The top tenets of mechanical trading - page 9

EA legal side??

Hi guys

ive been around forex demo accounts for about 7 months now, but only manual trading. recently i started to transfer all of what i do into expert advisors.

my question is if there are any legal issues i need to be aware of?

doesnt it sound too good to be true.... you come up with a genius expert advisor that makes you thousands of $$$ every week while you just lie on the beach?

i think i would feel somehow guilty if i make money this way? and will probably be cautious every time somebody knocks on the doors thinking it might be secret services looking for me because i did something very bad???

You have watched far to many movies mate.

If you have an ea that is profitable then great, go forth and make loads of cash and live a happy life.

The only thing you will have look out for are rubbish brokers. So pick a couple of good ones.

and if it's that good sell the signals as well as trade.

Cheers

Beno

Ever hear - Holy Grail

kalorifera:
Hi guys

ive been around forex demo accounts for about 7 months now, but only manual trading. recently i started to transfer all of what i do into expert advisors.

my question is if there are any legal issues i need to be aware of?

doesnt it sound too good to be true.... you come up with a genius expert advisor that makes you thousands of $$$ every week while you just lie on the beach?

i think i would feel somehow guilty if i make money this way? and will probably be cautious every time somebody knocks on the doors thinking it might be secret services looking for me because i did something very bad???

I have been writing and testing my EA theories for a couple of years. Don't worry about it. I think with experience you will find reality, just as I have. The market will enforce itself.

Is this a thread on coding?

ratblat:
Hi all , can anyone please knock me up a simple ea for a ma for a buy signal , i have attemped to do one but when the signal as been hit , the buy order opens and when i reach the target profit off 10 for example , i just want the ea to not open anymore buy signals , i just want it to come below the other ma so when again it reaches the buy signal it will open a new buy trade .. does this make any sense to any of you , MA 10 AND MA 80 , if anyone can knock one up , many thanks pete

I just now found this thread and it is a challenge to KNOW THE MARKET and your trading self. As far as coding a signal to buy only once and wait for retrace or new signal - I am absolutely certain that can be found by study. But I will throw this in - I use latches.(variables of true or false) Condition 1 sets latch - condition 2 resets latch (simplest form) Use global variables. Remember that each tick resets locals that are not passed. Design first, learn rules, code and debug. Basic stuff.

BT and conventional trading--

why BT will never work >> good post ... agreed too-

i try and keep it simple [after few years of market research tho]

why BT will never work : trying and crack the market (if one wants to get out of the RR, martingal/anti-, and other probabilistic ways) requires a bit more than using indiz the way they come (as this wont work unless several other variables are added) and thinking BT can help you decipher the market in the LT range is the mistake of a life time and pure misunderstanding of the very nature of the markets.

BT will not REPLACE the knowledge a young trader HAS TO acquire -- that s a given. (and i dont see HOW BT can help, as some people suggested ; as it is like sailing and trying to analyse and give meaning to every wave you are riding ... they are all different ALTHO they have something in common ... more on this)

To try and understand the market, one has to get closer to what is holding the general rules of Universal laws ... so good luck if you try and "scalp" without a clear plan.

This is the most ruthless business ever, being armed with BT only will get you nowhere ... even with large account.

You need at least a well spread system, with several variables and set-ups...

anything less than this will bring you back into the 95%-clan.

Then in the LT (long term) you need to acquire knowledge other than learning formulas by heart or mastering R/R scenarii.

...for a little hint : direct yourself towards Strange Attractors.

and stay off EAs, analysts retentive sh**, news trading and beware of your broker(s).

g/lk to all

exni

Roets:
Be wary what you say about GOD, HE is not a human and just believe HE surely CARES.

Sure GOD cares "to make sure it as difficult as possible to predict future"

other ways who would go to work and do things for us speculators who want something for nothing

20. Backtesting and forward testing of EA's is virtually useless for purposes other than debugging code logic. The price action data feed of a live account is manipulated by the broker. Brokers use computer monitored algorithms to randomly squash the amplitude of true price volatility to fake out EA indicators and trade logic.

I never seen a broker to manipulate price 50 or 100 pips

maybe if EA is scalping a placing tight stops they can fish you out but other then that I don't believe this

Elfive 9:
Here are a few more:

19. The data feed of a broker demo account is actually more representative of true market price action than a live account feed because it isn't manipulated.

20. Backtesting and forward testing of EA's is virtually useless for purposes other than debugging code logic. The price action data feed of a live account is manipulated by the broker. Brokers use computer monitored algorithms to randomly squash the amplitude of true price volatility to fake out EA indicators and trade logic.

21. Your trading activities are absolutely and continuously on the radar of your broker, and traders that are too profitable are unknowingly subject to more stringent price manipulation techniques.

And your proof of all this is?...

16. Two high probability trades yielding 15 pips each and using a lot size of 50 is all you need each week.

I remember someone asked me one : " Can't you just put more money on the trades that obvious are having better chances to win ?" well, it will be great, isn't it to know before which entry is good and which one is not .

So, about nr 16 : if your entry doesn't have a "high probability" you shouldn't take it in the first place, but we never know my friend, anything can happen anytime.

However, if you want to go on this note, let me tell you something else : show me 1 (one) pip profit every day and I'll make you rich . only one pip...

Reason: