Fisher Transform - page 4

Hey

The indicator from the first post is defected. It repaints the past value. If you look long enough, you will see the last arrow appear, disappear and sometimes changes from Down to Up.

The expert uses the corrected indicator from https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/194216

When I compile the Fisher Auto v1 EA, I get an error msg. "Function "GetFisher" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file". Will the

EA work properly with this error? Also, I have some questions regarding MT4:

- When using an EA with a stop loss and if you shut down your computer, or

lose your internet connection, will the trailing stop continue to work?

- If you set a manual stop on a pair after an EA generated a trade, would

that cause any functionality problems with the EA if you also have a stop set-up within the EA?

- What are the following fields for from the Input box for the Fisher Auto v1 EA?

- Fisher_period

- TrailingStopMode

- TrailingStopSensitivity

- TrailingStopFactor

- Does the Yur4ik indicator show the same signals as trades generated by the Fisher Auto v1 EA? If not, scorpion - would you post one in this thread?

- What brokers, if any, that utilize MT4, offer server based trailing stops for EA's?

- I am having problems backtesting the Fisher Auto v1 EA - no matter which timeframe I test, it always shows 1 buy. Should there be any problems backtesting this EA?

Does the Yur4ik indicator show the same signals as trades generated by the Fisher Auto v1 EA? If not, scorpion - would you post one in this thread?

I downloaded the two files from the top posting, but I see you have a GetFisher function in the EA file (although the compiler says it isn't referenced and will be removed from the .EXP) So, do I need the original file? How is it supposed to work?

Yes original file is required. Ignore warning for now (will clean up on Monday).

Guys, please redownload the expert from post #17. There's a serious bug in the old one.

Thanks to Mike (eagle4x) for reporting this bug.

To work correctly, we need to put the first file in the Indicators folder and the second in the Experts folder? I'm just not sure how calls work and where they look for things.

Wow Bill you will need to learn to install experts then. I'll be writing a tutorial for you and other newbies.

For now, copy fisher_yur4ik.mq4 to "c:\...\metatrader 4\experts\indicators\" and copy fisher auto v1.mq4 to "c:\...\metatrader 4\experts\". Now restart MT4 terminal, then you should find Fisher Auto v1 in the left navigation window. (it's the left treeview)

Double click the "fisher auto v1" and click OK button. If you see smiley face on the top-right of chart, you're good to go. But if it's a cross, click "Expert Advisors" on toolbar. If it's frowning, double click the smiley and check "Allow live trading".

Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable with indicators now (and writing text on them thanks to your arrows program ) but I'm just starting on the trading thing, which of course is the most important. I understand most of your reversal code, I'm just not sure why you do some things. For example, it looks like most EAs always pass through the orders to modify their trailing stops in the program - so if you shut down or lose internet access, the strailing stops become fixed stops? I need to find a tutorial on the Strategy Testing window: what Recalculate does, how to use symbol properties, how and why to access the start step and stop values in the expert properties, etc.

I've only been fooling with FOREX stuff for a month or so, and it's pretty exciting. I'm waiting to see the results of this new Fisher Reversal EA. Thanks for all the help you give us! Bill in Las Vegas

Even after scorpion revised the Fisher v1 Auto EA, it is still generating buy trades even if the Fisher Yur4ik indicator is red. Is anyone experiencing similar

problems? Any suggestions?

Reason: