Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 264

whisperer:
That is good news. Is it safe to update mt4?

From what I have seen till now, yes, it is safe

whisperer:
That is good news. Is it safe to update mt4?

It is safe

I refer you can see compiler fixes in MT5 blog seeing post about MT5 changelog because compiler have same numeration ( have same MT5 icon too when you open MT4 editor ). About MT4 terminal evident nobody know changes because they don't give information. Is not perfect but is something... :S

The speed contorol bar of Strategy Tester disappeared with the new build. Now test goes in very very slow speed only. Does anyone have the same problem?

Will they give up Mt5 instead of Mt4?

RedBrics:
Will they give up Mt5 instead of Mt4?

They will not give up anything

Hello guys,

With the current versions of MT4, is there a way to block the updates ?

Can you point me to the right direction please ?

Thanks !

Big Joe:
Hello guys,

With the current versions of MT4, is there a way to block the updates ?

Can you point me to the right direction please ?

Thanks !

Add /skipupdate to command line when starting the terminal.exe

checkin:
Add /skipupdate to command line when starting the terminal.exe

Thanks for the trick.

I also applied this one :

1) right-click on blank area of desktop and create a new blank textfile called WebInstall.txt.

2) Rename the file to WebInstall [without the .txt extension]. You may have to go to Windows Explorer > Folder and Search options > View Tab > UN-check 'hide file extensions for known file types' In the same window, also select 'show hidden files, folders, and drives' radio button.

3) Set the WebInstall file to 'read-only. Right-click on the the file > Properties > General Tab > Check 'Read-Only' > Apply/OK.

4) Delete the WebInstall folder in both places C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes \ and C:\ProgramData\Metaquotes

5) Copy the WebInstall file [read-only], to each location.

Big Joe:

Thanks for the trick.

I also applied this one :

1) right-click on blank area of desktop and create a new blank textfile called WebInstall.txt.

2) Rename the file to WebInstall [without the .txt extension]. You may have to go to Windows Explorer > Folder and Search options > View Tab > UN-check 'hide file extensions for known file types' In the same window, also select 'show hidden files, folders, and drives' radio button.

3) Set the WebInstall file to 'read-only. Right-click on the the file > Properties > General Tab > Check 'Read-Only' > Apply/OK.

4) Delete the WebInstall folder in both places C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes \ and C:\ProgramData\Metaquotes

5) Copy the WebInstall file [read-only], to each location.

You can do that too, but that is a "dirty trick" /skipupdate is simple and you can have one instance updating and another not - you control all

Reason: