Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 165

checkin:
And some problems with build 660 : apparently again some problems with offline charts. In the Russian part of the forum it was discussed and then the man decided not to post ant more. So familiar - whenever mq is told that something is not OK the answers are almost always the same : "you do not know what are you doing". But it is not us doing it. It is the terminal not-doing it as it should Bah. Just more and more bugs with new builds

You are probably talking about the refresh of the offline chart.

I am afraid that it is rather a missing feature than a bug. I can explain - the PostMessage (that is currently used) refreshes ALL bars. If you change a single candle anywhere, it gets displayed on the chart. You may even shift the candles data in a file, it gets to the chart if PostMessage is fired. So it is roughly correct that it reports entire chart refresh on offline charts.

Since there is no other way to refresh only the latest few bars (I would love it), we have the only choice (supposing the chart is changing only at the most recent end): code a custom detector of changed bars count and use the code in the indicators.

Ovo:
You are probably talking about the refresh of the offline chart.

I am afraid that it is rather a missing feature than a bug. I can explain - the PostMessage (that is currently used) refreshes ALL bars. If you change a single candle anywhere, it gets displayed on the chart. You may even shift the candles data in a file, it gets to the chart if PostMessage is fired. So it is roughly correct that it reports entire chart refresh on offline charts.

Since there is no other way to refresh only the latest few bars (I would love it), we have the only choice (supposing the chart is changing only at the most recent end): code a custom detector of changed bars count and use the code in the indicators.

The problem is that we can not send just a simulated tick, and to force metatrader to make all the offline data available we must post an event that triggers erroneous metatrader "behavior" (indicatorCounted() sends that all the bars were changed from last tick). It is not too difficult to make a new way to detect changed bars, but that means changes in code and that would mean changing all indicators

The usual mess that metatrader makes - nothing new

Well, it looks like this Friday release 770 is due. Some bug fixes but have concentrated on the Virtual hosting as the priority it seems.

finesse:
Well, it looks like this Friday release 770 is due. Some bug fixes but have concentrated on the Virtual hosting as the priority it seems.

They are going to do anything just to avoid what is obvious : to correct one terribly buggy product that they are selling to brokers for good money and we (users) are forced to use

finesse:

Waiting for build 99999

Poor sods are jumping builds as if that will solve something. I guess that we are going to be offered virtual underpants in this 700 build too

mladen:
... It is not too difficult to make a new way to detect changed bars, but that means changes in code and that would mean changing all indicators ...

They do not need to think much about it, since they already have it implemented in the online charts. They seem they do not want to touch offline chart implementation for some reason (which is the better choice after all, no new bugs).

They always had problems with offline charts (in build 509 and earlier when it reached the max bars on chart it started to mess up with indicators on chart and values on chart). They never solved offline charts problems

I have recommended them to create an API for backtester. They will not listen. But it is a pity that, having so much code with hacks to add functionality that is not MT, they did not take the opportunity to add to the platform.

Add an API for managing windows (the OS) would also be fantastic. But it was because they would say no, I would be willing to let them free ...

PS: OnInit () event does not invoke deinit () if it returns a value other than 0 ...

braintheboss:
I have recommended them to create an API for backtester. They will not listen. But it is a pity that, having so much code with hacks to add functionality that is not MT, they did not take the opportunity to add to the platform.

Add an API for managing windows (the OS) would also be fantastic. But it was because they would say no, I would be willing to let them free ...

PS: OnInit () event does not invoke deinit () if it returns a value other than 0 ...

Whenever you mention them the API word the first thing they think about is that you want to hack metatrader. Come on : tradestatio, metastock, all serious trading platforms have API and are not hacked

checkin:
Whenever you mention them the API word the first thing they think about is that you want to hack metatrader. Come on : tradestatio, metastock, all serious trading platforms have API and are not hacked

xD Who will want to hack an application that draws candles? Is the typical mindset of those who believe that invented the wheel. The truth is that I understand what you mean.

Metaquotes are like politicians. Always do the opposite of what people need. And people do not spend time on adding features if you really are not necessary. Just seeing the creativity of the community to overcome the limitations, and makes clear where MetaQuotes should seek solutions.

Reason: