Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 271

braintheboss:
But I understand hedge will be for outside US. For that they split accounts types. In my case if hedge is same than MT4 and in a future brokers support it I will jump to MT5. Im live in Europe and I dont suffer US regulation

We are not talking about outside the US

We are talking about US and its forex market share (judge from this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_exchange_market what percentage of forex market are we talking about :

Markets outside US were never forced to do what NFA enforced, that is true, but the percentage that US forex market takes is anything but neglectable and it is rather strange that such a state of the matter is intact - makes me wonder what are the real interests of US regulated brokers when it comes to their customers (traders)

Files:
capture_1.jpg  42 kb

mladen:

We are not talking about outside the US

We are talking about US and its forex market share (judge from this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_exchange_market what percentage of forex market are we talking about :

Markets outside US were never forced to do what NFA enforced, that is true, but the percentage that US forex market takes is anything but neglectable and it is rather strange that such a state of the matter is intact - makes me wonder what are the real interests of US regulated brokers when it comes to their customers (traders)

I think they want make money faster possible. I think FIFO rules only benefit to big boys/brokers, never benefit to small clients. Its like banks. Not big difference

braintheboss:
I'm sorry. My English is far to be good. I love MT5 features because are better than MT4 for complex projects but I would like MQ choose one platform. That will be better for everybody

Probably - but I kind of like the choice possibility

techmac:
Probably - but I kind of like the choice possibility

But current situation do happen things like MT4 have offline charts and MT5 have multicurrency tester. And you can't use both is same platform doing you have code bridge for can use it. And that complicate easy things if they only have one platform

braintheboss:
But current situation do happen things like MT4 have offline charts and MT5 have multicurrency tester. And you can't use both is same platform doing you have code bridge for can use it. And that complicate easy things if they only have one platform

Frankly that tells that they did their job

Otherwise they would just extend mt4. This way they made two completely different trading platforms and they can target whatever market they want

painfully ... obj_chart is not implemented in mql4.

Anyway:

You can use normal charts and modify window borders with Win32. You will have chart with full features, not limited like obj_chart

Anyway:

Not too much use of that

Today I learnt this news on the mql4 site:

Terminal: In addition to hedging support, the new platform version provides wider opportunities for migrating accounts from MetaTrader 4. Now, brokers can automatically transfer accounts to MetaTrader 5, including all operations: open and pending orders, and complete trading history.

which brought me to a conclusion, that they really would migrate the users to the MT5. Also, there has not been any activity around MQL4 recently (no language improvement), while the MT5 had several releases meanwhile, including adding the tick data files support.

Ovo:
Today I learnt this news on the mql4 site:

Terminal: In addition to hedging support, the new platform version provides wider opportunities for migrating accounts from MetaTrader 4. Now, brokers can automatically transfer accounts to MetaTrader 5, including all operations: open and pending orders, and complete trading history.

which brought me to a conclusion, that they really would migrate the users to the MT5. Also, there has not been any activity around MQL4 recently (no language improvement), while the MT5 had several releases meanwhile, including adding the tick data files support.

The other day I made same comment. Now I have moderator confirmation ( service desk people dont answer me same thing )

If you are not aware about it, you have to know that Metaquotes is pushing hard for traders and brokers to adopt MT5. They are currently developing MT5/mql5 to fill in all the missing features that prevent the switch to MT5 from MT4.

Reason: