Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 272

Those changes should have been done a long time ago. If I were a mt boss I would do the same : ask from developers to deliver (finally) and sell it for more money

techmac:
Those changes should have been done a long time ago. If I were a mt boss I would do the same : ask from developers to deliver (finally) and sell it for more money

If you were an MQ CEO, I would ask you why you invested into the MQL4 improvements and now you want to retire it.

Ovo:
If you were an MQ CEO, I would ask you why you invested into the MQL4 improvements and now you want to retire it.

Maybe he understood it's cheaper have only one platform...

braintheboss:
Maybe he understood it's cheaper have only one platform...

Definitively, but it seems like they voted for MT4 and then something made them to change their minds. They effectively spent two years by feeding the project for converging the MT4 to MT5, and then they started the convergence from the other way round. Well, the purpose is the same, but time (and money) is lost. Sometimes a quick decision is better than the correct decision.

Ovo:
Definitively, but it seems like they voted for MT4 and then something made them to change their minds. They effectively spent two years by feeding the project for converging the MT4 to MT5, and then they started the convergence from the other way round. Well, the purpose is the same, but time (and money) is lost. Sometimes a quick decision is better than the correct decision.

I am using MT4 for my trading as this allows me to do trading easily and with minimal amounts of risks

I vastly prefer MT4 too. I tried MT5 back when it didn't allow hedging and that was the reason why I gave up on it, actually. I am used to MT4 now, so I wouldn't return to MT5 even though I know there's heding option now.

Ovo:

Really is not wasted time. Was smart movement. They needed people learn and adapt tools to MT5 language. Forcing it in MT4 they accomplished this goal. Do you remember when they requested minimum build for trading (b600+)? Now they only let mt4 died like mt3 when was discontinued...

Ovo:

I don't see anything of that

As I see, mt5 with new features is easier to sell and easier to use by users that are using mt4. So, if mt5 can be sold better with minimal changes then why not doing it?

techmac:

I don't see anything of that

As I see, mt5 with new features is easier to sell and easier to use by users that are using mt4. So, if mt5 can be sold better with minimal changes then why not doing it?

The word is, that I do not believe such a company plans tricky 2-year period only for users to feel more comfortable before a change. They rather changed their minds. The goal seems to have a single product, and the goal was the same two years ago.

So, IMHO they lost two years by MQL4 updates. Perhaps they have hit some limit in MT4, or the MT5 team got stronger support recently, god knows.

Ovo:

The word is, that I do not believe such a company plans tricky 2-year period only for users to feel more comfortable before a change. They rather changed their minds. The goal seems to have a single product, and the goal was the same two years ago.

So, IMHO they lost two years by MQL4 updates. Perhaps they have hit some limit in MT4, or the MT5 team got stronger support recently, god knows.

I don't agree, but lets agree that we don't agree

Reason: