JLPi Grid EA - page 8

The expert advisor I posted can be added to any pair and it will close all positions from all the other pairs too.

pooper scoopers:
The expert advisor I posted can be added to any pair and it will close all positions from all the other pairs too.

Ok, thanks. What does each of the values mean. If I have pips enabled does that mean it will close on the SL and TP values I've chosen in pips? if I set to false what happens? What is Magic and ManageAcc do?

Ok, sorry, NP here are my settings, what should I change for next week to be a little more accurate and conservative?

also, would it me much trouble to add a SL and TP user option so I could do testing with it?

Thanks

TrendInterval=66.00000000

Spread=4

MAPeriod=75

ADXThreshold=20

Percent=5.00000000

MultiplierTrendInterval=1.40000000

Risk=0.20000000

MicroLots=1

MinLots=0.01000000

I am sorry, I do not know what all the values mean as it was given to me by another member. I would leave everything at the defaults as it works well for me that way. The profit target and max loss are the only variables I would change to suit your personal preferences in stop loss and take profits. The only problem I see with it is it controls all pairs even when applied to one chart but for what you need it will work fine since this is what you need.

Ok, thanks. Hey guys, can you explain to me what Trailing Stop does.

MakeGrid193_working

Im testing 2-3 week MakeGrid193_working on GBP/JPY. First few days i left it on 60 Min TF [that first big lose] and than i change on 5 min TF and seem good.

J

Files:

Hi, jlpi! Here are the results of forward testing from 21 March, 4 majors. Max floating minus was about -800.

Regards

Files:
jlpi_grid.htm  33 kb
jlpi_grid.gif  5 kb

Trader83:
Hi, jlpi! Here are the results of forward testing from 21 March, 4 majors. Max floating minus was about -800. Regards

Ok thanks.

That really looks like the expected behaviour of the EA.

Matrixebiz, Idon't see anything wrong in your settings as it should open 1 microlot but I am surprised of the results you gave because how can you have so large float wit hmicrolots?

For the moment I am very busy with my work and other EAs and I don't have time to do modifications on this one. Maybe I will have more time in about 10 days

jlpi, what do you think can happen, if strong trend for about 500 pips starts without any retracements? It can simply happen on GBP\USD or USD\CHF.

Trader83:
jlpi, what do you think can happen, if strong trend for about 500 pips starts without any retracements? It can simply happen on GBP\USD or USD\CHF.

The EA can handle a 500 pips move without retracement if the risk is limited as you set it up in your demo account. I think that even 1000 pips is OK. It is "just" a big drawdown but after some time it should recover(of course if it doesn't go 10 000 pips one way)

Reason: