MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 4

jet:
Stop complaining. You should be using Metatrader .... >cut

I do not know now to whom you are refering to and probably you are right that there are more advanced trading platform around, but what exactly all this consideration has to do with the hedging issue?

The hedging issue itself has nothing to do with platform. It is a regulatory issue. If you want to be able to backtest hedging trades, use a more flexible platform that will allow hedging backtests. The Metaquotes guy himself said that the platform is mainly for executing trades and not doing quant work. If you want to do quant work see my previous post. If you are just masterbating, don't complain.

aurigafx:
I do not know now to whom you are refering to and probably you are right that there are more advanced trading platform around, but what exactly all this consideration has to do with the hedging issue?

jet:
The hedging issue itself has nothing to do with platform. It is a regulatory issue.

No it is not. There is not only US in the world. Did you know that?

If you want to be able to backtest hedging trades, use a more flexible platform that will allow hedging backtests.

Hedging backtest helps, but what I need is hedging trading.

The Metaquotes guy himself said that the platform is mainly for executing trades and not doing quant work.

Not in this thread;

If you want to do quant work see my previous post. If you are just masterbating, don't complain.

My dear friend, I really think you have to calm down.

- I think I've explained my point quite clearly, and it has nothing to do with quant.

- This thread is about MT platform, witch I will continue to use or not to use if and when I'll decide so. I'll surely give a serious look to other platform.

If you don't like what I write, just ignore me and stop with this nonsense.

Thankyou

Rob

Excuse mne for the bad quoting.

Rob

jet:
The hedging issue itself has nothing to do with platform. It is a regulatory issue. If you want to be able to backtest hedging trades, use a more flexible platform that will allow hedging backtests. The Metaquotes guy himself said that the platform is mainly for executing trades and not doing quant work. If you want to do quant work see my previous post. If you are just masterbating, don't complain.

Jet:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

aurigafx:
My dear friend, I really think you have to calm down.

- I think I've explained my point quite clearly, and it has nothing to do with quant.

- This thread is about MT platform, witch I will continue to use or not to use if and when I'll decide so. I'll surely give a serious look to other platform.

If you don't like what I write, just ignore me and stop with this nonsense.

Thankyou

Rob

Yeah, You're right. The hedging were only banned by NFA and not others. All non-US broker is not affected by the rules set-up by NFA.

jet:
Besides, none of you are making any money consistently because you keep writing useless indicators that are all a variant of the first or second derivative of price. Get with the program, read papers in the Quantitative Finance section of the physics archives and do something constructive.

What an arrogant reply.

Yes, some of us just want to automate their already working strategies and have already done that with mql4 and just want to continue using them.

I have no problem with programming my own fix gateway which is probably the next task I'm going to do but I would much rather not do anything. Time is money.

The truth is that profitable methods don't have to be complicated. However if you really want to go to more complex derivative stuff then metatrader shouldn't obviously be your choice and you are talking to wrong crowd.

I know much more about system design than you probably ever will. Make a constructive statement rather than a one line empty response.

thor68:
Jet: You have no idea what you are talking about.

Point me to a third party verified forex trading strategy with several years of live track record and shut me up. People like to think that forex trading is simple, but it is hardest. Stocks and futures are easier because you have skewed statistics to one side. Anyway, I would love to be proven wrong. PLEASE prove me wrong.

The only one I know of is the 2007 MT4 championship winner. His strategy quite complicated. He says this himself in his interview.

mikkom:
What an arrogant reply.

Yes, some of us just want to automate their already working strategies and have already done that with mql4 and just want to continue using them.

I have no problem with programming my own fix gateway which is probably the next task I'm going to do but I would much rather not do anything. Time is money.

The truth is that profitable methods don't have to be complicated. However if you really want to go to more complex derivative stuff then metatrader shouldn't obviously be your choice and you are talking to wrong crowd.

anyway back to MQ5

I am hoping that there will be the option to customise the toolbars, not going to be wanting to see all those extra time zone if they are not being used.

Reason: