Flexible Time Charts for MT4 - page 7

Further Difficulties

On another MT4 platform, this one standard, unhacked, was able to get an 8-min. chart live and updating, but no other timeframe. Would certainly be interested to see the advantages, if there are any, of 5-second charts.

Hi,

this is not working on my mt4 platform, secondly I also want too know can I run the MTF indicators on 10 Seconds Chart, seems like it won't be working got an 10 second indicator from FF but the MTF indicator of 1 minute and 5 minute are not working , what could be the reasons & can you help .....

problem

I also have problem with 5 min chart

And the ratio continues...

Just for kicks, I extrapolated the ratio above to my 133 tick chart. So... if 15 ticks occur every 12 seconds (for right now anyway), then 12 / 15 = 0.8, and 0.8 x 133 = 106.4, and 106.4 = 1:46.4, and the nearest timeframe in your .pdf is 1:48. So once again, here are the charts. M39 is your 1:48 minute:second chart, and M133 is the 133 tick chart. Correlation? Ah yes, I can hear the Fibonacci gears turning already.

Files:
m39.png  71 kb
m133.png  78 kb

Finally...

Painless, thanks a million for this excellent EA... and, it's free! I'm a big fan of tick charts, and I've been all over the place trying to find a solution to what I've found to be a common problem. Anyone using the LogTickData and PostTickData indies knows that the lack of realtime chart updating makes running trading EA's on the generated offline chart impossible. Sure, the trading EA attaches but it never trades. I'm no coder, but I believe the problem stems from the fact that those 2 indies log price data to, and post price data from, a .csv file stored locally on my pc.

So, I decided to try your FlexiChart EA. Well have a look below at the following charts. The M15 chart is generated by the TickData indies which print a price bar every 15 ticks. The M13 chart is your 12 second FlexiChart. Pretty close hey? The Flexichart may even provide more solid signals on my setup than the tick chart. More importantly, my trading EA runs seemlessly on the offline chart when the FlexiChart EA inputs are set properly (see .set file below).

Files:
m15.png  74 kb
m13.png  106 kb

Thanks to share these flexible time charts for MT4. I will use it and check how much these charts are helpful for me.

I tried to test FlexiChart according the documentation, but no chart appear. The one that appear is the moving average.

Do anybody know, where the mistake is?

Thanks in advance

Files:
flexicharts.jpg  290 kb

Once when you copied the ea into expert folder and the other two ex4 files into libraries folder (all found at the first post of this thread), you have to open an offline chart that it has written out (usually 8 minute chart as far as I see). After that you work with that offline chart the same as any other chart (it is not an indicator, you have to add indicators you want to use.

whitedog024:

I tried to test FlexiChart according the documentation, but no chart appear. The one that appear is the moving average.

Do anybody know, where the mistake is?

Thanks in advance

FlexiChart

@mladen

now I opend an offline chart and changed the properties. After that I took the expert advisor flexichart definition on it. But no chart apears.

The very first step was to enable DLL imports and live trading. No alarm message appeared but now it seams that there a no data.

How can I check this?

whitedog024

Open any chart and place the flexichart EA to it (allow experts to work). Now simply forget about that chart. Go to open and now open the 8 minute (or what the is written in the upper left corner as the name of the time frame you should open) in the offline mode. Set it up as any other chart and work with it but leave the chart (a regular chart) at which you originaly placed the flexichart EA opened all the time. Your main chart for flexichart from then on is the 8 minute offline chart

whitedog024:
@mladen

now I opend an offline chart and changed the properties. After that I took the expert advisor flexichart definition on it. But no chart apears.

The very first step was to enable DLL imports and live trading. No alarm message appeared but now it seams that there a no data.

How can I check this?
Reason: