Wishes for MT5 - page 6

Renat писал(а) :
I didn't mention 9 years of practical experience in this matter for nothing - this topic is closed.

The reason is simple - MT5 does not allow bars with zero tick volume.

For those who want to easily and understandably circumvent the problems associated with unsynchronised bars of trading instruments:

look out for full working MT4-ECN solutions - they were created for traders, taking into account their long-standing informed wishes. Unfortunately, MT5 is inferior to such solutions in the trading part in many ways...

getch:

The reason is simple - MT5 does not allow bars with zero tick volume.

The reason is not correct.

look out for full working MT4-ECN solutions - they were created for traders, taking into account their long-standing informed wishes. Unfortunately, MT5 is inferior to such solutions in the trading part in many ways...

Verbatim, with the real situation being more or less exactly the opposite.

And please keep in mind that MT5 has not been released yet, nor has it really worked with the exchanges. There is beta testing in progress. Wait a few months - step by step all the features of the system will open.

Renat писал(а) :
Verbatim, with the real situation being more or less exactly the opposite.

And please keep in mind that MT5 has not been released yet, nor has it really worked with exchanges. Beta-testing is going on. Wait a few months - step by step all the features of the system will open.

A brief comparative analysis of MT4-ECN and MT5:

1. PartialFills- available in MT4-ECN, will most likely be available in MT5.
  2. Limit orders(including TakeProfit) in the order book - available in MT4-ECN, most likely to be available in MT5.
  3. Access to the tick history directly from MQL - available in MT4-ECN, not planned in MT5.
  4. Access to Market Depth market depth data from MQL - available in MT4-ECN, most likely to be available in MT5.
  5. Local option - available in MT4-ECN, not planned in MT5 (net concept).
  6. Possibility to launch multiple Expert Advisors - exists in MT4-ECN, not implemented in MT5 (net-concept).
  7. Possibility to trade Expert Advisors and hands simultaneously on different machines - is available in MT4-ECN, not implemented in MT5 (net-concept).
  8. ECN-execution(guaranteed full execution of Limit orders at price crossing) - exists in MT4-ECN, most likely will be available in MT5.
  9. Bid, Ask and Avg bars ((Bid + Ask) / 2) with history with broker - available in MT4-ECN, likely to be available in MT5.
  10. No divergence of bars of different (FOREX) trading instruments - is available in MT4-ECN, is not planned in MT5.
  11. The possibility of netting and non-netting trading with a powerful mechanism of virtual positions on the broker's side - is available in MT4-ECN, is not planned in MT5 (net-concept).

Sounds a lot like bloated software, spiced up with marketing ticks.

1. There's one in MT5.
  2. Existing in MT5.
  3. Not in MT5, but it is possible to save ticks if necessary
  4. Yes MT5
  5. Not planned in MT5 because of the different ideology
  6. Yes, MT5 (why this restriction?)
  7. Yes in MT5 (why this restriction?)
  8. Exist in MT5 - it depends on the execution side, not on the platform
  9. Bid - standard history storage and the rest is contrivance
  10. There is in MT5, M1 history, very well synchronized
  11. Not in MT5, for that is the ideology.

Anyway, they couldn't even get the table right - they made up their own distinctions to be misleading.

Also, I have no doubt at all that all of the above glitches with terrible force and has a lot of limitations, being a custom add-on for some one or more companies. It cannot become a mass-produced product.

In their attempts to stand out, marketing experts of some companies (being our clients!) are not even averse to make a great comparison table (it happened more than once in relation to MT4) and invent new names for old solutions.

I appreciate your point about the Cossack. No, I am an independent party. And the name MT4-ECN was invented by me.

Perhaps overconfidence and disregard for other people's products are qualities which help you to promote your own product...

Anyone can have doubts about a product. Both MT4-ECN and MT5. I can only say for myself - I actively use all above points in real trading on MT4-ECN. I did not notice any glitches, that is why I listed them point by point.

Concerning points 6 and 7:

The issue of reliable implementation of cumulative position structure accounting has been raised many times. Even in tech support, this problem has you assigned a "Pending" status. You still have not presented a simple EA that can work independently of the others. So you can always stop it and run it anywhere, and it will pick up information about its previous actions and its state. It is thanks to point 11 that this problem is easily solved in MT4 by means of MQL4.

You don't fully realize the functionality needed by a trader-programmer. For example, collecting ticks by yourself is great. But what if the connection is broken or something like that?
It's great to understand that you can do everything yourself via FIX API. But why should everyone reinvent the wheel?

Regarding point 9:
Analyzing the situation based on Bid-bars is one-sided. As well as on the basis of Ask-bars. With a floating spread, the adequate estimation of the tester's results can only be based on the Avg-bars. And the entire logic of the Expert Advisor should be symmetric with respect to Bid/Ask prices. I.e. based on the average price and its history, as well as on the spread history.

Yes, it is unpleasant to hear criticism of your product, I understand. But let's treat each other with respect. I am an independent trader-programmer and from my experience I know what functionality I and my colleagues demand. Note that we are not talking about frills, but about really important conceptual things.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте - Документация по MQL5

I did not say or mean anything about the Cossack. Although the list of items is full of twists and special understatements.

In MT5 there is an aggregate position and we haven't promised to provide any means of working of multiple Expert Advisors on a single symbol. This follows from the very ideology of the aggregate position. Trading more than one Expert Advisor on the same symbol is nonsense. But there is no need to start a new chorus on this subject.

If someone from our company has responded gently (status deferred), it only means that they do not want to be confrontational. Unfortunately, I am the one who has to dot the i's and cross the t's.

About the tics: a lot of practical experience allows us to make balanced decisions. I've been saying for years "there is no truth in market noise", but pipsers don't believe it (they learn only from their own experience), demand ticks and come up with "average bars". In general, MT5 has a spread for each bar, which solves a lot of problems in the tester.

We have made automatic access to the huge M1 history for each symbol. And traders are already making complaints because of the amount of traffic and resources required.

ps: to understand our decisions, you need to take into account that a sufficient part of external requests are poison pills, which lead to the death of the project. but not everyone thinks about it, because they live in a one-way evaluation mode.

What truth in market noise are we talking about! Do you think tick history is only needed for hard pipsing? Do you have rich and successful trading experience? You have suffered from tick strategies in your brokerage company. And generalized this experience to all other strategies. You are still under the illusion of being thick-skinned, etc. Have you done any research on market feeds? I'm not talking about baloney RC feeds on MT4. But about real market (not bank indicative) feeds of Currenex, EBS, Barclays, HotSpotFXi etc. Have you traded the RTS index, used arbitrage strategies in the stock markets? So why impose your erroneous point of view!

Note, MT4-ECN does not provide an unlimited tick history, only a certain number (thousands) of extreme ticks through MQL. And believe me, it's enough to significantly extend the scope of price analysis and increase profitability.

About the deliriousness of trading several Expert Advisors on one symbol:
Rude, but where did you get that from? In the current MT5 it is not only impossible to trade with several Expert Advisors on one symbol, but you cannot trade with one hand and one Expert Advisor on one symbol. So you have given only two options: either with hands or with one Expert Advisor. There is no other way! What is used by practicing traders you call nonsense.

And you won't understand about Avg-bars in the tester until you trade and start analyzing certain situations. It's normal for you that in MT4 and MT5 all analysis is one-sided. Why the Bid-bars and not the Ask-bars? You think there is no difference. In the Strategy Tester, test the strategy using Ask bars and see the striking result with Bid-bars. The logic should be symmetry (equality), not one-sidedness.

About the netting concept:
It has been publicly shown how MT4 turns into netting position accounting. That netting is not a concept, but an agreement on the presentation of trading information.

With all due respect, have some courage to question the inflexibility of your points.
Алгоритм генерации тиков в тестере стратегий терминала MetaTrader 5
Алгоритм генерации тиков в тестере стратегий терминала MetaTrader 5
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 5 позволяет во встроенном тестере стратегий моделировать автоматическую торговлю с помощью экспертов на языке MQL5. Такое моделирование называется тестированием экспертов, и может проводиться с использованием многопоточной оптимизации и одновременно по множеству инструментов. Для проведения тщательного тестирования требуется генерировать тики на основе имеющейся минутной истории. В статье дается подробное описание алгоритма, по которому генерируются тики для исторического тестирования в клиентском терминале MetaTrader 5.

I hate to break it to you about Currenex, EBS etc.

If you do pips in rltime - no problem, they are all in front of your eyes and the experts pass. Trade, but don't demand deep tick charts (that's what they demand, not the last 1000 ticks).

Trading multiple EAs (or hands) on the same symbol at the same time is nonsense/fatality in its purest form. Of course, no one forbids simultaneous management of an aggregate position, but the consequences are your responsibility.

The one-sidedness in MT4 is only because the tester uses a fixed spread and in fact the ask may not be correct. In MetaTrader 5 the spread is stored in each bar, which means that the asc will be modelled almost 100% accurately.

"Publicly shown to be turning MT4 into a netting position" has resulted in US brokers starting to lose business, closing US divisions and providing such terrible accounting that it once again shows what crutches under the slogan "give, don't mess with my brain with consequences and that's it" lead to.

Renat, you are twisting things about the NFA. What reporting are we talking about when you yourself have admitted that even profits in some cases on MT4 are counted incorrectly? All reporting issues are handled through virtual positions on the broker side. You know very well about it, as you know companies who successfully do it under the much more stringent regulators in some European countries.

I will not argue about Avg-bars. It's a practice. Just put an EA on a demo with a floating spread. Then run it in the tester on Bid-bars, Ask-bars and Avg-bars. And see which result is closer to the truth. You haven't done this kind of research and don't even see the logic in it yet.

A simple example of "delusional and fatal":

there is one expert standing. He opens one position. I decide to share in the same direction (you think it is nonsense). The Expert Advisor machine crashes. I launch the Expert Advisor on another machine. How does it know its share in the aggregate position? Based on the history of FILLED orders?

P.S. Please, let me know about Currenex and EBS. I would be grateful to you. I always admit that I don't know something. Although, having traded through NewEdge, I haven't noticed anything to get upset about.

• www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте - Документация по MQL5

I'm not twisting the NFA's words, because I definitely know more and deeper, rather than superficially "there are solutions, so it's OK".

The "lottery vs netting" debate is over.

Reason: