Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 196

mladen:
You are probably righ Checked what types of errors are people getting and complaining of, and almost always it is arrays out of range (or similar). That error is typical for a code that counts on compatibility with previous builds and if strict is applied to such code, ion a lot of cases (I estimate at least 60-70% of old code) the code will need to be rewritten to be usable in a strict mode

Isn't that an error that was already there in some previous builds and they fixed it?

And now it is back?

techmac:
The way they are doing, they will always stay betatrader

It is not betatrader; it is badatrader!

Tzuman:
It is not betatrader; it is badatrader!

The is on overestimation too :):)

I have a Demo account that I use to check which build my Live Broker is attempting to update me to and on firing up the platform this morning was updated to build 745, do these Brokers know about the issues with these builds or do they simply not care about their clients? I have done a quick check of some of my main indicators and they appear on the surface to operate correctly any really bad issues noted with this build?

Update : I spoke too soon I loaded Dolly onto this new build and good old MetaQuotes have altered something to do with the button code yet again, it looks like all the buttons on the chart have decreased in size for OBJPROP_YSIZE values however have remained the same for OBJPROP_XSIZE values.

Build 625

Build 745

Files:

On reported issue the is mind blowing :

Files:
error_1.gif  14 kb

Part of a comment from a Russian art of metatrader site (google translate) :

A pace forward to the appearance of the terminal window tabs "Jokes", "Black Jack" and "Order S *** "

The guy have caught the essence of "improvements"

checkin:
Part of a comment from a Russian art of metatrader site (google translate) : The guy have caught the essence of "improvements"

That was surely humourus LOL!

Handle events with mouse is very inconsistent. I can do full and smooth objects drag but the code i had put to do that is a joke. The worst part is you need force tick for almost mouse events because if you don't force tick, mouse event cycle is incomplete. And duplicate events like click chart and object click. Really all things in MT are complicate. Inclusive do sums...

I think MT4 language must call CKinder++. Never know what surprise waiting at next line code...

in order that all third party software developers should submit their software to MetaQuotes for appraisal

That will be the day

wintersky111:
That was surely humourus LOL!

He did not get an answer (naturally )

Reason: