The London Open - page 40

rocwell:
Hey all! Yes a bit messy to say the least today. I decided to stay out of everything though i was tempted by the ftse for a short position in early trading when it stalled at the 4hr 20ema. Also saw a short on crude around the 137.00-15 level when the cci's crossed down at the same time around midday bst but elected to stay out as there seems to be a lack of clarity at present. ironic that both would have been good for a good few pips. Personally i'm taking it as confirmation that there are always opportunites and its best to remain patient. Role on Tomorrow!!!

Hi Rocwell,

Good chat today....very enjoyable banter. I hit some pips today, which was most pleasing....Traded cable a couple of times today. This morning used 15m strategy for 25 and this afternoon used the 5 min template for 26 pip a rooneys.

Given I missed out on the gold trade earlier in the week, then the ftse move yesterday, I was determined not to miss gold again, so packed my tent and stove and sat screen watching...it was like whale watching but with no whales......

You will never guess, so I'll tell you, I closed out from 883 for a short and 68 pips. I followed the strategy and waited for the entry, could have got in a couple of time but bottled it, but then figured, if Le Pimp can pull the trigger, well then so can I. Thanks to Team London Open for that trade. Going to watch some cricket and chill.......looking forward to tomorrow and your right Rocwell, pips, pips everywhere, and you will get your share in the morning.

Keep it going and chin up, otherwise us Roc(k)s will get a bad rep! Have a great day.

All the best,

Aging Rockie.......

Morning boys & girls

Can I assume that Euro is going back to 1.60 ? Not far off it Mr Bernanke is it; ta very much !

Not sure if steaming in to any of these pairs. EURJPY GBPJPY EURUSD all heavily overbought, cable, not so much so. USDCHF is oversold and USFJPY is off the menu. I have never seen such a boring currency pair.

Think I'm going to bin it for the mornnig session, and have a little look at the Ozzie.

Interestingly, Gold is back to where is started and is NOT overbought, so it could be very interesting to see where that goes. I quite like it up, but realize the obstacles in the way. The daily and 4hr 20ema's are there for a start, but with the 60m supporting nicely and the trajectory of the 4hr not so steep now it wouldn't come as a surprise to see it back up in the 900's very soon, but it needs to hold the $890 1st.

With crude falling aggressively yesterday, is this the end of the $150 a barrel speculation? I'm not convinced and the daily 20ema was a good target for all those shorting as it's just bounced off it.

Nothing is jumping out at me but I Wouldn't mind shorting EURJPY possibly later if an anti-strategy presents itself.

I remember calling it about 3 weeks ago in that 'place' at 162.60. It's now at 169.25, almost 700 pips higher.

This little baby must be the only trending market in the FX world.

Let's see what this no-news mornng brings.

Hi Everyone

Well I personally like the new strategy. It is very similar to what I was trading before.

I banked 20 last night before Dan had even finished explaining it.

Today 4 trades, 3 winners and 1 loss. The 1 loss was because i went short instead of long. Haven't done that for a while. Closed straight away for a 3 pip loss....

53 pips today and counting.

Thanks Dan and the MBC team. Adapting to different market conditions is not easy but the team is doing a great job.

Jeremy

GBPUSD 20 pipper attached

Files:
GBP.jpg  124 kb

Good to see the proactive approach to current market conditions. I'm having a lousy week and have lost all discipline. Down about 150 pips, need to regroup. All my good trades have closed too quick and all my bad trades I kept open too long. I seriously sometimes think I should trade opposite to what I'm thinking.

I'll get there.....

Good morning all

Fascinating day to be honest… Most of you taking 2 small EURUSD trades down, on breaks of the MA’s, for 20 pips each…

We then held firm waiting for the 123 setups to come into play..These never happened and interestingly reversed and the 123 plays all happened the other way. This is where the 15min chart comes into play and you mustn’t forget about the bigger picture. Short chart trading is fun and exciting but very responsive so you need to remain vigilant…

With us closing, to listen to the MPC committee, the markets decided to kick off. I am thinking we should actually head for a 7-11am window as many opportunities have come into play around this late morning. Will put it to the group later today and you can decide…

Look at the 123 on EURUSD off 1.5675 to 1.5725. 50 pips

USDCHF 123 from 1.0350 to 1.0300….50 pips

GOLD 123 from 891 to 895….40 pips

CABLE 123 from 1.9775 to 1.9845…70 pips

USDJPY 123 from 107.85 to 107.70… 20 pips

Look at the break of the DAX this am… Simon, Paul, Gareth etc all said they were short at 6638ish…Now at 6580…Thats over 50 pips…

The committee boys also looked at FTSE this am after the open…Thats 60 pips

Ok so i know as a novice you wont take all of these but i have had 4 guys skpe me talling me they have made well over 100 pips this am. Not bad for one session and they are reasonably new to this.

Excellent work and credit to you all.

This will only bet better and better when the markets improve..This is only the start!!!

Dan007

Indeed a prodictive morning. My EurJpy materialized after I had closed it out with a very small loss. Managed to go in again and re-coup AND make 3 pips.

How sad is that ?

Other than that, managed to take a couple of the above.

Can Gold re-test the 900 number as proposed in this morning's post?

It's certainly looking like it with crude trying to recover some of yesterdays losses.

Yeah Dan,

I was in the Dax short but closed it far to early...fear of losing and all that. Emotions eh? I wish I could be a robot from 6am to noon!!

Currently long crude at 135. She's looking good.

Hi Bloom,

I`m not having that good a week, not down on pips but when I get good trades, I seem to soon lose my pips on other trades.

The problem I find is that sometimes you get desperate to make pips, then you go in at the wrong time.

Good luck with your crude, every time I go out for an hour everything seems to move !

Chris

I must be on the worst run of bad fortune. Had to go out for 30 minutes so closed Crude for 40pips. Everytime, and I mean everytime, in the last month I have left a trade open when I was out it has hit my stop loss. Low and behold, freaking Crude soars as I closed my front door. My TP had been set at 13745 originally. That would have been 250 pips.

Hey Bloom,

Unlucky man........at least you have some pips. I was slow out the blocks this morning and have lost pips on 3 occasions. I closed down at 10am, as I just could not see the trends, and went to the garden. Hey, gold goes up 100, crude in to orbit and well, lots of pips, hopefully loads of the London Open Team pocketed pips. I had a nice day yesterday, but today, well it was not pretty. Let take the rough with the smooth, but next time lets me know when you are leaving your trade, as I'll put a cheeky one in Crude!

Keep grinning Bloom - No surrender my friend, no surrender

Absent Rocks...

Reason: