Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 270

braintheboss:
Its true but after many years avoiding to add hedge to MT5, enable it now dont have any reason. Only if you want use 1 platform only

Sorry, I do not understand. Why is a change a sign of a weakness? Isn't that way of trading what we were asking for to be changed? And isn't the US SEC that banned hedging and that disables any broker that wants to accept US traders/customers to have hedging (regardless of what trading platform is used)?

techmac:
Sorry, I do not understand. Why is a change a sign of a weakness? Isn't that way of trading what we were asking for to be changed? And isn't the US SEC that banned hedging and that disables any broker that wants to accept US traders/customers to have hedging (regardless of what trading platform is used)?

When they made MT5 they split platform in 2 pieces. The logical way is put all in one platform. A few years later they do it. When they accept nobody will use it...

braintheboss:
When they made MT5 they split platform in 2 pieces. The logical way is put all in one platform. A few years later they do it. When they accept nobody will use it...

I still do not understand. Aren't you praising all the good things that mt5 can do?

Anyway, does not matter. It is not us deciding

It looks to me that one important part of MT5 hedging system is overlooked : it is a software solution. And being a software solution it places MT5 in a unique position among all the trading platforms valid for US regulated brokers. All in all, it is not a step back or a compromise, but a step toward something that is not available otherwise on any other trading platform meant to be used honoring US regulations. Just my 5 cents

mladen:
It looks to me that one important part of MT5 hedging system is overlooked : it is a software solution. And being a software solution it places MT5 in a unique position among all the trading platforms valid for US regulated brokers. All in all, it is not a step back or a compromise, but a step toward something that is not available otherwise on any other trading platform meant to be used honoring US regulations. Just my 5 cents

Then if is not real hedge, I don't see reason for go to MT5

techmac:

I still do not understand. Aren't you praising all the good things that mt5 can do?

Anyway, does not matter. It is not us deciding

I'm sorry. My English is far to be good. I love MT5 features because are better than MT4 for complex projects but I would like MQ choose one platform. That will be better for everybody

braintheboss:
Then if is not real hedge, I don't see reason for go to MT5

That is exactly the point (as far as US NFA is concerned)

Please read my post again

mladen:

That is exactly the point (as far as US NFA is concerned)

Please read my post again

Ok. Sometimes I have problem for understand fine. I think you say at this moment MT5 is only software support FIFO and hedge rules covering all markets, dont you?

braintheboss:
Ok. Sometimes I have problem for understand fine. I think you say at this moment MT5 is only software support FIFO and hedge rules covering all markets, dont you?

By NFA Compliance Rule 2-43 (details here : http://www.nfa.futures.org/nfa-faqs/compliance-faqs/compliance-rule-2-43-QA.HTML ) US residents (and US regulated brokers) can not use and can not allow hedging. The only trading platform that enables something as close as possible to hedging in cases like that is, to my knowledge, per moment, the new MT5

mladen:
By NFA Compliance Rule 2-43 (details here : http://www.nfa.futures.org/nfa-faqs/compliance-faqs/compliance-rule-2-43-QA.HTML ) US residents (and US regulated brokers) can not use and can not allow hedging. The only trading platform that enables something as close as possible to hedging in cases like that is, to my knowledge, per moment, the new MT5

But I understand hedge will be for outside US. For that they split accounts types. In my case if hedge is same than MT4 and in a future brokers support it I will jump to MT5. Im live in Europe and I dont suffer US regulation

Reason: