I just upgraded to 1065. My advice is that before you do the upgrade to save your Old Controls folder. I had modified my defines.mqh file with all of my custom colors and settings and the new upgrade over wrote them all. HindSight is 20/20. Also this upgrade claims to fix the problem with not being able to change charts or change settings. It does NOT fix that issue.
Fortunately I had already figured out what the problem is and had fixed my previous installation. With the newly installed files you will get this when you change time frame and back or change the settings
This not a bug. defines.mqh are default values that the system sets and can be updated for any release. You shouldn't be modifying them.
If you don't like the defaults you should define your own macros with new names that don't clash with the system ones.
Also, if you really feel the need to hack the system defined headers then you should keep backups of all your changes before every release (a unnecessary, painful process)
With build 1065 I am still having the problem which started with build 1045:
After restarting MT4, some EAs are not re-initialized.
Do you guys have the same problem?
I agree that there is no bug in the defines.mqh file. My post contained two different issues. Perhaps I was not clear.
1.The first was just a reminder that if you have customized your default colors in the define.mqh file so that your particular 'branded' products continue to have the same look to them. Otherwise you will have to re-enter your customized colors in the new define.mqh.
2. There is an issue with a default file that comes in the library. An issue which I have personally resolved in my installation. The issue is this... If you create an Expert with an AppDialog in it and then load it on a chart, when you change to another timeframe and back again, it will not display properly. Or... if you change an external setting of the ea and click on ok,,, then do it a second time, it will not display correctly. THAT is the bug.
This is the problem that this version is supposed to have fixed.
The MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1065 will be released on 23 March, 2017. In the new version, an error has been fixed connected with the restart of Expert Advisors on charts after switching timeframes. Now, Expert Advisors do not stop, and are correctly re-initialized.
Below I have attached 2 files.
The SampleAppDialogEA.mq4 file is the simple dialog ea.
Compile it using your newly acquired 1065 files and then put it on a chart and then change to another timeframe and back. Or, instead you can change the external setting from 7 to 8 and then press ok. You will think that every thing is fine... but then change the 8 to something else and press ok. you are now locked up.
The SampleAppDialogEAfixed.ex4 file is the file I generate using my 'hacked' control files which have this bug corrected.
Hopefully this will make my point clear... that is if I uploaded the correct files.
Couple few things..
1) Can you send us your hacked control file for comparison ?
2) I changed the global AppDialog from an object to a pointer then new/deleted it in the Init/DeInit methods and that improved the behaviour.
3) I get bad behaviour on many builds - 1010, 1055 1065, so I'm either seeing a different issue or this has been a bug for months.
4) Maybe the re-initialisation error they fixed in 1065 has nothing to do with your dialog redraw issues.
I just checked the log files.
On MT4 close all EAs are closed (uninit reason 9)
On MT4 start sometimes a few EAs are not loaded and initialized (no entry for these EAs appear in the logs after uninit reason 9 and removed)
Exactly the same as in build 1045. Never ever had this problem before build 1045.
The possible reason is that deinit function is working too long.
Please check this case. Just add two calls of Print function at the beginning of deinit function and at the end of deinit function. And also add similar calls in the init function. It might clarify the problem.
I can confirm this issue.
Yesterday i started the terminals on my developer client and the only thing that appears was the first line of the comment on every single chart.
I had to restart the terminal this morning again and now it seems to run fine.
This issue appeared at first with build 1045. Build 1031 was working perfectly fine.
After the upgrade, I have noticed something really weird happening during the run.
1) Custom indicators do not return correct values - seemed charts frozen. As a result, my position was closed prematurely.
2) Today, I caught another problem. Somehow, EA lost indicators and MT4 could not reload these indicators from the Indicator subfolder - had to restart the terminal to make it work again. Here is the message from the logfile:
21:14:48.378 cannot load 'C:\Users\PC\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\18DF09243A91186C54A31762CBFB56CE\MQL4\indicators\HSB.ex4'
As is, this version is so unreliable and has already impacted two real live trades. If this continues, I have to stop trading all together. MT4 used to have these problems and they resolved the issue some time ago. Now it has resurfaced.