Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 38

I can't imagine how complex indicator like ZUP indicator will run on "new MT4".

matfx:
I can't imagine how complex indicator like ZUP indicator will run on "new MT4".

Not so much about the complexity

Maybe even ZUP will work if you try it out on a new metatrader 4. The problem is that the list of bugs is very long (just see the bugs that komposter reported on metaquotes site), that the problems are random and that the problems are hitting fields that never should be the ones having problems - since they are basics of any stable trading platform

How and when are we going to trust new metatrader 4 to let it trade instead of us (the EAs) when not even the simplest condition of a safe trading (using signals from simple custom indicators) is not reliable and we can not trust it?

Build 539 came today

No significant changes - they are not telling what is fixed, but same old bugs continue to cause same old problems

And still not a single post regarding new metatrader 4 in the English speaking part of metaquotes site. Now it becomes significant (that silence)

techmac:
And still not a single post regarding new metatrader 4 in the English speaking part of metaquotes site. Now it becomes significant (that silence)

It is probably because a compiler is having so many errors that nobody bothers to post those errors any more

Build 540 today. Still same bugs - the most serious : indicator called using iCustom() is not unloaded from memory when called from a master indicator and when time frames or symbols are changed. Still can not make a single file multi time frame since it freezes the terminal. And so on ...

New year is coming - maybe next year we shall see a usable new metatrader 4

techmac:
New year is coming - maybe next year we shall see a usable new metatrader 4

I don't know

The way it is going now is too slow and too uncertain for any estimate. If the errors that I have noticed were corrected I would incline to think that they are going into correct direction. This way, I simply can not understand what are they checking if they are not checking things that are a basis of any EA or any indicator?

Guys, forget about new year

The list of bugs is too long for that

Build 541 : a tiny progress, but progress. Still a problem with passing some types of parameters but now at least it does not kill your terminal (passed values of parameters - string parameters for one - are incorrect)

Reason: