The London Open - page 50

Hola and Buenos Dias

Congratulations thread and Team London - 50 pages long and still going strong! Magnifico.

Is this not truly the best thread around - don't forget to vote for it guys n'gals at the top of the page.

Gracias por todo!

Thank you Dan007, Le Pimp et all!

F

Hi guys! Rockdrive what an excellent week you have had!!!! muchos impressed. I came back form a much deserved holiday to find my home has been f*cking Robbed!!!!!! evertything has been taken. Excluding the telly which was to big for them to carry, so they decided to crack the screen instead. siffice to say i'm maadddddddddddd as hell. it even looks like the bastards had the gall to eat a takeaway infront of the tv before trying to nick it!!!

what really pisses me off is that i was MADE to leave my laptop behind so as not to ruin the holiday, so i am relegated to borrowing time on friends' computers to get on the net. Not happy i can assure you. Nor looking forward to having it out with the insurance company.

Anyway, nice to see everything is still going on here, hopefully i'll be back on the trading horse soon. wish me luck..........!

is it my imagination or has crude calmed down considerably?

Hey Rocwell,

How are you? Long time no see. Thought you'd become a guru overnight and deserted us.

Check-out your compadre's. All making some serious pippage.

Has crude gone quiet? We ll since the 1200 pips run of Thursday/Friday I think she's just having a little slumber.

Today could see some action.

Talking of action, the Weak Dollar all round wes very evident with a lot of us just off-loading our greenbacks accross the board in the afternoon.

I WILL start posting a couple of charts and ideas from today.

My Midday-madness will cover it all.

On to today.

Gold & Crude still looking very bid despite the disappoinment from the dark stuff, being in a $2 range of consolidation, which didn't give a huge amount of upward lift to Gold.

Now the 60m 50sma has caught up I'm hopeful of a big oil day.

If your not already in the Gold then it's going to be tough to jump in at these levels.

Remember the post from Saturday? I was talking about buying the pullbacks to either the 60m or 4hr 20ema. Well, yesterday saw it pulling back to $953 before taking off again. I hope some of you are in on your longer term book with a target 450 pips away at $1000.

Think we could see a day on the Gold like yesterday's Crude.

I'll be looking to push the Crude above $145.00 today so any little 1-2-3 on the stealth system should be met with a long off the averages.

Remember to get your 50-100 on crude and be satisfied. It's a beast.

Currencies looking good. I spoke yesterday about cable nearing the weeklt 50sma. It's the big 2.00 level too and I'm tempted to have a little short here, against the strategy. I'm pretty confident of a break at some point but not just yet. I don't think anyone is expecting a sudden massive improvement in the numbers.

Coincidentally theres a double top there too.

So lets weight this up. Daily 200 sma, weekly 50sma (same thing), double-top, big 2.00 level...........I'm not sure it's sooooo anti-strategy afterall.

Euro's got 1.60 written all over it once again, whilst Swissie looks destined for parity.

The most interesting candidate for me, bar cable is the JPY. She's sitting on the daily 50 and the weekly 20 and looking like she really wants to go.

For a longer-term play I would like to see a retracement to the 106.50 level before a push down.

Onto the faster-moving 5/15 set-up it does not look pretty for the Dollar at all. These pairs are just trickling and not getting away from the m.a's too much which means they could continue like this forever.

Is thare a double bottom on the 15m JPY?

Euro seems to be the one with the most immediate mileage if Gold takes off.

The rest are a little bit overly toasted, just like our mate, Rockdrive.

I'll be looking for a bounce off the 15m 20 for a cheeky one. Yes it's close to the 1.60 but its the only one with a 4hr CCI reading less than +/- 150

Have a good Session

good morning everyone,

Well after a smal retracement, gold did make an attempt to the north side, and I am holding a longer term position on it.

As for today, gold is overbought on both the daily chart and shorter timeframes. The elastic band theory is the corner of my mind and can come in to play at any moment of with sign of $ strength. Although, I will be adding to my position after any dips, I will not be short selling this on the way down.

Cable, again looks tired at these ;evels so if we get any sign of $ strength I will be lookinbg to short this. A break of 1.9970 would be the first sign for this.

EURUSd, again looks tired at these highs, I am looking for retracements before building a long position.

Have a great day!!

Morning all,

Sorry it has taken me so long to start posting but monkey's arent used to early mornings. Looking at the Dow this morning sitting on a double bottom 10960.. Im keeping my eye on a possible break of the 20 EMA on this 5 min chart and a confirmation from the CCIs for a possible 30/40 pips.

All this said though you could have a cheeky look at the Dax too....

Happy hunting .... dont kill the monkeys!!!

ooooo aaaaa aaaa

Hey Monkey Boy - where are you 2 days now?

It is very boring without indicies

Hope to see you soon

Hi all

Look at that FTSE go... Just closed at 5157 from 5220.

These indices are a scary prospect...Where will they stop...10,000 is going to get hit.

Have a great afternoon. Will be posting a lot more from now on.

Apologies but been very busy.

Dan007

Files:
ftse44.gif  47 kb

FX Pimp:
The most interesting candidate for me, bar cable is the JPY. She's sitting on the daily 50 and the weekly 20 and looking like she really wants to go.For a longer-term play I would like to see a retracement to the 106.50 level before a push down.

Hi Guys,

The weakness of the Dollar is really coming back into play now with the Gold trade of yesterday over 200 pips up already.

As mentioned this morning the USDJPY looked an interesting proposition as the longer term 4hr chart attached shows. Sadly, we didn't get the little retracement but I hope a few of you took the trade anyway.

Quite dangerous to be jumping in here but after a retracememnt I can see this going back to 103.00 so a potential 200 more pips in this one yet.

Certainly one I will be keeping my eyes on.

Great trading from you guys this morning. I know many of you picked up over 100 pips, so well done. Keep up the good work.

Files:
usdjpy.gif  34 kb

Hi

Didnt take it as too jumpy with Mr Bernanke...136 now!!! Gutted!!!

Oil in free fall...

Will bring pivots into school tom.

Dan007

Files:
oil.gif  44 kb
Reason: