Trading on tick charts with MT4 ! - page 6

Hi Gilbert. Hope all is well in Panama. Bocas del Toro, Panama was listed by Kiplinger last week as one of the top 8 places to retire outside of the United States. Do you live close to Bocas del Toro?

I Skyped you today and yesterday as well about a business opportunity, but since you haven't posted anything for months, I'm not sure if you are away on vacation or not. Please let me know when you read this or check your Skype messages. Thanks.

I was using this for a while, and then all of the sudden I got the 4103 error.

Anyone have a solution?

desander:
Hello short term (scalp)traders, I finally found out how to trade with MetaTrader(4) based on tick charts. This gives a much smoother price evolution over time in comparison with bar charts like M1 or M5. Indicators acts much better (faster) this way, at least in my opinion... I am a fan of Woodies CCI and my signals are much acurate then based on M1 or M5. So anyway, for those who wiches to trade, based on tick charts, i attached the two indicators needed. After installing in your Indicators-list, do the following : Open a simple M1 chart (EUR/USD if you want to trade this one) Put the LogTickData-indicator on this "naked" M1 chart (enable DLL) Drag the PostTickData-indicator into the same chart on the Price-window (enable DLL) and choose your own preferred ticks per bar on the inputs-tab, (15 if you wish a 15-tick bar chart) but 33 - 133 - 233 are more random tick charts and the 133 is the one i use most. Then you open the offline-chart !TickEURUSD, M5 (leave the time as is) This chart will start to collect tick data and you will see bars starts to form. Wait until sufficient bars has formed, and then add your favorit indicators. PS. Always leave the leading M1-chart open, don't close it !! There is one big disadvantage on this system - once you close MT, you must wait again building new data to produce a new actual tick chart. As an example, i included my Woodies template...please compare the two included snapshots for a moment. Nice trading to all of you and you're always welcome to respond to this thread and share your own experiences. Gilbert (Belgium) PS. Via this link you can read more about the advantages of using tick-charts. Also more here and here

Can't find in my offline charts !TickEURUSD, M5. Can you help?

trading manually on mt4 is near impossible imo, the platform is designed with automation in mind.

Hello everyone....for those having issues with "dragging" the Posttickdata indicator into the "price window", go to the Help tab and then follow this path: Help--->Help Topics (also F1)---> then type "drag" into the Search tab area and this quote will come up: "Indicators are imposed into the chart from the "Navigator" window by means of Drag`n`Drop technique..." THen, once you get this part correct, go to File--->Open Offline, and your !Tick chart should be near the top. It should have a 1970 start date, and the last two alphanumeric digits will correspond with the "Ticksinbar" data you entered during the "Posttickdata" phase, i.e. if you enter 10 in that area, your chart is 10 ticks and the chart will look like !TickEURUSD,M10

It works very well once you figure it out....thanks for this!

Jeff

After six page , someone is telling the whole story in a right way, thanks

stljeffbb:
Hello everyone....for those having issues with "dragging" the Posttickdata indicator into the "price window", go to the Help tab and then follow this path: Help--->Help Topics (also F1)---> then type "drag" into the Search tab area and this quote will come up: "Indicators are imposed into the chart from the "Navigator" window by means of Drag`n`Drop technique..." THen, once you get this part correct, go to File--->Open Offline, and your !Tick chart should be near the top. It should have a 1970 start date, and the last two alphanumeric digits will correspond with the "Ticksinbar" data you entered during the "Posttickdata" phase, i.e. if you enter 10 in that area, your chart is 10 ticks and the chart will look like !TickEURUSD,M10It works very well once you figure it out....thanks for this!Jeff

Hi, Just wondering if anyone would take a Skype call to find out about loading this indicator and if i have installed it all correct. The time in Australia at the moment is 6.15pm.

Thanks Robert

Need a little help.

DrArb3000:
trading manually on mt4 is near impossible imo, the platform is designed with automation in mind.

designed for brokers to rob sheep

At Forex4you, we're committed to offering the best forex trader services possible. Join today and see what we mean!The "Forex"is the abbreviated form of Foreign Exchange; it is also referred as the "Spot FX" market.

Hi Guys,

It looks great, can someone tell me in bulletstyle how to work with this system?

Maurice

Reason: