Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 190

wintersky111:
Moral Of Story for MT4 is that "Great Strategic Vision" in upgrading a product counts for little if practical execution is totally flawed due to continuous multiple customer-disruptive upgrades. Always deliver a final ready product version before releasing to customers. I wonder how the MT4 CEO can actually come up with something absurd like this. This is nothing short of total incompetence.

Seems like a lot of people are sharing your exact sentiment

Oh, they did what their customers asked (the brokers are their customers)

I see more and more traders complaining that their orders are always opened and closed with a slippage that goes into brokers favor (starting from build 670)

techmac:
Oh, they did what their customers asked (the brokers are their customers) I see more and more traders complaining that their orders are always opened and closed with a slippage that goes into brokers favor (starting from build 670)

The answer from traders seems to be obvious : less and less stuff related to metatrader asked and posted (see FF - 5-6 threads, post only)

A lot of crashes of build 711 - no apparent reason

They say that service desk is working on it - meaning they knew and they still released the build 711. "Thanks" mq for making fools of us

May I quote myself? Currently 719.

Ovo:
Yep, in the morning, the terminal updated from 633 to 634, later in the evening to 645. Did the komanda from MQ release over 11 updates today? We may reach the build 777 in a couple of weeks.

Ovo:
May I quote myself? Currently 719.

Looks like the panicking (any difference is a good difference, even if it is just a difference in numbers and nothing else). They are not showing us any meaningful path with the new metatrader 4. That is a road to hell

There is already build 722 - beta again

checkin:
There is already build 722 - beta again

Anything corrected?

Guys

If you go to your c: drive and you find in the "Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Metaquotes\Webinstall" folder a png file (that should be a picture), be advised that it is not a picture. It is a zip packed file containing metatrader "upgrade" (just rename the file to ".zip" and you will be able to see the contents of the file)

Enjoy ...

mladen:
Guys

If you go to your c: drive and you find in the "Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Metaquotes\Webinstall" folder a png file (that should be a picture), be advised that it is not a picture. It is a zip packed file containing metatrader "upgrade" (just rename the file to ".zip" and you will be able to see the contents of the file)

Enjoy ...

Found some strange named file in the tester\liveupdate folder too. Renamed the extension, and it is a zipped file too. They are hiding updates

Reason: