New metatrader 4 compatible indicators - page 124

on my own:
Is there something that we should pay attention regarding compatibility? So that we do not need to ask for everything

The usual is to pay attention to compiler errors and warning, but in the case of new metatrader 4 that does not mean that the stuff will work. Even without any compiler or any runtime errors shown, you might find that something is not working. And it seems that the newest build (660) is one more step in that direction (being worse than the previous builds)

Sorry, but no guarantee at all that some code will work properly with these new builds

Period_Converter

This is a handy indicator that allows the user to create non-standard time intervals, such as 20 mins or 2 hrs.

Naturally it was working fine before the new MT4 updates, and now it fails.

When I attach the indicator, the Terminal/Experts tab shows "loaded successfully" then immediately shows "removed".

Can this indicator be made to be compatible with the new MT4 Build?

Thank you for your help.

Files:

michaelB:
This is a handy indicator that allows the user to create non-standard time intervals, such as 20 mins or 2 hrs.

Naturally it was working fine before the new MT4 updates, and now it fails.

When I attach the indicator, the Terminal/Experts tab shows "loaded successfully" then immediately shows "removed".

Can this indicator be made to be compatible with the new MT4 Build?

Thank you for your help.

michaelB

Try using this one instead : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183798/page19

Hello mladen,

I need your help with modifying an indicator.

Attached is a simple inside bar indicator.

I would love to have the high-to-low range of the inside bar being displayed above or below the bar itself, or in another separate indicator window.

Also, for example, if the inside bar is 50 pips, I would want to have an indication of 50 pips Above and Below that inside bar, and whereby the indication continues to be shown until either one is hit, the break above 50 pips or break below 50 pips. It is something like the very common support and resistance indicator just that the support and resistance is for each inside bar that is (high low range)pips above and below.

attached is my inside bar indicator.

THANK U SO MUCH mladen. any help is appreciated.

Files:
nr4id.mq4  2 kb

Hi Mladen,

I have attached a very good free custom forex indicator but is not compatible with the newer mt4. Please check if you can make it compatible. If you can I think it will us in reducing the noise in the market.

Your name is in the indicator as one of the originators of the indicator. I don't know what is wrong with mt4. Please if you give me the download links when you finish. You can also help others with if you like.

Let me thank you again for giving us one of the best forex forum in the world. Most of my indicators, I got it from this forum including the ones I bought from you. This 50 period RSI with 25 EMA will also help as we learn the act of forex trading.

I Wish You The Best,

Hi Mladen,

I have attached a very good free custom forex indicator but is not compatible with the newer mt4. Please check if you can make it compatible. If you can I think it will us in reducing the noise in the market.

Your name is in the indicator as one of the originators of the indicator. I don't know what is wrong with mt4. Please if you give me the download links when you finish. You can also help others with if you like.

Let me thank you again for giving us one of the best forex forum in the world. Most of my indicators, I got it from this forum including the ones I bought from you. This 50 period RSI with 25 EMA will also help as we learn the act of forex trading.

Files:

aus316:
Hi Mladen,

This should be it : rsi_bdv09_01_26_nmc.mq4

Happy trading

Files:

Is P4L PeriodCon 1.02.ex4 still the most recent update to the periodcon indicators? Mine has been acting a little buggy lately.

Jaquanburton:
Is P4L PeriodCon 1.02.ex4 still the most recent update to the periodcon indicators? Mine has been acting a little buggy lately.

That is a perfect example about metaquotes promises : the ex4 file was not changed, it was working OK and then, with new builds, bugs appear. Since the ex4 file did not change, the only thing that rests that can cause problems is the metatader 4 itself. So, now we can all remember the promises that all previously existing ex4 files are going to work as before.

Now, can you please explain, what kind of problems you are having, and with which build?

Can somebody fix this, please?

Files:
mindhero.mq4  6 kb
Reason: