The London Open - page 51

rocwell:
is it my imagination or has crude calmed down considerably?

Rocwell,

Buddy sorry to here about your news........send for the lads!!! To cheer you up I wanted to highlight the 2000 pip move in crude in the last week....well less than a week but get my drift.....You could have traded this my friend and made enough pips to bought a new house with your leverage......and asked those theiving rascals to steal the rest of the house to save demolition fees......

I have made some sneeky pips and we must compare notes when you are ready.....I am all over the indies, the orange lady and the black beast and loving them.

Chin up and no worries - as long as they didn't take your sense of humour life will be just fine........

Good luck my doppleganger.....be lucky (ier)!!

Pearls of Wisdom Rockie

Monkey,

Where are u.....................Still swinging in the trees, dressed only in your pants...

Come back to the thread and chuck us some ripe old bananas to play with.

You've teased us with your little one and now we want more....c'mon Monkey give us what we want or we'll take away your Camels

Rough Rockied

Can somebody go get Farmer bob out of his soya and wheat fields and get him to share some more trading stories......

I am eagerly awaiting the next installment of the trading A - Z......

An avid reader Rockie

Dan007:
Hi Didnt take it as too jumpy with Mr Bernanke...136 now!!! Gutted!!! Oil in free fall... Will bring pivots into school tom. Dan007

Dan,

Its a slippery pole this crude stuff; so make sure you have a suitable mattress to protect your fall..........definitely best grip this beast with two hands.

Lubricated Rockie

Morning Team London,

I decided to drag my carcass out of bed a little earlier this morning. I have a large mug of green tea and am feeling a little delicate. An inpromtu beer of three with an old friend...........More of the black stuff I'm afraid, but not crude in sight.

I totally missed the currency moves yesterday morning. Looking back at my charts the signal were all there........so how come I missed cable, u/j and e/j trades. Because I was concentrating on the black stuff and the indies. I put the Dax up for the first time. I was getting a bit miffed that I heard about pip fest on the Dax from Raxy Daxy who was getting pips galore. Traded Dax late morning for (rolling) 6098 to 6065 for +33 pips and the FTSE rolling from 5239 to 5215 for +24 pips. I had hoped to trade crude as well, but I didn't get the set-up I like on the 5 min chart.

I stepped away and went to see the Queen in London.....Jolly nice day out too. Arrived back home and its was chaos. No nothing in the house, only my charts and the black stuff diving off a $147 high to $136..........I know looking at the posts that many missed the ride. I hope that other column regulars managed to get some action. It showed itself on the 5 min 10cci and 63 cci set-up and once you were in it was show-time.

This morning I am open minded. After the wild rides yesterday I hope the recent constraints on the currencies have been lifted. Lets wait and see what the pip gods will bring us.

Nice to have Dan posting again.....the cheeky one has been quiet recently. Lets hope he's coming back to us with his wonderful technical posts and insigthful charts.

I'm going to burn some toast.........and smear it with butter and bramble jelly.

Sore head Rockie

Wooooooooooo.

turn my back for a fgew hours yesterday and all hell breaks loose. 1000 pips on crude? Good job I had a sell order at $145.................I Wish !

So, Bernanke talking inflationarey pressures I guess and driwndling demand. Hmmmmm. Looks to me like a perfect opportunity to go long again.

Or is it the start of some big crash in oil prices? Well the bigger spicture says double top formation, but I'm going to be looking for a pullback, which we'll talk about on the short-term section in a minute.

The ever resilient Gold having none of it and only giving up partial gains with a little retrace back toward the 60m 50. Our $1000 target is not far off.

I mentioned before whether this coulf be the time when the whole black & orange correlation could fall away. At least for the time being.

Lack of demand in both quarters is getting greater by the day, but with many chosing to hedge against inflation by buying Gold, this could prove to be the stronger . We'll have to look a bit further down the line.

OK, that's commodities corner dealt with, so onto currency-watch.

Cable is looking very comfy up at those dizzy heights not seen for a bit, whilst Euro has simply retraced to the 4hr 20ema.

Swissie has bounced off a descending trendline on the 4hr, whilst the 103.00 JPY is looking quite good still.

Where does this leave us...........

Let's take a peak as some possible entries.

Well, as often happens in retracements the 5/15 charts show a completely different perspective to the 60/240.

Euro & Gold looking like further falls are in the making.

Cable I am finding very bifficult of late.

Swissie looks to have found some support whilst USDJPY doesn't. How strange is that? Usually we'd see EURUSD going in an approximate same direction as Gold and for USDJPY to be doing the opposite to those two and following an approximate path to USDCHF.

Interressante.

Ideally, what I'd like to see is Gold making a bid to the upside, with the prevailing trend then get short of USDJPY & Swissie on the breaks. Might place an order at 100.85 on the Swissie. Not looking for a long position at all and not really looking to go short on Euro or Cable either.

However If Gold doesn't find support then there maybe an opportunity shorting EURUSD below 1.5880, but what I really want to a see is 1-2-3 to the upside.

Have a great morning. my eyes will be scanning for opportunity as they arise

Fluffy Pimp

I'll be looking for possible entry points on the crude later too

Hi Guys,

Been a good morning - I managed to get some action on the currencies and picked up +46 pips trading e/j short (166.29 - 165.83 s/l 166.45). Missed a second entry but there we go. Entered short on swissy and picked up +25 (1.0085 - 1.0060 s/l 1.0115). Took crude up for +42 139.18 - 139.60 s/s 138.50 (this on GFT Crude not WHC as price different). Total pips for the morning 113.

Off for brekkie and hoping to find bacon in the fridge......for a bacon buttie with HP sauce.....yum.

Great shout on the thread for yens and swissy. I'll be looking at the indicies and the black stuff this afternoon. Think we shall have some interesting moves, following yesterdays turbulence.

Bon Pips......

Buttie Rockie

Hello again guys.

Fansastic effort from everyone this morning, picking up between 30-100 pips accross the Dollar weakness board.

Noone getting caught out with what technically looked like a short euro and cable, which was good and a few of you taking the Swissie and/or the Yen as per morning summary.

Euro is by far the most attractive looking candidate now after the 1-2-3.

The chart shows just the 15m chart (1-2-3 not visable), a little support line and a big fat purple Pimp pivot.

A break of previous high could see a move up to 1.60 again if Gold remains strong.

Great work again Rockdrive. You are the man of the moment.

Files:
euro.gif  30 kb

Morning all

Great day today and many of you making lots of pips, which is great to see.

USDCHF was a great call short. EURUSD a great long trade. CABLE traders got kicked in above 55 for 30ish pips...The list goes on.

As we finshed the INDICES really kicked off. Look when the DOW kicked off short, the FTSE and DAX kicked down as well. Thats over 40-50 pips in each and very controlled.

EURUSD just making its move now on the upside the short traders in USDCHF.

Rax made over 140 pips before his crunchy nut corn flakes at 9am.

Enjoyable day today and the markets behaved themselves for once.

Well done to you all.

Dan007

Files:
ftse.gif  49 kb
eurusd.gif  48 kb

Hi

CRUDE has broken which means GOLD and EURUSD could be limited on the upside.

Its a beast...

Dan007

Files:
crude.gif  46 kb
Reason: