The London Open - page 39

Hi all

Well a tough market this morning with GOLD and CRUDE tempting many of us in for a short trade...

However not to worry!!! Where do we make our pips back and some??? Yes the one tremding market the Indices...

Look at FTSE fall from 5695 to 5615..Thats 80 pips...

Look at DAX fall from 6650 to 6550...Thats 100 pips...

Look at DOW which led the way from 11850 to 11775...Thats 75 pips

Ok you wont maximise completely but many of you have taken over 100 so great trading...

Dan007

Files:
dax44.gif  45 kb
dow44.gif  47 kb
ftse44.gif  47 kb

Anyone reading the post this morning would have stayed out of shorting the Gold, which would have saved you some pips, and all those taking the possible short on USDCHF that was suggested made an easy 40.

All pretty good stuff with GBPJPY & EURJPY doing exactly as predicted too.

Unfortunately the Crude was very badly behaved but no-one got too badly burnt on that.

Lovely moves on the Indices we spoke about. I managed to pick-up 65 on the FTSE, which was nice and closed out my long position of yesterday on USDJPY with a little under 30.

Consumer confidence this afternoon in the States. Nothing exciting me at the moment, but interesting to see the CHF pairs falling and EURUSD not going-up.

IF the numbers come out at 55.00 or lower, there could be some room on the upside there.

Great day for everyone yesterday. Not so great for Dan & I holding the fort and not trading. Not so good day for some this morning, but a good one for me. Swings n roundabouts. It's the long-term that matters most. If 1 candle doesn't make a trend, then 1 losing trade doesn't make a bad trader !

Hi Dan, hi Le Pimp

Le pet du Pimp here.

Sorry I missed the "forbidden place" the last two days.

Heard via a source that Le Pimp revealed his new template. Looks like I've got some catching up to do.

Glad you all got some good trades - more catching up to do.

Catch ya later

F

Le Pet Du Pimp,

It was more of a Dita von tese type burlesque reveal, with lots of hints and knowing suggestion, rather than a full on frontal (if you know what I mean).

I think Dan and Le Pimp were teasing us, but from a quick peek I did on a 5 min chart set up the results were, well quite impressive, and I can't wait for more flesh (now I think I need to get out more).

I would think that Team London Open will probably do a little testing with a tweak here and there before releasing to the masses.

Personally looking forward to the morning as I had a blinking miseable day getting around on the London underground....not a pleasant experience, and with temperatures, well hot, the unpleasantness of the central line was not for those with sensitive noses....nuff said!

Time for a small sniffter me thinks.......what a trade to be had on the FTSE breakout. That's two excellent trading observations in as many days.....and Le Pimp, well he's just pimping pips! Look at his commentary of yesterday morning and this morning and frankly its prescient....

Bye all,

Dita von Rockie

Morning all.

Just a quick one this a.m.

I'm I haven't got a clue what Gold is doing. The Crude is a bit messy to say the least, and the currency pairs; well; was anyone trading in Asia last night?

EURUSD has moved in a 10pip range.

All looking eerily flat, but funnily enough the Gold was traded last night. Something like this : down $1, up $1, down $3, up $3.

Until the price starts moving in a slightly bigger range, I'm doing nothing.

EURUSD & EURJPY do look technically set to move-up. Let's see how the Italian retail sales stokes the fire !

Hi Guys,

Bit sloppy this morning wasn't it with Gold doing nothing ?

Ironic how it drops 50 pips as soon as you close the doors, but nevermind.

If it can continue down it should give some direction to the Dollar. Looking rather attractive to the downside on the 4hr chart, but Crude inventories could screw all that up in a very short space of time.

Here's a little sneaky glimpse of the new gig that dan will reveal during school this afternoon.

Cable short for 25, cable long for 50, GBPJPY long for 50. Easy pickings with the new toy !!

5 minutes chart. Excellent.

I've had a rotten week so far. Down -109 pips. Need to get some pips back, but not revenge trading.

FX Pimp:
Hi Guys, Bit sloppy this morning wasn't it with Gold doing nothing ?Ironic how it drops 50 pips as soon as you close the doors, but nevermind.If it can continue down it should give some direction to the Dollar. Looking rather attractive to the downside on the 4hr chart, but Crude inventories could screw all that up in a very short space of time. Here's a little sneaky glimpse of the new gig that dan will reveal during school this afternoon. Cable short for 25, cable long for 50, GBPJPY long for 50. Easy pickings with the new toy !!

Oh Le Pimp,

You are being very Dita von Tease.....still......showing a little 'flesh' is better than none I suppose. Look forward to more details......coming to a forum near you.....

Nice Pimping as always.......Thought gold was going to break through 883, but no meomentum. Had an oder placed but with the CCI's looking so sorry for themselves I cancelled...may be a play after Uncle Bernie hits us with us but I shan't hold my breath.

Bye for now,

CCIRockie (like zz)

Bloom:
5 minutes chart. Excellent. I've had a rotten week so far. Down -109 pips. Need to get some pips back, but not revenge trading.

Hey Bloom,

Its been a week of challenges....see it as a test....take a coffee and a break, and then review your charts....the trades will come, just be patient! You'll get the pips back, still plenty of time my friend so trade easy.

Rockie bye apple tree waiting for the pips....

Hey all! Yes a bit messy to say the least today. I decided to stay out of everything though i was tempted by the ftse for a short position in early trading when it stalled at the 4hr 20ema.

Also saw a short on crude around the 137.00-15 level when the cci's crossed down at the same time around midday bst but elected to stay out as there seems to be a lack of clarity at present. ironic that both would have been good for a good few pips. Personally i'm taking it as confirmation that there are always opportunites and its best to remain patient. Role on Tomorrow!!!

Reason: