The London Open - page 46

rocwell:
Hello people! Dan, rockdrive, fxPimp, hope you're all well. Just thought i'd sneak a bit of a look at the thread, see how well you guys are continuing to vacum up yhose pips while i'm away! nice to see its going well as usuall. I should be back home next week, and back on the trading block too so looking forward to the morning words of wisdom , hope i'm not too rusty at this ol' trading lark when i get back

For you to be rusty that would implie some contact with water......unless its got alcohol in it your trading could be seriously damaged.

My suggestion is that you fully lubricate yourself and ensure that you are appropriately protected from malfunction before your return.

Explict photographs of your transgressions are currently available on all good You-Tube sites.

Have fun doppleganger and don't do anything I wouldn't do...so thats pretty much everything!

Bye Rusty Rockie

Hemal:
Hi Guys, After an interesting day, full of pullbacks using our elastic band approach I understand that a few of you had a good few trades on the indices and crude... great trading!! Unfortunately I had some technical issues on various charts which meant that I was using two computers this morning. (Using two wireless mice can get a little confusing, especially first thing in the morning) Anyway that's all sorted now, and although I missed out on the pm session I understand that allot of fellow members took some great trades. As for myself, I concentrate on Gold, EURUSD, & GBPUSD. For anyone in the room, they will know that I was shouting gold back down to 910-915, before a power up. Now, assuming that this $ strength is short lived, I would be looking to take a long position on gold entering around the 923/924 level, which would be a 123 move on the five min chart, confirmed by the 10/63 CCI, and a double bottom, and higher high. In relation to cable, which has bounced of the daily 50MA and boxed in between the daily 20, I think the best play would be to wait for direction from crude and gold, then play the breakout either way. As indicated above, I like it to the north side, if crude/gold can find support. Likewise with EURUSD, I of course would be a buyer given my comments above. Given our MAs are closer together, and our CCIs are showing the break to the upside, at the moment in my humble opinion this is currently a better opportunity than cable. I'm off for a long bath soaked in radox!! Speak to you all in the morning. Hemal

Oh Hemal,

Radox bubble bath - my favourite. Now do tell uncle rockie were you really shouting loud, go sort, go short or were you on the phone to your plumber ordering that very large jacuzzi - you cheeky boy with all those gold taps, to match your golden trading - Get it, 'golden' trading. Outstanding today, your performance in terms of pick of the pips is starting to get Pimp like....

So you need to upscale your wardrobe and ensure your are appropriately attired for tomorrows session. The MBC and in particular Master Dan have their beady eyes on you. So nothing naughty in front of the web-cam and do like your mother said and wash behind your ears!!!

Great job H -

Bubble Rockie

p.s we know what you meant about your first post...It OK on this thread we are all friends

Good Morning all,

After a relaxing evening, time to attack this market!

With gold boxed in between its 80 & 200 ma on its 15 min time frame, a break either way should give us direction for the London open. I'm swaying to a upside breakout after a bounce of its daily 20 MA re testing last weeks highs.

In relation to fibre, which is holding the daily 20 MA, a break to the north side is preferred with the 84 CCI setup as it is, however the 80MA has crossed the 200 on the 1hr time frame, but with a break above and a 123 move as confirmation is my eyes are looking for.

With cable boxed in between its daily 50 and 20, setup for a move to the south side, I will be staying out of this until I can establish if the daily support line will be held.

Have a great day everyone

rockdrive:
Oh Hemal,Radox bubble bath - my favourite. Now do tell uncle rockie were you really shouting loud, go sort, go short or were you on the phone to your plumber ordering that very large jacuzzi - you cheeky boy with all those gold taps, to match your golden trading - Get it, 'golden' trading. Outstanding today, your performance in terms of pick of the pips is starting to get Pimp like.... So you need to upscale your wardrobe and ensure your are appropriately attired for tomorrows session. The MBC and in particular Master Dan have their beady eyes on you. So nothing naughty in front of the web-cam and do like your mother said and wash behind your ears!!! Great job H - Bubble Rockie p.s we know what you meant about your first post...It OK on this thread we are all friends

Good Moring Uncle Rock,

Well that would be telling, would it not?

My new webacam and I, are waiting for you to join us for this morrnings session.

Have a good day mate.

H

Indeed

Morning all.

Double top city on that short time frame DJI last night wasn't it?

Absolutely devestated. I was shorting FTSE at 5525, but had a visitor from Japan turn up & closed it before going out. Just saw it had fallen 70 late on.

Todays business is a bit unclear. The longer term charts look like they could bounce off the 50 and find resistance off the now descending 20 on both Gold & Crude. I'm not sure though with both finding a good amount of support late on.

Cable hardly looks like it is finding support and is now firmly wedged between the daily 20&50 and is looking weak.

Euro had a little run to the 60m 200 but looks very interesting with Gold bouncing off the 38.2 fib.

USDJPY looks like it's another one I'm not liking the look of, having given up most of the morning's gains from yesterday shortly after I had spoken to a friend about the set-up.

Short-term potential ?

EURJPY & USDJPY look set for a little fall IF Gold & Crude manage to continue in a northerly direction.

Nothing too explicit this morning I'm afraid.

Not feeling the love.

Well Team London,

ITs been quite a nice day today. Got in with Gold for some early pips sneaking a cheeky 40 in a move from 929. I was also fortunate enough to be watching e/j as it retraced from the earlier move and managed +22 on the move from 167.60 based on the 5 min chart.

I was not planning to trade this afternoon but got drawn in. I managed a couple of FTSE trades taking it up and then down from the 5440 to 5470 level and back again as it bounced off the 200 for 30 and 25 pips respectively. Only the 5 min chart could have provided the entry, and it was so cheeky that I did not need 15 as it was a sniper strike in and out.

With my confidence high I thought (thats dangerous) I saw a little move on Crude. Thinking it would not go through 139.0 I was long..........ouch, before I knew it my stop was hit and I was out....Youuuuurrrrr Out!!! So that was -50 pips and thank goodness I only took a small position. Brrrrrrrr...Crude makes me shiver.......A hungry beast and no hungry horse to tame it.

Keep thinking with Crude falling I like Gold lower. I currently have an order at 917 for the south side. Its oscillating in a tight range, so just maybe with the indicies rising and dollar strength Gold may fall to the daily 20 around 911.

Happy hunting team..........

Sniper Rockie

P.S My order for Gold was kicked in at 916.5 and made a quick journey to 912 territory. Closed position for 40 pips making days total pips count +107

Hi Guys.

I'm not trading this afternoon.

A good morning, with plenty of pips so not keen on giving them back.

Bit of an unclear picture but will keep my eyes open for any possibles and post them as they emerge. EURUSD looks quite promising but really hasn't moved a lot and is stuck on the daily 20ema. Could be good short opportunity though it it can break 1.5660

Well done Rockdrive. Great trading mate.

Crude long of $136.50 anyone ??

After a big fall of 600 pips, can this baby recover even 10% ??

A highly risky proposition but with my little EURUSD making a few pips there might be a little room for risking a few with the potential for a slight retracement of 100 pips.

Tread carefully though. The bull run of this beast could be over, but a good one for the demo account !

woooooooooo. This black stuff looks like it means business to the downside.

A quick 50 for anyone quick enough on the trigger quickly swallowed up and replaced with a -50 for those not quite so quick on the draw.

Nothing else really tickling my fancy and quite happy to have an early night.

Good trading by many of you today. Really very impressed with some of the emails and feedback. Another 500 pips up for grabs tomorrow I feel,

Good tidings to you.

FX Pimp:
Crude long of $136.50 anyone ?? After a big fall of 600 pips, can this baby recover even 10% ??A highly risky proposition but with my little EURUSD making a few pips there might be a little room for risking a few with the potential for a slight retracement of 100 pips. Tread carefully though. The bull run of this beast could be over, but a good one for the demo account !

Oh Le Pimp,

You are just tickling me with that cheeky long on crude. I tried that earlier today and got royally spanked. Quite enjoyed the experience . If its all the same to you, can you let me off this one.

I think I'd prefer to put a sharp pencil up my nose rather than play with the black stuff. Where's hungry horse when you have a beast to tame.

Tom Sharpe Rockie

Reason: