Hull Moving Average's Trend System - page 2

Lots_PCT means Lots Percentage. If you want to trade 10% of your account, put 10. It's pretty good for compound. You'll have to switch Use_Lots_PCT (??) to true.

Well, the TS_Mode is where you set the type of trailing stop. There're many like pip-based, ATR based, Previous High or Low (Breakout), etc. It's easy if you want to add custom trailing stop like maybe another HMA.

Right, the EA works with the provided indicator.

I've observed the HMA, it repaints the past bar! Previous bar obviously shown Red, but a moment later it was changed to Blue. Look closely at the backtesting, you'll see there're some orders executed in the middle of Blue or Red. At that time, the color was changing, but the next bar HMA indicator covered it up. That's one tricky indicator...

I ended up having 2 hours free last night, so i put the EA onto M1.

It didn't open any trades at all even though every 15 minutes the indicator changed from red to blue etc.

I'll try it again on Monday, with the default settings.Other than that, i don't know what caused it to do nothing. There was at least 15 pips up and down regularly over the 4 majors i had it on, and the Lots was set low so it should have traded.

RichX7. Your modelling quality was n/a it says.

You should only trust 90% , and then that is wrong 10% of the time

ok.

i wasn't using Scorpion's Hull indicator, just the Russian Colour one.

Tried to strategy test and it said i needed the indicator.

should work fine on Monday.

with 59% modelling quality, i just don't believe what the results say.

Hi Scorpion,

There seems to be some anomalies with the EA as such.

I've been testing it on M1 and M5 just to make sure it trades.

I take it 'extra pips' means how many extra pips it has to move after a colour change before it trades...

anyway, i set that to 0 and 1 and ran two versions.

Most of the time it seems to trade on colour change.

But it sold three times in a row once, not buying when it went blue, even though there were about 3-4 pips upwards movement.

Now the indicator is still blue, and it has cancelled the buy for no reason and has initiated a sell.

Both indicator and EA are set to the same inputs.

Have you any idea what is happening?

screenshot of live demo running

wierd entry points, sometimes no entry points.

Files:
book_1.doc  95 kb

There's an explanation that an order is executed in the middle of blue or red. At that time, the color was changing, but the next bar HMA indicator covered it up. That's because the HMA repaints the color of previous bar.

You see that orders were executed two bars late. In fact, it's executed at the opening of second bar. To realize a color change, the first bar must complete first; it's because HMA is calculated on Close prices.

Extra_Pips should be set to 0. The HMA of current bar must deviate at least Extra_Pips from the HMA of previous bar. So Extra_Pips = 1 might equal to 5 to 10 points of price.

Ok, everything points to the fact HMA covers up many short-term color changes. But let's observe this, when you see a changing color in the current bar, note the color and time. Look for the bar when you come back a few bars later.

I'll modify the code when this bug is confirmed. Keep the EA running...

i was looking at the HMA a while ago but i was looking at selling when a new candle is formed under the HMA and buying when its formed above. still didnt seem to do anything impressive

scorpion:
The system was posted by bradman when he needed this system coded. The system is simple. Long when HMA trend is up, and short when HMA trend is down. Attached is the EA, automated script for metatrader 4, and indicator of this system. You must install both of them. This expert advisor features:
  • You can trade multiple charts or currencies at the same time
  • Stop loss, take profit, breakeven
  • Trailing stop
  • Configurable settings
  • Many hidden features. (Advance users, put "extern" to reveal them)
    • To enable stop loss, set SL_Mode = 1, then you configure SL to suit your style.
    • To enable trailing stop, set TS_Mode = 1. Trailing stop will hit when profit is x pips as specified in TS_Trigger.
    • Configure the indicator by settting HMA_Period and HMA_Mode.
Cheers!

Hello Scorpion,

This system looks very attractive to me! I use 5 min charts on Euro/USD, USD/JPY. Do you think I can use this system on it? By reading all related articles, it doesn't say anything about when to enter and exit.

Should I only follow the sing of changing the colours?

I am able to manage in showing HMA on charts, but I cannot show HMA Trend EA on charts. Does it need to be shown on the charts as well?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you.

Hello Scorpion,

I have one more question regarding setting of Hull MA.

Every time I open MT4, the width of colours I changed (Hull MA) on my charts are changed, so I need to fix it every time. Would you mind letting me know how I can fix the width of colours?

Thank you for your time.

Reason: