. 1. I turn on both indicators for my naked 1 min chart , they look like they are both working, but thats without having to "drag" the post data indicator into the price window, so I am not sure if its working properly.If anyone who has theirs working I have attached a screenshot,if any one could please confirm if its ok. 2.Regarding how many tick's in the bar, do i just right click on the main 1 min naked chart, right click on indicator list, select post tick data indicator, select edit, click on input tab and change values in 'ticks in bar' value to my own setting?? Sorry if the question sounds silly, Thanks for anyone who can help.

Hi, my chart looks the same, but my offline keeps saying "waiting for update."

Have you solved your problem yet?

Sincerely,

Mark

HI

do i click save or load it to meta trader editor when i down load ?

desander:
Hello short term (scalp)traders, I finally found out how to trade with MetaTrader(4) based on tick charts. This gives a much smoother price evolution over time in comparison with bar charts like M1 or M5. Indicators acts much better (faster) this way, at least in my opinion... I am a fan of Woodies CCI and my signals are much acurate then based on M1 or M5. So anyway, for those who wiches to trade, based on tick charts, i attached the two indicators needed. After installing in your Indicators-list, do the following : Open a simple M1 chart (EUR/USD if you want to trade this one) Put the LogTickData-indicator on this "naked" M1 chart (enable DLL) Drag the PostTickData-indicator into the same chart on the Price-window (enable DLL) and choose your own preferred ticks per bar on the inputs-tab, (15 if you wish a 15-tick bar chart) but 33 - 133 - 233 are more random tick charts and the 133 is the one i use most. Then you open the offline-chart !TickEURUSD, M5 (leave the time as is) This chart will start to collect tick data and you will see bars starts to form. Wait until sufficient bars has formed, and then add your favorit indicators. PS. Always leave the leading M1-chart open, don't close it !! There is one big disadvantage on this system - once you close MT, you must wait again building new data to produce a new actual tick chart. As an example, i included my Woodies template...please compare the two included snapshots for a moment. Nice trading to all of you and you're always welcome to respond to this thread and share your own experiences. Gilbert (Belgium) PS. Via this link you can read more about the advantages of using tick-charts. Also more here and here

coymahrens:
Hi, my chart looks the same, but my offline keeps saying "waiting for update."Have you solved your problem yet?Sincerely,Mark

Hi,

My offline chart say "waiting for update" too...

Can someone help us?

Thanks!

hi.. i do suceed to implement the chart system with my 4digit borker.. but failed to do the same with my 5 digit broker (EUR/USDm) the offline chart keep waitng for update forever... the open offline chart only show !tickEURUSD5m ..

any one can help with 5digit broker? what I have to do?

Thanks for sharing,

PLEASE HELP

Can anyone tell me how to get the tick chart going. I understand how to install but it doesn't install. I have installed renko charts and they work fine and installed very easilly.

Anyone knows what is the difference between "put" and "drag", as Gilbert explains in the original post on page 1, see below:

----

Put the LogTickData-indicator on this "naked" M1 chart (enable DLL)

Drag the PostTickData-indicator into the same chart on the Price-window (enable DLL)

-----

Thanks,

this is great. does it pull bid data or a combination of bid-ask ?

Thanks for sharing, I'll test this as soon as I can.

sihar:
hi.. i do suceed to implement the chart system with my 4digit borker.. but failed to do the same with my 5 digit broker (EUR/USDm) the offline chart keep waitng for update forever... the open offline chart only show !tickEURUSD5m .. any one can help with 5digit broker? what I have to do?

Hi Sihar

Did You find a solution to Your problem?

My broker switched currency denomination overnight from EURUSD to EURUSDb and so forth.

Opening the offline chart it says 'Waiting for an update' - I guess the offline chart file is referencing EURUSD, and thereby not getting updated by incoming ticks.

Does anyone have a quick fix to this?

Cheers

Tomas

Reason: